Air Guitar Nation

1. TimM
    Sep 7, 2007
    This movie was freakin hilarious... and for a brief moment... in one of the competition montages... i felt the essence of humanity and soul raining down on me like pellets of ice from a dark, ominous sky... and for the rest of it, i laughed my face off. Even my girlfriend, who was extremely skeptical when i put this in her player, was cheering by the end. Glorious.
  2. BryanM.
    Mar 28, 2007
    I just saw this movie in NY and was totally blown away by it. It was incredibly funny, and totally engaging. I thought it might just be lame wankers but they were unbelievably hilarious! Check it out!!
  3. AddyT.
    Apr 2, 2007
    This movie is extremely entertaining and by far the most fun I have ever had watching a documentary! Air Guitar rocks!!!! Make Air not War!
  4. MaryA.
    Apr 1, 2007
    This grandma LOVED the film and can't wait to tell her family that Nona rocked out over the music and clever editing of this hilarious documentary with a message... More air guitar less guns!!
  5. RogerT.
    Aug 27, 2007
    This movie was beyond hilarious. I went into it a skeptic, thinking, this must be a a joke...but I totally got sucked in and loved it. The soundtrack rocks and the whole thing is just insanely funny.

1. Reviewed by: Ronnie Scheib
    With equal measures of showmanship, patriotism and irony, hundreds vie at NYC's Pussycat Lounge for the East Coast Division of the first-ever nationwide air guitar championship for the right to eventually represent the U.S. at the world championship.
    My long strums are pretty f---ing tight," gushes one faux-ax-stroker in this slick, hilarious, and at times even suspenseful ode to competitive mock-rock and/or the further decline of Western civ.
    Documentarian Alexandra Lipsitz believes that air-guitar competitions are worth a whole feature-length movie. She's wrong, of course. But the fun lasts longer than you might think.