5.1

1. Jan 30, 2013
    This movie has some great moments, no doubt. However, intellectuals might find some of the humor not up to standard. It's very crude at times. It's definitely a movie that should be watched with friends that you feel comfortable around. **wouldn't take a date out to this one, fellas. The acting was great. Every character had distinct personalities. There were some parts that were justThis movie has some great moments, no doubt. However, intellectuals might find some of the humor not up to standard. It's very crude at times. It's definitely a movie that should be watched with friends that you feel comfortable around. **wouldn't take a date out to this one, fellas. The acting was great. Every character had distinct personalities. There were some parts that were just crude, not funny, akward moments (apparently they were supposed to be funny, but the theatre rejected to laugh) assuming that it was a missed target by the story line. Overall, it was worth the watch. Expand
  2. Feb 1, 2013
    Movie was surprisingly funny but overlong. Cut out the last 30 minutes and it was a laugh riot with some very clever bits. Unfortunately, it begins to fall apart with the overlong ending and the decidedly unfunny overtop performance by Cedric the Entertainer.
  3. Mar 25, 2013
    I literally went in to see Essence because I love her and she is one of the funniest female black women alive and one of the funniest to me ever. Also because it looks better then Paranormal Activity. This film was touch and go. Little to outrageous but its made by the Waynes brothers. The funny outrageous guys. I loved Essence she was funny as hell. The male lead was touch and go. I doI literally went in to see Essence because I love her and she is one of the funniest female black women alive and one of the funniest to me ever. Also because it looks better then Paranormal Activity. This film was touch and go. Little to outrageous but its made by the Waynes brothers. The funny outrageous guys. I loved Essence she was funny as hell. The male lead was touch and go. I do say this was better then all the Paranormal Activity films and the paranormal films just completely. I dont see anything scary about ghost, bumbs, things falling over. I say watch this with your friends, mainly focus on Essence and The Big Black Priest guy person he was funny just them and you'll laugh. Expand
  4. Apr 15, 2013
    The most fun movie i watch this year. Wayans do a much better than scary movie. Not only for his fun but for all to love great comedy. Its hilarious. I lough like baby
  5. May 11, 2013
    We rented this movie expecting to laugh and enjoy our movie night. I was so embarrassed and completely appalled by all the sex references. I made my teenagers leave the room. My husband should have read the contents first. We didn't even watch the entire movie. It was disturbing and not funny. The previews show all the funny parts. I usually like the Wayans' movies, but they went too farWe rented this movie expecting to laugh and enjoy our movie night. I was so embarrassed and completely appalled by all the sex references. I made my teenagers leave the room. My husband should have read the contents first. We didn't even watch the entire movie. It was disturbing and not funny. The previews show all the funny parts. I usually like the Wayans' movies, but they went too far on this one. Expand
  6. Jul 18, 2013
    A Haunted House is a lot like the Scary Movie series in that it's a comedy spoofs various horror movies. In this case the "found footage" horror films like Paranormal Activity and [Rec]. It can be very funny at times, downright hilarious at others. It's immature like you would not believe because it's jokes are all sex and fart related, but it still provides MANY laughs. However thereA Haunted House is a lot like the Scary Movie series in that it's a comedy spoofs various horror movies. In this case the "found footage" horror films like Paranormal Activity and [Rec]. It can be very funny at times, downright hilarious at others. It's immature like you would not believe because it's jokes are all sex and fart related, but it still provides MANY laughs. However there are times in this movie when they take their sex related humor too far, to the point where it pushes the line of good taste WAY farther than it should (rape isn't funny people). But in the end the humor manages to keep itself up and keep you entertained even when the vulgarity reaches some insanely unfunny and downright sickening levels. Expand
  7. Apr 13, 2013
    The first half of the movie wasn't all that funny but the second half was an improvement and actually made up for the time I put into it. A few solid chuckles but no real burst out laughing moments. It's a parody but it's not a parody. It does parody the first Paranormal Activity film with the plot but other then that, It's an "original" comedy. Most of the scenes were improvised, that isThe first half of the movie wasn't all that funny but the second half was an improvement and actually made up for the time I put into it. A few solid chuckles but no real burst out laughing moments. It's a parody but it's not a parody. It does parody the first Paranormal Activity film with the plot but other then that, It's an "original" comedy. Most of the scenes were improvised, that is pretty obvious, and were not all that fun. The constant run on jokes (such as the swinger couple) were not funny and actually got pretty annoying. Overall, It was an ok movie. Worth checking out if you like films like Scary Movie but other then that, I wouldn't recommend it. Expand
  8. Jun 21, 2013
