5.1

1. May 27, 2014
    There were a few good scenes in this film, and the overall film plot was under average. Apart from that, the other scenes in this film were very boring, and constantly rely on sex as humour.
  2. Jan 3, 2014
    Pointless and not funny at all. A Haunted House is ridiculously crass and 90% of the jokes could be thought up by a 9 year old (with a very dirty mind). However it is slightly better than the similar Scary Movie 5.
  3. Jan 1, 2014
    A Haunted House really isn't even a spoof film, it only sets itself up in a horror movie spoof setting, and then makes its own stupid jokes. Seriously, the jokes and writing don't use the horror element to make it funny, but just use dumb gags. There isn't much more to say.

F
  4. Dec 23, 2013
    Ok, now I understand that the Wayans brothers like to make parodies out of movies but sometimes, they need to know that it was a step too far. That's exactly what happened in this film.
  5. Dec 9, 2013
    What to say about this one, hmmmm. I knew it was to good to be true that a brand new BluRay was $14.99. It didn't disappoint. Donating it to the library in the morning.
  6. Jun 27, 2013
    The worst kind of comedy. Appalling, Grotesque and plain immature. Just not funny. The people in charge of this movie need to grow up and realize that vulgarity just doesn't get laughs anymore. On par with Scary movie v Which also got bad reviews. This movie is a classic example of bad comedy.
  7. Jun 21, 2013
    One of the most unfunny and offensive movies I have ever seen. There is NOTHING of value here. Go see one of the Scary Movies not this garbage-fest. Or hell, go watch GARBAGE DAY on youtube a gajillion times more entertaining than this crapola. Also apparently they're making a second one slated for next year ALREADY. Is the world coming to an end? WHO WATCHES THIS!!??? WHY!!!??? AAAAAAAAAAAHHH!
  8. Jun 4, 2013
    These films need to stop being made. There is nothing funny here just more fart jokes and wow I had sex with a ghost jokes which we've seen in every Scary Movie. Speaking of that I can't wait to see Scary Movie 5.
  9. May 29, 2013
    "A Haunted House" lacked a sustaining gag factor. The entire movie was extremely lackluster that each comedic moment only jolted me out from falling asleep.
  10. May 11, 2013
    Oh. My. God. I was prepared for this movie to be bad, but the enjoyable type of bad, that you can still laugh at. I could've written this script, and I have the comic wit of a paper towel. It starts off with Marlon's character humping two stuffed animals for probably over a minute straight. Then, there is a series of fart jokes followed by a maid going crazy and hitting people, and a grown man screaming like a little girl. Basically, it's all the things people under the age of five think is funny, except this is for adults. Nick Swardson comes in to unintentionally mock the entire homosexual community, in a way that is more offensive than if it were intentional. I wish I were making this up. I mean, they don't even make the effort to use cliche jokes that have used in every single sitcom since the 50's, like most bad comedies do. It's just a series of people doing stupid, over-the-top, things for a laugh; things that have all been done before, and weren't funny then either. I do have to say that the performances are generally pretty good. The actors do their best to revive a horrible script, but the best comedic actors of all time could not have saved this movie. Not good. Not good. Expand
  11. May 11, 2013
    We rented this movie expecting to laugh and enjoy our movie night. I was so embarrassed and completely appalled by all the sex references. I made my teenagers leave the room. My husband should have read the contents first. We didn't even watch the entire movie. It was disturbing and not funny. The previews show all the funny parts. I usually like the Wayans' movies, but they went too far on this one. Expand
  12. May 4, 2013
    "A Haunted House" (a [poor] parody of the "Paranormal" franchise) will only appeal to those with the most juvenile of humor, mainly for pre-teens which is odd since it's rated R. This film was a waste of my time, not recommended.
  13. May 3, 2013
    Surprisingly this film wasn't even as good as most of the Scary Movies. Like those films, this was yet another spoof comedy mocking one or more horror flicks. A Haunted House mostly was a spoof on Paranormal Activity. While there were certainly some funny parts and Marlon Wayans is his typical funny self, the movie was mostly just stupid, which was to be expected. What was disappointing was that none of the cameos were all that funny. Cedric the Entertainer was stupid and Nick Swardson was too gay. Expand
