7.7

1. Andrew
    Sep 1, 2006
    This movie was hilarious. I though it would mostly be funny for Lewis Black, but it was funny everywhere else.
  2. May 28, 2013
    Typical brain-dead comedy perfectly suited for anyone currently failing college or regretting the fact that they never attended. Cliche in almost every regard, with a horrible leading actor, and a boring "rebellious young teen vs. old white men" philosophy that seals its place in the worst of the worst.
  3. BrianDoty
    Sep 22, 2006
    Cant give a movie with Lewis Black screaming, "Pimps and w*****!" a bad score.
  4. ChadS.
    Oct 16, 2006
    In this movie universe, community colleges don't exist. An argument can be made that "Accepted" is science fiction, like Phillip Roth's "The Plot Against America"(highbrow sci-fi has the snobby cachet of being labeled "speculative fiction"), this story takes place in an alternate history, in which the republicans seemingly have won the battle to eliminate two-year institutions. In this movie universe, community colleges don't exist. An argument can be made that "Accepted" is science fiction, like Phillip Roth's "The Plot Against America"(highbrow sci-fi has the snobby cachet of being labeled "speculative fiction"), this story takes place in an alternate history, in which the republicans seemingly have won the battle to eliminate two-year institutions. After Bartleby (Justin Long) gets the shaft from seven four-year institutions, and curiously, there is no mention of j.c.'s as a logical alternative to the service industry. "Accepted" isn't clever enough to follow through with its somewhat appealing premise of creating a fake college (too much time is spent on Bartelby's pursuit of Monica), but it does have some clever references to films like "Shattered Glass"(fake journalist) and "This is Spinal Tap"(fake documentary). On second thought, maybe South Harmon Institute of Technology is supposed to be a disparagement against community college itself. Expand
  5. BobH.
    Aug 18, 2006
    good enough to give you some erections and chuckles, but nothing special and just your average stupid comedy.
  6. LindaM.
    Aug 18, 2006
    this movie is nothig but below average comedy. Sure, its a funny idea but the movie is just not very good and will most likely not have a very large audiance.
  7. Gregg
    Aug 22, 2006
    I liked it better when it was "Camp Nowhere".
  8. PeteM.
    Aug 26, 2006
    All comparisons aside, this is a clever film with enough gags and good intentions to successfully sustain your attention for its brief 90 minute runtime. Of all the mainstream studio comedies that I
  9. MiloB.
    Aug 27, 2006
    Hysterical, a fantastic movie!
  10. MichaelB.
    Dec 18, 2006
    I thought this film would be awful, but it really exceeded my expectations. It's not funny in the over-the-top American Pie sort of way we've come to expect from the teen comedy genre, but pretty funny nonetheless. Lewis Black delivers a great performance, but should have had more screen time. Definitely worth a rent.
  11. Ek-o
    Dec 23, 2006
    Its watchable, but not great.
  12. MartinP.
    Aug 17, 2006
    well acted and smart idea with a good poster and trailer. however the plot lacks meaning and is at times quite boring. it is enjoyable and very funny at times.
  13. DavidA.
    Aug 26, 2006
    I ain't laiugh my @$$ off in a movie like this since scary movie 3, that ending was funny as $h!t too. If u tired os stupid movies u gotta see this one, its one of the few good comedies this summer. Peace out!!!
  14. Louis'sbrother
    Apr 16, 2007
    Not the funniest movie I've seen, but hilarious nonetheless. Definently worth buying.
  15. Aug 26, 2011
    While the idea of progressive education is one that I'd like to see more of, it doesn't come from a movie this preposterous and oddly preachy when it gets to be serious.
  16. Sep 7, 2011
    I put this movie in expecting to see an American Pie knock-off that I was going to hate. I was pleasantly surprised to find an amusing comedy with a very good point: our current system of higher entertainment sucks. If you're one of those yuppies who supports college 100% and believe a future without it is impossible, pass this by. If your one of the people who got rejected from college,I put this movie in expecting to see an American Pie knock-off that I was going to hate. I was pleasantly surprised to find an amusing comedy with a very good point: our current system of higher entertainment sucks. If you're one of those yuppies who supports college 100% and believe a future without it is impossible, pass this by. If your one of the people who got rejected from college, or went to college and realized how ridiculous it is, you'll love this movie. Expand
  17. Nov 4, 2012
    Certainly watchable, but the combination of infrequent laughs and a familiar characters and plot make a very forgettable comedy. More annoying than endearing.
  18. Nov 12, 2012
    Lewis Black, the standout here, still manages to suffer from the bland script, which takes the potential 'Accepted,' had, and shoves it down the toilet.
  19. Aug 14, 2013
    This is an underrated movie. Yes the story is thin and completely unrealistic but the characters, specifically Adam Herschman as the crazy teenage chef who experiments with food and Jeremy Howard as the hysterical freak who can blow up with his mind. Accepted has an inspiring court scene, a skatalogical old man, Jonah Hill dressed as a hot dog and a stupid but absolutely hilarious ending.
  20. May 25, 2014
    Accepted was one of the only movies i had to watch for a couple months back in 07 so i have watched it plenty of times and even though the comedy isnt that great i still enjoy this movie a lot even to this day i still laugh and have a good time watching it. I know people dont like Justin Long but i dont think he is all that bad at least thats me. The Concept was nice and it was good thatAccepted was one of the only movies i had to watch for a couple months back in 07 so i have watched it plenty of times and even though the comedy isnt that great i still enjoy this movie a lot even to this day i still laugh and have a good time watching it. I know people dont like Justin Long but i dont think he is all that bad at least thats me. The Concept was nice and it was good that they put a little heart into it maybe if they had put a little more it could have been a good movie rather then a average one. Lewis Black was Lewis Black so he was the best part of the movie every thing he said had me cracking up he is just so hilarious.

Overall i give it 6.5 "Ask Me About My Wiener!!"

1. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    Sweetly amusing, gently anarchic and never mean-spirited.
  2. After a very funny start, there just isn't enough content to fill the feature-length curriculum.
  3. Reviewed by: Scott Foundas
    Accepted is an inspired premise in search of a movie: What starts out as a scabrous takedown of academic bureaucracy ends up yet another modestly rousing underdog story about the little slacker that could.