    One of the most unfunny and offensive movies I have ever seen. There is NOTHING of value here. Go see one of the Scary Movies not this garbage-fest. Or hell, go watch GARBAGE DAY on youtube a gajillion times more entertaining than this crapola. Also apparently they're making a second one slated for next year ALREADY. Is the world coming to an end? WHO WATCHES THIS!!??? WHY!!!??? AAAAAAAAAAAHHH!
  9. Oct 9, 2013
    What's with the bad reviews?! this is a funny movie, it's a parody (not meant to relate to the original video). showed this movie to 10 of my friends, and they laughed
  10. May 29, 2013
    "A Haunted House" lacked a sustaining gag factor. The entire movie was extremely lackluster that each comedic moment only jolted me out from falling asleep.
  11. Jan 3, 2014
    Pointless and not funny at all. A Haunted House is ridiculously crass and 90% of the jokes could be thought up by a 9 year old (with a very dirty mind). However it is slightly better than the similar Scary Movie 5.
  12. Feb 23, 2013
    It isn't a terrible movie but it sure isn't the next big mark in the history of movies, its just a passing film made for a low profit for different minded people. It had more dumb jokes over clever ones but it really matters on the viewer, 50% enjoy the idiocy and the other 50 chuckles beneath the references of modern-whatever. Have a spare twenty bucks lying around? Go check this movieIt isn't a terrible movie but it sure isn't the next big mark in the history of movies, its just a passing film made for a low profit for different minded people. It had more dumb jokes over clever ones but it really matters on the viewer, 50% enjoy the idiocy and the other 50 chuckles beneath the references of modern-whatever. Have a spare twenty bucks lying around? Go check this movie out Then either spam Facebook with how "awesome" the movie was or gloat in disappointment of wasted paper bills and spare change. Expand
  13. Jun 4, 2013
    These films need to stop being made. There is nothing funny here just more fart jokes and wow I had sex with a ghost jokes which we've seen in every Scary Movie. Speaking of that I can't wait to see Scary Movie 5.
  14. Jun 15, 2013
    This is literally the best comedy movie I've ever watched. If you have an incredibly immature sense of humor, watch this movie. It's amazing. No flaws.
  15. Jun 10, 2013
    This film was wayyyyyy better than all Scary movies. Though it's stupid it is really funny and entertaining. Seriously (for the bad reviews) when you watch a film like that you know that there is not going to be some good quality. You will laugh at this movie like you've never did. If you like scary movie, epic movie etc.. You will like it. I hope the sequel is as good as this one. WhatThis film was wayyyyyy better than all Scary movies. Though it's stupid it is really funny and entertaining. Seriously (for the bad reviews) when you watch a film like that you know that there is not going to be some good quality. You will laugh at this movie like you've never did. If you like scary movie, epic movie etc.. You will like it. I hope the sequel is as good as this one. What was a suprise for me was that it actually only talked about paranormal activity and the devil inside. I can say that i liked very much and if you want to laugh that's good stuff Expand
  16. Jun 27, 2013
    The worst kind of comedy. Appalling, Grotesque and plain immature. Just not funny. The people in charge of this movie need to grow up and realize that vulgarity just doesn't get laughs anymore. On par with Scary movie v Which also got bad reviews. This movie is a classic example of bad comedy.
  17. Sep 20, 2013
    One can argue that this is a stupid, badly-acted horror movie cliché movie, but you have to admit it provides some good laughs, as well as some inappropriate scenes that add shock value.
  18. Dec 9, 2013
    What to say about this one, hmmmm. I knew it was to good to be true that a brand new BluRay was $14.99. It didn't disappoint. Donating it to the library in the morning.
  19. Oct 15, 2013
    This film was funny and entertaining. If you were offended by anything other than what happened to the male lead, I suggest you analyze yourself. It was made to show what this couple would do versus the typical couple often found in these situations. I couldn't stop laughing. My Irish husband couldn't either. I cannot wait to see what movies they parody in the sequel. My vote is: keep 'emThis film was funny and entertaining. If you were offended by anything other than what happened to the male lead, I suggest you analyze yourself. It was made to show what this couple would do versus the typical couple often found in these situations. I couldn't stop laughing. My Irish husband couldn't either. I cannot wait to see what movies they parody in the sequel. My vote is: keep 'em coming. Especially since there isn't much to pick from in Hollywood since the early 2000's. Btw, I am not just a movie watcher, I also make them. Put yourselves in others' shoes. Expand
  20. Apr 21, 2014
    could be better, but its pretty funny. kids b/w ages of middle school and early college would love this. If you liked In Living Color, then you'll like this
  21. Dec 23, 2013
    Ok, now I understand that the Wayans brothers like to make parodies out of movies but sometimes, they need to know that it was a step too far. That's exactly what happened in this film.
  22. Jan 10, 2014
    The best paranormal activity spoof I have ever seen. There are a few boring parts but its mostly just laugh after laugh. Don't go into this movie expecting a oscar winning performance. You CAN expect tons of rude, racist, yet hilarious humor and the story ain't too shabby!
  23. Jan 1, 2014
    A Haunted House really isn't even a spoof film, it only sets itself up in a horror movie spoof setting, and then makes its own stupid jokes. Seriously, the jokes and writing don't use the horror element to make it funny, but just use dumb gags. There isn't much more to say.

