Sony Pictures Classics | Release Date: December 30, 2011
8.9
Universal acclaim based on 536 Ratings
WATCH NOW
dierregiOct 19, 2014
Probably one of the most boring movies I ever watched in my life. Even the title is misleading, because only the first and last scene have something to do with the actual separation. We see Simin (the wife) and Nader (the husband) in front ofProbably one of the most boring movies I ever watched in my life. Even the title is misleading, because only the first and last scene have something to do with the actual separation. We see Simin (the wife) and Nader (the husband) in front of a judge debating the reasons why they want to split. Actually, Simin wants to split, Nader seems not to care one way or the other – which certainly does not give much motivation to continue a marriage.

I am sure such a story based in Europe or the US would not have won an Oscar, but it is not the first time – nor will be the last – that a movie wins a prize for obscure reasons that have nothing to do with cinematography.
jgzegerMar 1, 2012
Don't waste your time. This movie is just a lot of shouting and arguing and little else. I can't believe it won an Academy Award. What were they thinking?