5.1

1. Feb 17, 2013
    There's really nothing *wrong* with this movie, it's just so recycled. It really relies on fart jokes too much and I really think it would work better as a series of SNL skits rather than a movie (seeing as the whole film is one unrelated skit after another). Better than the last 2 Scary Movies, and maybe that's cuz Wayans wasn't involved.
  2. Apr 9, 2013
    This is a funny movie, with some hilarious scenes. It is definitely stale and slow between jokes, but the comparison needs to be made to the travesty that is has become the Scary Movie franchise and similar "satire" films. WAY better.
  3. Mar 29, 2014
    its about an average move lol I would give it a 5.5 but metacritic doesn't have that score lol overall though haunted house was not a bad movie; I got a couple laughs in this movie, here and there and I did laugh heartily a good couple times; for the most part though about a good half of the jokes failed; I was expecting more out of this movie since the wayans were in this but yeahhh itits about an average move lol I would give it a 5.5 but metacritic doesn't have that score lol overall though haunted house was not a bad movie; I got a couple laughs in this movie, here and there and I did laugh heartily a good couple times; for the most part though about a good half of the jokes failed; I was expecting more out of this movie since the wayans were in this but yeahhh it didn't live up to the hype; maybe it was cause keenan wayans didn't direct this or maybe it was cause shawn wayans wasn't in this but all in all this movie lost some of the magic wayans films are known for; I would say though that I did get entertainment out of this movie and I really I would say this film is worth it if youre watching it for free and didn't pay 20 bucks at the theatre; if you are planning on paying for it welllll theeenn, lets just hope youre rich lol Expand
  4. Apr 24, 2013
    Interesting to have both this and Scary Movie 5 come out around the same time and be pretty much the same movie, but I must admit I think these guys did it just a tad better. There are less pop culture refrences and it focuses more on the paranormal stuff which is what it should be doing. Some of the jokes miss the mark but not too many as some are also very funny. I wasn't expecting muchInteresting to have both this and Scary Movie 5 come out around the same time and be pretty much the same movie, but I must admit I think these guys did it just a tad better. There are less pop culture refrences and it focuses more on the paranormal stuff which is what it should be doing. Some of the jokes miss the mark but not too many as some are also very funny. I wasn't expecting much from it but was pleasantly surprised when watching it so I think its at least worth checking out! Expand
  5. Feb 1, 2013
    Movie was surprisingly funny but overlong. Cut out the last 30 minutes and it was a laugh riot with some very clever bits. Unfortunately, it begins to fall apart with the overlong ending and the decidedly unfunny overtop performance by Cedric the Entertainer.
  6. Mar 25, 2013
    I literally went in to see Essence because I love her and she is one of the funniest female black women alive and one of the funniest to me ever. Also because it looks better then Paranormal Activity. This film was touch and go. Little to outrageous but its made by the Waynes brothers. The funny outrageous guys. I loved Essence she was funny as hell. The male lead was touch and go. I doI literally went in to see Essence because I love her and she is one of the funniest female black women alive and one of the funniest to me ever. Also because it looks better then Paranormal Activity. This film was touch and go. Little to outrageous but its made by the Waynes brothers. The funny outrageous guys. I loved Essence she was funny as hell. The male lead was touch and go. I do say this was better then all the Paranormal Activity films and the paranormal films just completely. I dont see anything scary about ghost, bumbs, things falling over. I say watch this with your friends, mainly focus on Essence and The Big Black Priest guy person he was funny just them and you'll laugh. Expand
  7. Apr 13, 2013
    The first half of the movie wasn't all that funny but the second half was an improvement and actually made up for the time I put into it. A few solid chuckles but no real burst out laughing moments. It's a parody but it's not a parody. It does parody the first Paranormal Activity film with the plot but other then that, It's an "original" comedy. Most of the scenes were improvised, that isThe first half of the movie wasn't all that funny but the second half was an improvement and actually made up for the time I put into it. A few solid chuckles but no real burst out laughing moments. It's a parody but it's not a parody. It does parody the first Paranormal Activity film with the plot but other then that, It's an "original" comedy. Most of the scenes were improvised, that is pretty obvious, and were not all that fun. The constant run on jokes (such as the swinger couple) were not funny and actually got pretty annoying. Overall, It was an ok movie. Worth checking out if you like films like Scary Movie but other then that, I wouldn't recommend it. Expand
  8. Jan 3, 2014
    Pointless and not funny at all. A Haunted House is ridiculously crass and 90% of the jokes could be thought up by a 9 year old (with a very dirty mind). However it is slightly better than the similar Scary Movie 5.
  9. Feb 23, 2013
    It isn't a terrible movie but it sure isn't the next big mark in the history of movies, its just a passing film made for a low profit for different minded people. It had more dumb jokes over clever ones but it really matters on the viewer, 50% enjoy the idiocy and the other 50 chuckles beneath the references of modern-whatever. Have a spare twenty bucks lying around? Go check this movieIt isn't a terrible movie but it sure isn't the next big mark in the history of movies, its just a passing film made for a low profit for different minded people. It had more dumb jokes over clever ones but it really matters on the viewer, 50% enjoy the idiocy and the other 50 chuckles beneath the references of modern-whatever. Have a spare twenty bucks lying around? Go check this movie out Then either spam Facebook with how "awesome" the movie was or gloat in disappointment of wasted paper bills and spare change. Expand
  10. Sep 20, 2013
    One can argue that this is a stupid, badly-acted horror movie cliché movie, but you have to admit it provides some good laughs, as well as some inappropriate scenes that add shock value.
  11. Dec 9, 2013
    What to say about this one, hmmmm. I knew it was to good to be true that a brand new BluRay was $14.99. It didn't disappoint. Donating it to the library in the morning.
  12. May 27, 2014
    There were a few good scenes in this film, and the overall film plot was under average. Apart from that, the other scenes in this film were very boring, and constantly rely on sex as humour.
  13. Apr 20, 2014
    You have to give "A haunted house" a chance because for me, it;s a film that gets funnier as it progresses.
    I'm not usually a big fan of parody films, Marlon Wayans at first is a little annoying with his comedic overacting buts its something i soon got used to and actually started to enjoy.

While isnt not an amazing film by any counts, it is one of the first parody films in a long while that at times had me laughing out loud.
  14. Nov 23, 2014
    A Haunted House es una película que se burla de varias películas de terror, tales como The Blair With Project, Paranormal Activity (en teoría, de cuatro), The Devil Inside y The Last Exorcism.

El film de vez en cuando logra sacar risas al público, pero su historia se pierde de una manera débil en su comedia que es muy, pero muy negra. Esta película no resulta muy original, y podría decirse que se debe a que su concepto va entrando en un bosque al cual lo que hace es dejarla fuera de lugar, aunque se puede decir de que el parecido a las tomas de cámaras de este film con el de "Paranormal Activity" está bien logrado, pero, por desgracia, no llega a un nivel de otras películas que son de su tipo, como, por ejemplo, las de "Scary Movie".

1. Reviewed by: Emma Morgan
    May 27, 2013
    The moments where you feel the cast are off-script and riffing are fun if not actually funny, but the most horrific thing on offer here is misogyny.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Cunningham
    May 27, 2013
    Dreadful.
  3. Reviewed by: Jordan Hoffman
    Feb 26, 2013
    A Haunted House, its despicable bigotry aside, is also a not-very-good comedy.