6.6

1. Jan 4, 2015
    I wouldn't call it great. It's definitely dumb, and the characters definitely don't have depth, but somehow it's still sort of amusing. There were a couple of scenes that were actually sort of funny, like the wedding being interrupted with "Baby don't hurt me", and Will Ferrel was definitely very committed to his idiotic character. But really, that's about it. There's not that muchI wouldn't call it great. It's definitely dumb, and the characters definitely don't have depth, but somehow it's still sort of amusing. There were a couple of scenes that were actually sort of funny, like the wedding being interrupted with "Baby don't hurt me", and Will Ferrel was definitely very committed to his idiotic character. But really, that's about it. There's not that much here on either side of the equation, painful or inspired. So in the end it "don't hurt me" that much, but it doesn't do much else either. Expand
  2. Dec 9, 2014
    1/5★
    One note characters in a one joke film stretched past the breaking point. Its interesting now as a pre-stardom Will Ferrell film but otherwise its a stupid waste of time.

Verdict: Skip
  3. Jul 21, 2014
    The movie is a cult classic and that's because it is very memorable and a great time to watch. The comedic duo Will Farrel and Chris Kattan are hilarious together and the movie also has a very distinct and memorable soundtrack with such hits like What Is Love? and Be My Lover. If you're around with your buddies and you're looking for a movie to have fun with, laugh hard at, and give yourThe movie is a cult classic and that's because it is very memorable and a great time to watch. The comedic duo Will Farrel and Chris Kattan are hilarious together and the movie also has a very distinct and memorable soundtrack with such hits like What Is Love? and Be My Lover. If you're around with your buddies and you're looking for a movie to have fun with, laugh hard at, and give your guys a whole series of inside jokes, watch this movie. Highly recommended. Expand
  4. Feb 14, 2012
    What is Love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.. That single scene when the guys are headbanging at What is Love deserves a perfect rating...
  5. ChelleP
    Feb 4, 2005
    Okay so this movie is VERY FUNNY. Its very entertaining.. but its not informative or thoughtfull like Becca said. That in my opinion is what you watch movies for, to be entertained and A night at the Roxbury hit that nail on the head! One of the great unpopular movies of all time.
  6. RyanM.
    May 10, 2005
    Hilarious.
  7. AndrewJ.
    Jun 20, 2004
    All of those critics don't know a good movie if it hit them in the balls. They thought that the movie goers wouldn't like it but they were so wrong. I loved it. Hilarious. One of my favorite movies ever.
  8. AT
    Aug 4, 2004
    This movie is so funny with so many memorable scences . How do you not give it a 10.
  9. BruiNation
    May 9, 2005
    The fact that the average user rating of this epicly stupid "film" is 9.5 is mindboggling. obviously, nobody seems to care if the movie had a plot, script, acting, direction, or humor. If you actually enjoyed this film, go get a lobotomy...you obviously don't need your brain.
  10. curlysue
    Jul 11, 2005
    I never really appreciate the humour in this movie until my boyfriend introduced it to me again, and ever since we have always watched it to make us laugh!!...its so hilarious...SCORE!!!
  11. BigJon
    Jul 5, 2005
    I'd rate the critics who hated this movie a 1/10!! One of the funniest movies I have ever seen, I have watched it at least 10 times and the comedy never runs dry. Kattan and Ferell are brilliant together, any guy who has tried to pick up a 'hottie' and failed will appreciate thier escapades. It's likely that the average ranting Roxbury critic is a social moron who I'd rate the critics who hated this movie a 1/10!! One of the funniest movies I have ever seen, I have watched it at least 10 times and the comedy never runs dry. Kattan and Ferell are brilliant together, any guy who has tried to pick up a 'hottie' and failed will appreciate thier escapades. It's likely that the average ranting Roxbury critic is a social moron who can't handle the honesty and black humor in this movie. Expand
  12. AdamB.
    Apr 21, 2007
    Most actors have their flops. This is Will Ferrell's. Unfunny, boring, and cheesy are the only words that will come to your mind after watching this movie. What was once a brilliant sketch is ruined by the complex stupidity of a film with an ego bigger than its hit.
  13. JonR.
    Jun 10, 2004
    THIS WAS THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!! These metacritic ratings are bogus, this and biodome were HILARIOUS!!! BEST MOVIES EVER!!!
  14. PaulC.
    Feb 23, 2005
    This film rocks....so funny.....a good laugh at the 80's nightclub scene.
  15. xanatos
    May 30, 2005
    Everyone says this movie sucks but i think its one of the funniest movies i've ever seen! This movie never gets boring either, i watch it all the time.
  16. BeccaF.
    Jul 31, 2004
    I'm also confused...how did such a good movie get such a bad rating? Sure, its not moving or thoughtful, but A night at the roxbury is an undeniably funny movie.
  17. Jul 8, 2011
    Seriously, does anyone who liked this movie have a brain? This was the most pathetic piece of crap movie I've ever seen. I felt embarrassed for the actors while watching this, the jokes were so lame. Unless your an 8 year old with down syndrome, I do not recommend it for anyone.
  18. Feb 11, 2014
    What is love? Baby don't Hurt me. one of the most epicness Scene made ever, is a very fun movie But, the critic hate this Master Comedy piece... Baby don't hurt me, Don't hurt me, No more....

1. Reviewed by: Nicole Campos
    That Amy Heckerling produced and, supposedly, had an uncredited hand in scripting this turkey is the saddest thing I've heard all year.
  2. Reviewed by: Sandra Contreras
    Steve and Doug's story just isn't funny, and it would take far better writing than Kattan, Ferrell and Steve Koren can muster to make it less than an ordeal.
  3. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    The track record of SNL-drawn movies is dire ("It's Pat," "Stuart Saves His Family," "Blues Brothers 2000"), and this one stands just a peg higher, as an amiable, if flyweight, di-version.