8.9

1. May 4, 2013
    False advertising. So-so movie that is barely about the core concept. It was watchable enough so it wasn't a complete waste of time. And where's the humor?
  2. Aug 31, 2012
    This is a classic situation of a movie critics think is great but others feel far less enamored with. The acting is great and the look into Iranian culture is nice, but the movie is a bunch or yelling, lying and manipulation. The ending really spelled it out. The movie went nowhere and was uninspiring.
  3. Mar 1, 2012
    Don't waste your time. This movie is just a lot of shouting and arguing and little else. I can't believe it won an Academy Award. What were they thinking?
  4. Jan 10, 2012
    Maybe i expected more after such rave reviews. But there is nothing new in this movie. Yes , the acting is great but the storyline is weak and uninteresting. Maybe there is something there on a deeper level but it escaped me.

1. Reviewed by: Lawrence Toppman
    Mar 3, 2012
    Every time it starts to feel like something we have known, we realize how unlike us these Iranian characters are.
  2. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Mar 2, 2012
    It's the little moments in Farhadi's film that are its most important, speaking every bit as loudly as its big, narrative-driving moments.
  3. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Feb 29, 2012
    It's a mystery wrapped inside an enigmatic nation, flawlessly acted and difficult to predict. I'm always impressed when a movie informs about a foreign culture while it entertains, and this one is powerful art in that regard.