  14. May 3, 2013
    Marlon Wayans needs to stop polluting the entertainment industry. This garbage is so rotten it makes me mad that there was a distributor that signed off on releasing this immature, worthless, incomprehensible, pile of dingo dung. Marlon, the next time you have the urge to film you and your friends' pet projects; upload the video to YouTube like the rest of us. For you to have thought a film of you and your friends messing around was so good that people should pay to see it requires severe detachment from reality. Expand
  15. Apr 30, 2013
    To be quite honest with you all I think 2/10 was generous. This film is a lost cause. I know it's a film parodying 'Paranormal Activity', but in some scenes it is basically just ripping it off completely without working up to a joke. A ridiculous film with absolutely no reason for making it other than money.
  16. Apr 29, 2013
    The writers for this film put no effort and time into this script so I will do the same for my review. This movie is nothing but fart, poop, piss, racist and gay jokes. It is garbage. Plain and simple.
  17. Apr 29, 2013
    There's only one problem with this movie, it's horrible. So many fart gags and perverted jokes with almost zero laughs. I was really surprised that not even Marlon Wayans who did such a great job with the Scary Movie franchise could pull this off. It could have been hilarious but I only laughed like maybe twice in the whole runtime and both of those laughs came from Nick Swardson. What a major disappointment. Since their already going to make a sequel, I really hope they correct and improve the huge problems they had with this one. Expand
  18. Apr 14, 2013
    This movie was terrible as i thought when i first time glance down on the poster.Not a single human been would laugh for this movie ,unless their brain damaged.This type of movies are insult to black community in USA.
  19. Apr 13, 2013
    The first half of the movie wasn't all that funny but the second half was an improvement and actually made up for the time I put into it. A few solid chuckles but no real burst out laughing moments. It's a parody but it's not a parody. It does parody the first Paranormal Activity film with the plot but other then that, It's an "original" comedy. Most of the scenes were improvised, that is pretty obvious, and were not all that fun. The constant run on jokes (such as the swinger couple) were not funny and actually got pretty annoying. Overall, It was an ok movie. Worth checking out if you like films like Scary Movie but other then that, I wouldn't recommend it. Expand
  20. Feb 12, 2013
    Sorry to say that this was not a good movie. It had funny moments but those were few and far between. It really could have been great. I'm really surprised this made it to theaters.
  21. Feb 10, 2013
    This movie mistook vulgarity for humor. It was nasty and disgusting. Even when there was a laugh it was based on some silly premise such as a fart, or having sex with stuffed animals (yes really!). Of all the movies I have seen the last 5 years this was the worst!
  22. Jan 25, 2013
    I went into this movie expecting stupidity, but was hoping that there might be some comedic value to be found. Alas, I was disappointed. This movie just wasn't funny at all. Individually, I find many of the actors humorous if not even truly gifted in their approach to comedy, but this film just missed all the marks. Spoofs s a genre are getting more and more tiresome as filmmakers rely solely on gags and physical humor. Actually, I was offended by just how stupid Hollywood must think I am. Expand
  23. Jan 21, 2013
    I have only walked out of 4 movies in my life and this was one of them. It sucked.
    We were very disappointed. I expected so much more from the Wayans family who I
    am very big fans of. That is one of the reasons why we went. It just was not funny at all.
    we left after about an hour. A waist of good money.

1. Reviewed by: Emma Morgan
    May 27, 2013
    The moments where you feel the cast are off-script and riffing are fun if not actually funny, but the most horrific thing on offer here is misogyny.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Cunningham
    May 27, 2013
    Dreadful.
  3. Reviewed by: Jordan Hoffman
    Feb 26, 2013
    A Haunted House, its despicable bigotry aside, is also a not-very-good comedy.