F
  24. May 27, 2014
    There were a few good scenes in this film, and the overall film plot was under average. Apart from that, the other scenes in this film were very boring, and constantly rely on sex as humour.
  25. Apr 20, 2014
    You have to give "A haunted house" a chance because for me, it;s a film that gets funnier as it progresses.
    I'm not usually a big fan of parody films, Marlon Wayans at first is a little annoying with his comedic overacting buts its something i soon got used to and actually started to enjoy.

While isnt not an amazing film by any counts, it is one of the first parody films in a long while that at times had me laughing out loud.
  26. Mar 15, 2014
    this movie is a like one of the best horror comedy ever . Marlon Wayans is freaking funny in this film i had a quite a good laugh in this film . here's the bad news this film tries to be like scary movie and there copying some of it they try to have cameras just like scary movie 5 and paranormal activity . but still it is enjoyable to watch . if you do not like it screw you but thisthis movie is a like one of the best horror comedy ever . Marlon Wayans is freaking funny in this film i had a quite a good laugh in this film . here's the bad news this film tries to be like scary movie and there copying some of it they try to have cameras just like scary movie 5 and paranormal activity . but still it is enjoyable to watch . if you do not like it screw you but this is a good comedy for 17 and up . also i can not wait to see a haunted house 2 . Expand
  27. Nov 23, 2014
    A Haunted House es una película que se burla de varias películas de terror, tales como The Blair With Project, Paranormal Activity (en teoría, de cuatro), The Devil Inside y The Last Exorcism.

El film de vez en cuando logra sacar risas al público, pero su historia se pierde de una manera débil en su comedia que es muy, pero muy negra. Esta película no resulta muy original, y podría decirse que se debe a que su concepto va entrando en un bosque al cual lo que hace es dejarla fuera de lugar, aunque se puede decir de que el parecido a las tomas de cámaras de este film con el de "Paranormal Activity" está bien logrado, pero, por desgracia, no llega a un nivel de otras películas que son de su tipo, como, por ejemplo, las de "Scary Movie".
  28. Dec 25, 2014
    There is too much fart jokes and this s not one of the greatest parody I have ever seen but the acting was not so bad and the movie was watchable even if the scenario was not so good.

1. Reviewed by: Emma Morgan
    May 27, 2013
    The moments where you feel the cast are off-script and riffing are fun if not actually funny, but the most horrific thing on offer here is misogyny.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Cunningham
    May 27, 2013
    Dreadful.
  3. Reviewed by: Jordan Hoffman
    Feb 26, 2013
    A Haunted House, its despicable bigotry aside, is also a not-very-good comedy.