5.8

1. JohnF.
    May 27, 2004
    It's a great movie.
  2. Jun 9, 2012
    I dont understand why people are giving this negative reviews. It made have had a cliche storyline but it had more action than Alien 3. I found this movie very entertaining. Ripelys personality isn't much since she's been cloned, and since she was dead already which makes sense. I also like some of the creativity the creativity of Ripelys blood.
  3. Jan 12, 2013
    I liked this fourth installment in the alien franchise. It wasn't scarier than the other alien films, but then again none of them is really scary, they are just great si/fi action films. I don't get why some people don't like this film, yes it is similar to the other alien films, but would you like it if it wasn't?
  4. Jan 12, 2015
    Rewatched it recently on BD. After the sort of ok 3rd movie they went back to action packed 2nd movie as a basis and produced a pretty good action packed sequel. Some good actors, great atmosphere and a nice story.
  5. Jan 10, 2015
    Resurrection the final chapter of Alien somewhat redeems itself, with a solid conclusion to the series. The still many unanswered questions left for self interpretation and story line plot holes however have not improved. Sigourney Weaver easily takes the best performance with her excellent lines and down right perfect acting. Resurrection saves the series from the down hill alien 3 andResurrection the final chapter of Alien somewhat redeems itself, with a solid conclusion to the series. The still many unanswered questions left for self interpretation and story line plot holes however have not improved. Sigourney Weaver easily takes the best performance with her excellent lines and down right perfect acting. Resurrection saves the series from the down hill alien 3 and satisfies fans. Alien is still your go to Si-Fi Blockbuster! Expand
  6. Jan 22, 2014
    I haven't seen it since it came to the theatres, and I remember being mildly disappointed, but still enjoying it. I'd certainly revisit it soon, with my son, since both of us enjoyed Alien and Aliens so much.
  7. JimmiH.
    Mar 25, 2006
    Alien 3 was so bad that they had to resurrect Ripley and the alien to give the series a worthy ending, and this definetely accomplishes that - although it lacks the phenomenal final battle that the first 2 had.
  8. Apr 21, 2011
    After seeing Alien 3, I thought that the Alien franchise was running out of new ideas and Alien Resurrection seems to recycle the same plotline from previous Alien movies but I still enjoyed watching it. The Aliens are back in this movie (don't know why this movie is called Alien Resurrection since there's more than one Alien again. Should be called Aliens Resurrection) and they seem toAfter seeing Alien 3, I thought that the Alien franchise was running out of new ideas and Alien Resurrection seems to recycle the same plotline from previous Alien movies but I still enjoyed watching it. The Aliens are back in this movie (don't know why this movie is called Alien Resurrection since there's more than one Alien again. Should be called Aliens Resurrection) and they seem to have the same motive as before: breed, prey on humans and make everyone's lives a little bit more uncomfortable. Having Aliens in the movie rather than one Alien does make the movie a little bit more exciting but doesn't really produce any scares, due to the fact I've seen these monsters in 3 movies although they still look gruesome. The movie takes place straight after Alien 3 where scientists attempt to clone Ripley and extract the Alien Queen inside her. This movie has got to be the most disturbing in the series and seeing the sleeping naked Ripley clone inside a glass tube was creepy if a little bit sexy. Just looking at the scene where Ripley and the mercenaries discover the failed attempts to clone Ripley in glass chambers and one clone lying on the table, with a deformed body saying "kill me" in a desperate voice. I cringed a little bit but thank god the other not so grotesque main Ripley clone torches the room with a flamethrower. The Alien queen makes a return and just serves the same purpose as in Aliens: She produces eggs which then spit out facehuggers and, you know the story. This movie's plot is a bit predictable: the human gets hugged by a facehugger and then an Alien hatches and kills everyone in sight thing, has been done 3 times. I thought the story was fine and it was enjoyable to see the Aliens again attacking in large numbers and the mercenaries fighting them off rather than another plot like the 1st and the 3rd Alien movies. The movie really gets going straight away, as soon as the Alien queen was extracted from Ripley; you don't really have to wait long until the whole terror of the Alien swarm start to engulf the screen and start attacking our heroes. The effects in the underwater scene where the Alien swims underwater and tries to catch up with his prey were quite good. Where Alien Resurrection is set is natural for an Alien film but it's a bit repetitive. It even recycles a bit of the plotline from the first movie where Call (another android like Bishop from Aliens and Alien 3) sets the spaceship on a collision course to Earth, much like the spaceship in Alien that was set to blow up to stop the