A Separation

8.8

1. Oct 19, 2014
    Probably one of the most boring movies I ever watched in my life. Even the title is misleading, because only the first and last scene have something to do with the actual separation. We see Simin (the wife) and Nader (the husband) in front of a judge debating the reasons why they want to split. Actually, Simin wants to split, Nader seems not to care one way or the other – which certainlyProbably one of the most boring movies I ever watched in my life. Even the title is misleading, because only the first and last scene have something to do with the actual separation. We see Simin (the wife) and Nader (the husband) in front of a judge debating the reasons why they want to split. Actually, Simin wants to split, Nader seems not to care one way or the other – which certainly does not give much motivation to continue a marriage.

I am sure such a story based in Europe or the US would not have won an Oscar, but it is not the first time – nor will be the last – that a movie wins a prize for obscure reasons that have nothing to do with cinematography.
  2. Mar 1, 2012
    Don't waste your time. This movie is just a lot of shouting and arguing and little else. I can't believe it won an Academy Award. What were they thinking?
  3. May 4, 2013
    False advertising. So-so movie that is barely about the core concept. It was watchable enough so it wasn't a complete waste of time. And where's the humor?
  4. Jan 26, 2016
    Behold the worst movie of all time, it is the most boring film I have ever seen, this Fnn film is about Muslim's and there sad and miserable who give a Sh!t life, and its made worse by the fact this is a stupid foreign film, all they do is shout each other, even the Title sounds garbage A Separation, the only people who watch are old grannies. This movie has nothing remotely interestingBehold the worst movie of all time, it is the most boring film I have ever seen, this Fnn film is about Muslim's and there sad and miserable who give a Sh!t life, and its made worse by the fact this is a stupid foreign film, all they do is shout each other, even the Title sounds garbage A Separation, the only people who watch are old grannies. This movie has nothing remotely interesting its rat bags spouting there stupid mouth, I wanted to die after the first 5 minutes of this Sh!t fest, the only reason why I watched half of this stupid gay movie, is because I have to study this stupid film for year 12, DO NOT BOTHER WITH THIS SH!T FILM, FACK!NG my little pony is more interesting to watch Expand

1. Reviewed by: Lawrence Toppman
    Mar 3, 2012
    Every time it starts to feel like something we have known, we realize how unlike us these Iranian characters are.
  2. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Mar 2, 2012
    It's the little moments in Farhadi's film that are its most important, speaking every bit as loudly as its big, narrative-driving moments.
  3. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Feb 29, 2012
    It's a mystery wrapped inside an enigmatic nation, flawlessly acted and difficult to predict. I'm always impressed when a movie informs about a foreign culture while it entertains, and this one is powerful art in that regard.