5.1

1. Sep 19, 2013
    hot, hot, hot. Beautiful place, beautiful people. It was a sit back, relax and enjoy kind of movie. No violence. Sure it's a fantasy, but Isn't it a fantasy we are looking for movies?
  2. Oct 13, 2013
    I have to say that I adored adore. It is a guilty pleasure that I'm sure would have made a good tv mini-series as it doesn't exhaust its own possibilities within the movie. Based on a short story by writer Doris Lessing it is easy to see why cynical highbrow critics would dismiss it as soap, and indeed many have panned it. I am at a loss to know why as it is intelligently adapted andI have to say that I adored adore. It is a guilty pleasure that I'm sure would have made a good tv mini-series as it doesn't exhaust its own possibilities within the movie. Based on a short story by writer Doris Lessing it is easy to see why cynical highbrow critics would dismiss it as soap, and indeed many have panned it. I am at a loss to know why as it is intelligently adapted and written by Christopher Hampton and Anne Fontaine, who is also the film's director. In fact the writing is generally superb presenting some improbable situations in a natural and believable fashion. Some unintentional humour does creep in from time to time, but overall I was compelled to follow the story's arc. The performances are superb with Robin Wright the standout. Looking more and more like Jessica Lange, she is particularly moving. In scene after scene, many of which are filmed in extreme close up, every nuance of emotion is there to behold on her face. She is stunning here and I am tempted to say that it is the best I have ever seen this under rated actress. With its attractive cast and beautiful locations the film also looks great. Expand
  3. Feb 17, 2014
    What woman , who is honest, would not want to be in this situation?? Sexy, passionate and intense. It makes you think about the different personalities of people Of how some are so much more emotionally involved and others are in much more control. The purpose of life is to love and be loved. This movie is indeed a guilty pleasure in more ways than one.

1. Reviewed by: Rene Rodriguez
    Sep 19, 2013
    Only genuinely talented people can make pictures this bad and misguided. “This whole thing is unacceptable,” Lil remarks at one point. That goes for the movie, too.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Russo
    Sep 12, 2013
    Just one more touch of “realism” in a sexual melodrama played so straight that it’s nuts.
  3. Reviewed by: Bilge Ebiri
    Sep 9, 2013
    The unfairness of it all would be worth getting more worked up about if Adore were a better movie. It’s not. But it’s a fascinating one nevertheless — a case study in thwarted cinematic ambition and a cautionary tale of stylistic timidity.