Aliens

9.0

1. May 25, 2012
    This movie is a great movie, let me just start by saying that. The thing is though that if you watch this movie right after watching the first one it's just hilariously not as good. It makes me sad that it got a better review on here than the first one. The attention to detail, the pacing, even the dialogue is just simply not as magnificently put together as the original. It is a fun watchThis movie is a great movie, let me just start by saying that. The thing is though that if you watch this movie right after watching the first one it's just hilariously not as good. It makes me sad that it got a better review on here than the first one. The attention to detail, the pacing, even the dialogue is just simply not as magnificently put together as the original. It is a fun watch though and should be considered a classic. Just simply not better than the first one. Expand
  2. Oct 3, 2010
    As an action film there are few better than Aliens, but a a sequel to Alien it hugely disappoints. There are few actual scares, of course there are thrilling action sequences, but nothing like the original nerve shredding moments in Alien. It also destroys the representation of the Alien itself. We barely see it in Alien and when we do we are terrified for the characters and the threat ofAs an action film there are few better than Aliens, but a a sequel to Alien it hugely disappoints. There are few actual scares, of course there are thrilling action sequences, but nothing like the original nerve shredding moments in Alien. It also destroys the representation of the Alien itself. We barely see it in Alien and when we do we are terrified for the characters and the threat of the Alien coming back to Earth is actually scary. In Aliens the creatures are mere cannon fodder, only in large numbers can the be intimidating. As action movie Aliens reigns supreme but as a sci fi or horror its older brother Alien is the one to watch. Expand

I'm giving the movie a high rating for its skill and professionalism and because it does the job it says it will do. I am also advising you not to eat before you go to see it.
    Director James Cameron dumps the decorative effects of Ridley Scott's 1979 Alien in favor of some daring narrative strategies and a tight thematic focus.
    Tautly paced and expertly directed, this roller coaster ride of a motion picture offers a little bit of everything, all wrapped up in a tidy science fiction/action package.