8.5

1. Nov 22, 2013
    This movie is both pure entertainment and an enigma that warrants being seen over and over again to start comprehending it's many layers. It's completely unique, thematically and in terms of it's feel in general, with haunting music that nests itself into your mind (can hear it now if I try) and excellent camera work which always compliments the action and mood. My favorite Scorsese movie by far and one of my favorite films in general. The fact that it never gets dull is testament to it greatness. I also like the fact that it's all set in one evening, which really pulls you into the situation with the character and forces you to share his sense of helplessness. If you have seen this you need to, Expand
  2. Feb 18, 2011
    Scorsese does it yet again.delivers another classic that will keep you glued to your chair.brilliant!this is a must see movie.it might as well be the funniest movie ever.
  3. Mar 12, 2011
    Un film vraiment brillant de la part de Scorsese qui montre ainsi qu'il maitrise assez bien l'art du burlesque. Une sorte de Very Bad Trip avant l'heure !
  4. Jul 14, 2012
    Masterpiece of Scorcese: an inteligent comedy filmed through New York. Refinated humor is carachterized when sinalizations indicates "dead people" at apartment of Fiorentino´s...Unforntunatelly, haven´t been the appropriated recognized by the spectators. On of the best comedy´s of all time...

After Hours is a brilliant film that is so original, so particular, that we are uncertain from moment to moment exactly how to respond to it. The style of the film creates, in us, the same feeling that the events in the film create in the hero. Interesting.
  2. After Hours is not, ultimately, a satisfying film, but it's often vigorously unsettling.
  3. Reviewed by: Staff (Not Credited)
    A wickedly funny black comedy that follows the increasingly bizarre series of events that befall hapless word-processer Griffin Dunne after he ventures out of his apartment on the Upper East Side of Manhattan and goes downtown in search of carnal pleasures.