4.9

1. Jul 14, 2012
    An enjoyable movie with strong performances from Felicity Jones and Sebastian Koch. It has a solid concept/premise and good direction. But I just couldn't get past the awful dialogue written for Jessica Brown Findlay. Almost everything she said was sarcastic or obnoxious, I just didn't feel any compassion for her character. Despite that, Findlay does do a good job at playing Emelia, I justAn enjoyable movie with strong performances from Felicity Jones and Sebastian Koch. It has a solid concept/premise and good direction. But I just couldn't get past the awful dialogue written for Jessica Brown Findlay. Almost everything she said was sarcastic or obnoxious, I just didn't feel any compassion for her character. Despite that, Findlay does do a good job at playing Emelia, I just didn't really like Emelia. In all, it was a good movie, nothing special but not bad at the same time. 7.3/10. Expand
  2. Mar 3, 2012
    What a gripping film by way of storytelling related to complex relationships. Isle of Man - where it is set - looks stunning as it always does cinematically. Sebastian Koch and Felicity JOnes put in convincingly strong performances, but for me it is Jessica Brown Findlay who steals the show. Her acting is powerful - intrinsic fragility played to a subtle perfection, overlayed with her moreWhat a gripping film by way of storytelling related to complex relationships. Isle of Man - where it is set - looks stunning as it always does cinematically. Sebastian Koch and Felicity JOnes put in convincingly strong performances, but for me it is Jessica Brown Findlay who steals the show. Her acting is powerful - intrinsic fragility played to a subtle perfection, overlayed with her more obvious portrayal of a beguiling young women at odds with her past and lack of a future. A true indie gem which must be watched if you enjoy depth of character and plot. Expand
  3. May 18, 2012
    Maybe not the plot of the movie is not a big deal, but was taken in a pleasant and entertaining, with strong dialogues, with no anesthesia, with that dialogue with touches of comedy that took in the right direction the movie, very good performances the entire cast, beautiful photography and the only thing that pleased me was the soundtrack, It wasn't right.
  4. Mar 22, 2012
    Albatross, is a regular movie, have much mistakes, and the trama is like other films, this movie can be better, but is terrible, Albatross is a regular movie.

1. Reviewed by: Adam Markovitz
    Jan 25, 2012
    Trite lessons are learned. Plotlines play out in familiar arcs. A few blips of sex and drug use aim to make the movie feel more grown-up. Instead, they make it off-limits to the only age group likely to find any charm in its smug Britcom cutesiness.
  2. Reviewed by: Ian Buckwalter
    Jan 24, 2012
    It's a shame that the film comes across like an awkward and ingratiating teenager, given that the two performances at its core are so winning.
  3. Reviewed by: Elizabeth Weitzman
    Jan 13, 2012
    Albatross is the kind of movie that looks good, begins with promise, and then nosedives into deep disappointment.