Almost Famous

6.8

1. Feb 26, 2013
    While it does contain some great moments, there aren't enough to make the three hours this film takes to finish seem less like three hours. Overrated.
  2. MartinM.
    Apr 21, 2001
    Snore... this movie is really overrated. It's always interesting to see all the professional critics jump on the bandwagon & make so much noise about a movie that is at best average. This sort of reminds of the thing they all did with "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Drag-queen".
  3. WaldoJ.
    Dec 8, 2009
    One of the most disappointing films I have ever seen in my life. I love movies, I love classic rock, I, like the protagonist, discovered rock at a young age. However, the film is one word: BLAND. And bland is most certainly not a word you would associate with coming of age and the power of rock and roll. It's based on Crowe's own experiences, but it makes you wonder: Did he One of the most disappointing films I have ever seen in my life. I love movies, I love classic rock, I, like the protagonist, discovered rock at a young age. However, the film is one word: BLAND. And bland is most certainly not a word you would associate with coming of age and the power of rock and roll. It's based on Crowe's own experiences, but it makes you wonder: Did he water it down or was it all really this uneventful? The performances by Patrick Fugit, Billy Crudup, and Jason Lee are very solid, while the usually great Frances McDormand was handed an underwritten character. Kate Hudson, meanwhile, plays "band aid" Penny Lane in a lifeless, generic fashion that makes it unlikely anyone would fall for her, and that she would have an interest in anything, let alone rock and roll. The film lopes along and never gains momentum, and leaves you with a flat feeling. If you want the real spirit of rock music, watch A Hard Day's Night, School of Rock, American Graffiti, and Dazed and Confused, and forget Almost Famous. Expand
  4. MaryZ.
    Feb 9, 2001
    I grew up in the 70's--this flick was ho-hum.
  5. Marija
    Nov 9, 2004
    I didn't sew anything that much brilliant in this film to recived great score they has, and still trying to figure out how movie they was moved from theater in my city after two days get this high on list. The story line and caracters are very plain, there wasn't any spectacular moment to remember forever and talk about it over and over (that is must for good film). Films like I didn't sew anything that much brilliant in this film to recived great score they has, and still trying to figure out how movie they was moved from theater in my city after two days get this high on list. The story line and caracters are very plain, there wasn't any spectacular moment to remember forever and talk about it over and over (that is must for good film). Films like this one pushed out to audience think "that's right thing" evryday push down some grates moves worth pf attention they will never get. Expand
  6. MihaG.
    Sep 12, 2004
    Overrated. No energy in this movie.
  7. tim
    Sep 24, 2007
    Seems like a cheap knockoff of Rodney Bingenheimer's life. That's funny because Mr. Crow used to visit Rodney's club every chance he got. I just saying.

1. Mr. Showbiz
    Reviewed by: Cody Clark
    Crowe's script is a thing of wonder, and he again proves himself to be an outstanding director of actors.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Keogh
    A wondrous honesty.
  3. Philadelphia Inquirer
    Reviewed by: Carrie Rickey
    Crowe is so good on mood and milieu that when Elton John's bubblegum ballad "Tiny Dancer" swells on the soundtrack, in this context it sounds like a hymn.