5.3

1. Apr 12, 2014
    yes, I rate this one a 9. My married man, bdsm, a different city, we meet end up dating I beat him, he licks my shoes, we live together, plan wedding , he dies. No more bdsm, just to hard now. Oh and not for money for the love of it, the place it took me. One more reason I liked this movie, the best sex in the doorway I have ever seen. Nice to see a guy going down for a change, it is hinted at but never seen. Well done. Expand
  2. Sep 19, 2012
    This is a low budget film that delivers with unique and artistic qualities that I felt compared to share with my friends, which is my highest compliment that I can give a film. If you like films like "Before Sunrise" and "Before Sunset" and can get past some of the flaws of a low budget film you'll enjoy "After Fall, Winter", if you can find it.
  3. Jun 28, 2012
    This abysmal self-indulgent romance set in Paris focusing on the life of a financially struggling author who falls for a dominatrix is just riddled with cliche, barely containing any original ideas relating to subjects of love and desire. The chemistry between the two lead characters is never sold and Mr. Schaeffer seems to feel that revealing skin is the best way to show depth and honesty. Nope. It is flabbiness for the sake of flab in this case. Ultimately, I don't know who I would recommend this film to because Schaeffer tries to blend this cancer drama romance erotica into something of value, but they mesh uneasily and the scenes involving the girl struck with cancer begin with teenage angst, then make a complete tonal 180 into embracing your circumstances that is cliched and seems out of the blue and some of the scenes are just unattractive and off-putting. We have to care about these characters - who seem to be written with a sense of awkwardness - and we really don't by the time its, what I found to be unintentionally hilarious, ending approaches. Winter seems to take forever to come with this simplistic tale of love in the city of lights. Expand

Overwhelming dislike - based on 7 Critics

1. Reviewed by: V.A. Musetto
    Jan 27, 2012
    After Fall, Winter would play better minus at least half an hour of flab.
  2. Reviewed by: Ronnie Scheib
    Jan 26, 2012
    Uncomfortably confessional or wildly melodramatic plot twists work interestingly in the moment, but wobble in retrospect. Pic's overarching structure is further weakened by Schaeffer's half-hearted attempt to tie together loose ends.
  3. Reviewed by: Neil Genzlinger
    Jan 26, 2012
    The lovebirds' dialogue has the sophistication of a junior high school romance, and Mr. Schaeffer appears to have pasted his story together from the button-pushing plotlines of other films.