5.6

1. Feb 4, 2012
    Tim Burton directs a ton of heart and adventure into this adaptation which makes it great, but he also skillfully directs one of the most important details of the story into the movie the wackiness. He also has impressive performances especially Johnny Depp and newcomer Mia Wasikowska. Some cool action and just amazing visual effects. I give this film 92%.
  2. Sep 15, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really thought I was going to dislike this movie. However, I was surprised by how much I liked it. Johnny Depp was excellent as the Mad Hatter. Although, my only complaint was that Christopher Lee was really underused. I wish I could hear him speak more lines as the Jabberwocky. Expand
  3. Aug 13, 2010
    Going into the film with very little expectations, I was very pleasantly surprised! The acting was really good, especially by the lead actress and Helena Bonham Carter... Anne Hathaway was somewhat annoying, but that's just because of the nature of her character - all bubbly and ... annoying. Ha.

Anyway, visually, though, the film is just breath-taking and it definitely projects the magic that should be present in an adaptation of "Alice in Wonderland." It definitely feels like a magical world and it is a very entertaining film!
    One of Burton's better efforts, for sure!
  4. Oct 27, 2010
    the way Avril Lavigne did the song Alice was the only reason why this movie was such a big hit from Tim Burton. take my advice: go and see it.
  5. Aug 22, 2010
    A fantastic movie for all ages. Full of funs, fantasies, mysteries and all. It has the element to attract people. I'm very proud to Mia Wasikowska, she does a great act for this. The Red Queen is very funny. I don't get the character of the Mad Hatter who is played by Johnny Depp so i will minus the perfect points for this movie.
  6. Oct 30, 2010
    The point of an adaptation is to create your OWN vision, while sticking true to the important elements, of the original story. Tim Burton has done just that, and beautifully. Not my FAVORITE adaptation of "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland", but it's up there, and is certainly a memorable experience. In IMAX 3-D, it truly blows you away (especially the rabbit hole scene; GENIUS!)
  7. Apr 11, 2011
    This movie totally rocked. Johnny Depp, Mia however you spell her last name, Helena Bonham Carter and Anne Hathaway i think did a fantastic job. This was one of my favorites of 2010.
  8. Aug 15, 2011
    Alice in wonderland is good movie. But, action is so-so. It is gorgeous 3D movie!!!
    Tim Burton is nice character. I think that I want to watch again. Anne Jacqueline Hathaway is very cute!!!
  9. May 26, 2012
    This film tends to be underrated by the other critics. It passionately tells Alice's story with wit and a lot of decent story ideas. Visuals and action are good as well.
  10. Feb 6, 2012
    I'm guessing this is one of those "loved by the public, hated by the critics"-type films. I, for one, found it delightful. What else would you expect when you have a wonderfully quirky author adapted by a wonderfully quirky director?
  11. Nov 26, 2012
    Having a 4 year old child, we've been watching a lot of versions of Alice in Wonderland. I was nervous about seeing the Burton version for two reasons: (1) the really negative critic reviews; and (2) it seemed a bit scary for my son. In fact, I felt that this was, by far, the best version of Alice in Wonderland I have ever seen. Unlike the others, the characters had tremendous depth,Having a 4 year old child, we've been watching a lot of versions of Alice in Wonderland. I was nervous about seeing the Burton version for two reasons: (1) the really negative critic reviews; and (2) it seemed a bit scary for my son. In fact, I felt that this was, by far, the best version of Alice in Wonderland I have ever seen. Unlike the others, the characters had tremendous depth, not just random strange entities with no overall connection. And that lead me to the other wonderful thing about the film: IT HAS A PLOT. It's not just a surreal drama, but there is a plot that keeps the viewer engaged throughout, and gives a purpose for each character's actions. I did NOT expect this from Burton. Is it true to the original? Not really, but it's so much better. Much like the play Wicked had certain aspects that were much better than the book. I honestly think that this is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. Expand
  12. Nov 15, 2014
    Well lets face it this film is a creative masterpeice from Walt Disney's original Alice in Wonderland which i got to say that it was a fun movie when growing up , Now it's Tim Burton's version of " Alice in wonderland"
    with a new story , new cast also new characters. in 2010 watching this movie i was amazed by the effects the journey and Helen Bonham Carter's performance as the red queen also of course Anne Hathaway , Mia Wasikowska , and of course as always Johnny Depp when you watch A Tim Burton film you always see Depp ( Charlie in the chocolate factory , Ed Wood , Corpe's Bride , Sleepy Hollow , Todd Sweeney), Also he's the reason why this movie is brilliant his character is insane as the original Mad Hatter Burton's class style is weird and freaky which ends up brilliant and it's something that critics enjoy also fans enjoy. Burton and producer Richard Zanuck vision's of Wonderland and the movie have become epic. Grade A

1. A fantastical romp that proves every bit as transporting as that movie about the blue people of Pandora, his "Alice" is more than just a gorgeous 3D sight to behold.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    For all its clever design, beguiling creatures and witty actors, the picture feels far more conventional than it should; it's a Disney film illustrated by Burton, rather than a Burton film that happens to be released by Disney.
  3. Tim Burton, plus Alice, plus 3D equals an unforgettable, one-of-a-kind movie experience. It will clean up.