7.5

1. JessicaB.
    May 27, 2004
    I found this movie fascinating, extremely moving, and honest. I was glad to see how the film focused the humanity of the children. This film portrayed thier deep need and desire for acceptance, hope, love, and the ability to have dreams despite their deplorable and heart breaking circumstances.
  2. MaryG.
    Feb 26, 2007
    I found it to be very touching, and the acting was very good, especially to find that the actors are not formally trained. It hauntes me. Very emotional. Like the Red Balloon you feel sad and good.
  3. PhilL.
    Dec 3, 2006
    This movie takes place on the streets of Casablanca; it is not necessarily ABOUT life on the streets. The emotions are at times surreal and exaggerated, but this is what I enjoyed most about it. It's a movie for the daydreamers.

Ali Zaoua doesn't have the fireworks that made "City of God," the story of Brazilian youth gangs, a crossover hit. But in its own, low-key way, Ali Zaoua is just as stirring.
  2. Through a simple story line, dramatic acting and National Geographic-like shots of the city's rough and pristine edges -- creates cinematic magic.
  3. Reviewed by: Phil Hall
    Beautifully produced but emotionally vacant drama.