4.8

1. Oct 4, 2011
    I found this movie to have great costume and action. I enjoyed watching the battle scene's the most. Very entertaining. I didn't like Colin Farrell in this movie and Angelina is just a terrible actress but I still liked the movie overall.
  2. Jun 12, 2011
    Wonderful movie that describes perfectly the different faces of Alexander's personality. No important fact is left aside, but still you have the time to think and elaborate your own interpretation about what happens. I think this is the best solution for a hystorical movie, because hystorically speaking there are lots of different traditions and you can't choose one over the other that easily.
  3. Jan 14, 2012
    This is an amazing video. Colin F makes a great job at portraying Alexander. This is how a historical movie should be made. Accuracy neatly balanced with entertainment value.

Also an answer to the reviewer called "Christo": For someone who supposedly studied Alexander for 2 years, you have very little knowledge of Alexander and the times he lived in. This is a laugh: "You must understand
    that during those times, a person who loved men and women was respected greatly because he/she loved each and every single one of God's children.". God's children? Since neither Christianity or Islam had been even founded, I suppose you are either claiming that all Greeks including Alexander were, what...? Jewish? Polytheism ruled back then. There would be no "God's children". You are either very ignorant to the times of Alexander or simply trying to apply your beliefs on a time and place where that belief didn't even exist. Expand
  4. Apr 1, 2014
    One of the greatest movies i have ever seen! I can't udnerstand why some many people disliked this film. It was masterpiece! I think people just don't understand the full meaning of this film. They just care about the action ****

1. Since the movie lacks a vision of what Alexander was really about as a man and a figure in history, it falls back all too frequently on movie spectacle.
    Alexander breaks the key rule that makes movies move: Show, don't tell.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    At best an honorable failure, an intelligent and ambitious picture that crucially lacks dramatic flair and emotional involvement.