3.5

1. Jul 14, 2013
    Aftershock is the worst movie 2013, and I don't think that any movie could get worst than this movie, this movie should be frightening! But no, it has 40 MINUTES build up, and then some rape, survival horror and disturbing/vulgar elements that are surprisingly stupid and boring, poor intense, story and acting. Can this movie get worse than this?!
  2. Jun 11, 2013
    It is cruel and so dull, also it is not entertaining or good, it is upsetting with a dumb storytelling it just nothing movie, a bad movie, nothing good in this movie except maybe special effects and that's it, it is completely bad, the acting is below average and the story is really dumb, but is it worse than The Devil Inside (the horror movie that I hate)? No
  3. May 12, 2013
    Aftershock is an average movie with Eli Roth. Wow. I expected it to be better. We people weren't looking for a hurricane, gore and stylized Roth powers. We were looking for a scary and gory good time. Well actually, I didn't get anything. The gory dazzle dazzle is just limited and then you get a bunch of of people falling to death. At the end, when Gringo gets out of that building, theAftershock is an average movie with Eli Roth. Wow. I expected it to be better. We people weren't looking for a hurricane, gore and stylized Roth powers. We were looking for a scary and gory good time. Well actually, I didn't get anything. The gory dazzle dazzle is just limited and then you get a bunch of of people falling to death. At the end, when Gringo gets out of that building, the effects are so unrealistic! The event in Chile is real but the Eli Roth and Nicolas Lopez spin off of this disaster is unrealistic! It's like Lopez and Roth were eating cake and Lopez is like- what if we made mega garbage to destroy thingamajigs and include a hell a lot of f**king gore. It didn't look like I was watching Aftershock. I looked like I was watching Finding Nemo. No story, no point and no real environments- that is why aftershock sucks. Selina Gomez sucks at acting. Really, Lopez took beggars to act in his film. Except Roth who is ruined and worst actor of the year for me. Yet. We'll see what s**t comes for us in the coming years. Expand
  4. Mar 18, 2014
    It's fun without being stupid (mostly)
    Don't presents us a deep thought or a huge strain, but does well as a film devoted entirely to entertainment.
    But, "Aftershock" carries its problems, is not entirely exciting, well directed and acted, but without doubt, its biggest problem is that it carries the most obvious end of the story. That leaves us indifferent to the future of the
    It's fun without being stupid (mostly)
    That leaves us indifferent to the future of the characters, since we know what will happen at the end.
  5. Aug 12, 2013
    An awful film with no redeeming qualities. The first thirty five minutes was just a bunch of pointless partying scenes and the rest of the film becomes a cheap slasher type horror film with some really disgusting and unnecessary shots. This stink bomb is one of the worst of the year. F
  6. Jun 22, 2013
    Avoid this movie even if it was for free, just stupid and dumb, all seen before disaster movie with lots of blood and screams, it is awful, dull and just bad, overall very bad, can't be described. Until now, Aftershock is the worst of 2013.
  7. Dec 5, 2014
    NO GOD PLEASE NO . What the **** is that? ridiculous movie, meaningless scenes just some calling for the blood and carnage. horrible story, characters that you want to die in the entire movie. And THAT ****ING END OF **** ****ING **** WHY THAT **** TSUNAMI CAME THAT **** THAT TIME! THIS IS NOT A SURVIVAL MOVIE, THAT IS A DEATH MOVIE !!!
  8. Nov 13, 2014
    "Aftershock" 10 Scale Rating: 2.5 (Awful) ...

The Good: It wasn't a bad idea and there are actually a couple of solid twists in an otherwise straight-forward film. The Bad: Zero characterization despite an actual attempt by the director. I didn't care even a little about any of these people. I'm not sure why Eli Roth puts himself in his films, he is a horrible actor. Could have been
    "Aftershock" 10 Scale Rating: 2.5 (Awful) ...

The Bad: Zero characterization despite an actual attempt by the director. I didn't care even a little about any of these people. I'm not sure why Eli Roth puts himself in his films, he is a horrible actor. Could have been decent, but falls flat and is ultimately a weak attempt at social commentary laced with gore.

1. Reviewed by: Clark Collis
    May 13, 2013
    The first, pre-'quake half hour is such a patience-testing slow burn that director Nicolás López runs the risk of extinguishing the viewer's interest altogether. But when things head (metaphorically) south they do so with an escalating, apocalyptic ferocity which continues until the very last second.
  2. Reviewed by: Drew Taylor
    May 13, 2013
    Thankfully, as the movie goes along, he tempers his bloodlust, instead engaging in sequences that up the suspense and terror while not exclusively luxuriating in the bloodshed.
  3. Reviewed by: Bilge Ebiri
    May 11, 2013
    If all this sounds outrageous, and extreme … don’t worry, it’s not. Provocation coupled with ineptitude doesn’t reveal the ugliness of humanity; it simply reveals the ugliness of the filmmakers themselves.