Alien from escaping. I thought the acting was good - I enjoyed seeing Ron Perlman playing a bad tempered mercenary, having seen him first in Hellboy. Ripley played once again by Sigourney Weaver was a little bit less of a heroine in this one than in Aliens since she has a link with the Aliens. She now has enhanced strength, acidic blood and can smell an Alien from a mile away and can even tell if a human has an Alien inside him or her. She seems to accept that she now has a link with the Aliens produced and theoretically, she is their mother because she gave birth to their queen: She even says to an Alien host, Pervis, "I'm the monsters mother" while slightly grinning. This movie does inject some originality into its Alien character design with the introduction of the Alien/Human hybrid which is what you get if you give an Alien queen a female humans womb, then let it give birth. This Alien/Human hybrid looks like a white ape and doesn't kill anyone except for its mother, due to the fact that Ripley is the "proper" mother of the Aliens. This movie just like the previous movies is gory; the scene where the Alien/Hybrid gets sucked out of the ship through a tiny hole in the ship is especially gory. He has very little screen time so I didn't really see why they put him in it. This is not a suspenseful, horror movie like Alien and Alien 3. I have to compare this movie to Aliens due to the fact that there is more than one Alien again unlike Alien and Alien 3 but there is nowhere near as much action in this movie than there was in Aliens but at least there is some action with the mercenaries and the Aliens. I still prefer Aliens because it had a better plot but I really have to confess this: I think this is the 2nd best movie in the franchise, beating Alien by a fraction. I just thought it was a little bit more exciting and a lot more was happening to keep me entertained rather than just waiting for something to happen in Alien but do not think for one second that I don't like Alien because I do. Alien Resurrection's ending wasn't that good: Ripley has a standoff with the Alien/Human hybrid and then the Alien/Human hybrid gets sucked out of the spaceship through a tiny hole and then Ripley and Call land on Earth. The ending isn't as good as the previous Alien movies. Alien Resurrection was a satisfying movie to watch and tied up the Alien storyline nicely. Expand
  9. Jul 22, 2011
    was this sequel was unnecessary? yes. unenjoyable? no. if your like me you thought Alien 3 had the perfect ending to the series, and left little room to debate that it's at least Ripley's last chapter in the story, but they found away to not just continue the series, but bring Ripley back into the action, it's just a shame that it's not the same Ripley we all remember, the Alien serieswas this sequel was unnecessary? yes. unenjoyable? no. if your like me you thought Alien 3 had the perfect ending to the series, and left little room to debate that it's at least Ripley's last chapter in the story, but they found away to not just continue the series, but bring Ripley back into the action, it's just a shame that it's not the same Ripley we all remember, the Alien series was never scary but always had a creepy atmosphere this movie completely ditches that atmosphere for a more action movie feel, I was surprised at how much I actually like this movie however, it's still satisfying to see a Xenomorph impale a person, and it really shows how smar the Xenomorphs actually are, if you can forgive the new Ripley's personality, and one or two lame characters (Call is the worst character in any Alien movie to date), and some plot holes, you still have a pretty good movie, but it's by far the weakest entry in the series. Expand
  10. Oct 7, 2011
    It's easy to understand why so numerous fans are hangry to Jean-Pierre Jeunet. Make a bad Alien movie is sad, but making an Alien comedy-movie is blasphemy. But when you accept the fact it's a kind of comedy (not only, of course), you must admit Jeunet is pretty good in what he does. Good ideas, interresting way to film. The fascinating character of Ellen Ripley continues her captivatingIt's easy to understand why so numerous fans are hangry to Jean-Pierre Jeunet. Make a bad Alien movie is sad, but making an Alien comedy-movie is blasphemy. But when you accept the fact it's a kind of comedy (not only, of course), you must admit Jeunet is pretty good in what he does. Good ideas, interresting way to film. The fascinating character of Ellen Ripley continues her captivating psychologic development, and Sigourney Weaver still one of the most finest actress in the world. Expand
  11. Sep 29, 2013
    It wasn't as bad as I remembered when I first watched this, but it is still better than having a poorly computer generated dog alien like in Alien 3 (Which sucked balls). Score: 3/5.

Weaver essays the new hotmama Ripley with wry, good humor -- you can tell she's having a ball playing this unstoppable die-cast she-wolf.
    Whedon and director Jean-Pierre Jeunet ("Delicatessen") bend over so far backward to make Weaver's and Ryder's roles beefy that they end up mocking the characters' bravura.
    It's a nine days' wonder, a geek show designed to win a weekend or two at the box office and then fade from memory.