4.2

1. Nov 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm entirely shocked by some of these reviews... I felt that this movie was incredible. It is a story of a woman who learns unfortunate information and uses humor in serious/uncomfortable situation(s). Whoopi Goldberg was a perfect "God" for Hudson's character, Marley. They are a perfect fit! I was extremely moved by the Bernal's performance of Dr. Goldstein, Punch's performance of Marley's friend, Sarah, etc... I found this story very moving and personally life changing as I feel a connection with Marley. Furthermore, I now know that I will be having a Celebration of Life when my life here comes to a halt. I recommend this movie to all. Expand
  2. Oct 6, 2013
    My wife liked this movie. That means it was bad. I hate to agree with evil left wing lunatics like those at Rolling Stoned but this movie was bad. Have I mentioned how bad this movie was? It's as bad as the current president. Wait, the credits at the end were great because that meant the movie was finally over...
  3. Jan 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It was an excellent movie! Was a real tear jerker for me yet funny! I recommend this movie and will watch it again! I can relate with being angry with someone you love dying and there is nothing you can do to stop it! And it's hard to be happy in your life knowing someone you love so much it being taken away!!! I give this movie a 10!!!! Expand
  4. Jun 17, 2012
    what can i say? its only the greatest mvie ever! seriously, if you love anythign with quality, then you'll absolutely adore this! it's just amazing!!!
  5. Jun 16, 2012
    Yes, this is a bad movie, though out of all the stinkers out there, I am not sure why this should merit the lowest score of anything currently in release. It fails in many ways, but is not so obviously bad at any one point that it made me finally give it up. It's just that when there's such famous actors involved on such a weighty subject, you really expect more. There is no chemistry in the leads, there is no consistency in the actions, it isn't funny (when it tries), it never develops momentum. It also seems odd to have a terminal patient feeling energetic enough to energetically do whatever they want with smiles and laughter so close to death. That aspect finally rings so untrue, I began to wonder how much better it would be to have the script and actors facing some more serious symptoms. When you find yourself wishing for more bad things to happen to a character in a film, that's a bad sign. Expand
  6. May 30, 2012
    Kathy Bates Saves The Movie From Getting A 1 From Critics...
    Thats All I Can Say..
  7. May 5, 2012
    This things happen when you have a terrible idea, with a terrible director, and no great cast, A Little Bit of Heaven, is horrible, really, I like this type of movies, but this is awful. The performances of all the cast are stupid, the story boring and more, this movie is HORRIBLE!!

Overwhelming dislike - based on 20 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Frank Scheck
    May 4, 2012
    An awkward mixture of melodrama and whimsical romantic comedy that should make the briefest of appearances in theaters before, like its main character, moving on to other planes. It might serve a valuable purpose if it at least prompts viewers to finally schedule those long delayed colonoscopies.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Travers
    May 4, 2012
    Droolingly stupid weepie. Useful tip: The movie dies way quicker than she does.
  3. Reviewed by: Lou Lumenick
    May 4, 2012
    With the abysmal A Little Bit of Heaven, Kate Hudson's possibly unprecedented losing streak remains unbroken: She hasn't made a good movie since Almost Famous, 12 long years ago. Even Nicolas Cage can't say that.