Gravitas Ventures | Release Date: March 26, 2008
7.3
Generally favorable reviews based on 18 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Check box if your review contains spoilers 0 characteres (5000 max)
NorbertApr 11, 2008
Moving and natural Sometimes action goes too slow but that is not a disadvantage.
MDayApr 9, 2008
Movie was rubbish. long and arduous, terrible acting and interaction between characters. didnt make much sense. cinematography and score good but timing is way off. avoid at all costs.
SJAug 20, 2008
So so boring. So many static shots of the old woman walking around.
LDeedsMar 28, 2008
Stunning and powerful.
AKirkSep 18, 2008
I went into this film expecting something really wonderful. I must have missed the point somewhere...probably when I fell asleep. This film is very very slow.
DickC.May 2, 2009
Erotic and delicious I had a huge erection throughout.
lindsayD.Mar 28, 2008
Beautiful and intense; a masterpiece.
JohnPMay 9, 2008
Wonderful time seeing this, cannot be missed.
AndrewMay 16, 2009
War is wasteful, somewhat futile and extremely destructive. Occasionally necessary. The Russian Army is financially and philosophically bankrupt. Does anyone not know any of this? If so, watch this film and learn. If not, don't. Yeah, War is wasteful, somewhat futile and extremely destructive. Occasionally necessary. The Russian Army is financially and philosophically bankrupt. Does anyone not know any of this? If so, watch this film and learn. If not, don't. Yeah, yeah, I know... it's a metaphor for the torpor of Russian history and its tortured soul. The lead, cellist Mistislav Rostropovish's wife, is wonderful. And I'm an ardent fan of slowly-paced, earthy portrayals of this sort. Stil, I couldn't stand to watch more than 60 minutes of this 90-minute film. Have seen it all before, umpteen times, though perhaps not staged as if it occurs in Chechnya. Expand
AlanKAug 29, 2009
Slow, captivating and sometimes puzzling. Well worth seeing. Question: How did this movie get past Russian censors? It is anti-war in general but specifically against the war in Chechnya.
TPJun 17, 2008
Slow, subtle, hypnotic and, powerful, a great little film about the futility and foolishness of war.