7.6

1. Apr 18, 2015
    Very rarely do I ever finish a movie and want to watch it again immediately. Almost Famous is one of those films. Everything about this movie is perfect. Cameron Crowe really captured something that he was passionate about. Almost Famous is essentially Crowe's life as a teenager while he was writing for Rolling Stone, he lived this movie. I love Billy Crudup as Russell Hammond, who is oneVery rarely do I ever finish a movie and want to watch it again immediately. Almost Famous is one of those films. Everything about this movie is perfect. Cameron Crowe really captured something that he was passionate about. Almost Famous is essentially Crowe's life as a teenager while he was writing for Rolling Stone, he lived this movie. I love Billy Crudup as Russell Hammond, who is one of the coolest characters ever portrayed on screen if you ask me. Jason Lee was also great as the lead singer, I really love everything Lee does and I will he'd get some more recognition for how great he is, but Kate Hudson is who really steals the show. Hudson has the performance of a lifetime in this movie as Penny Lane and you are drawn to her whenever she is on the screen. Almost Famous captures a point in time that will never grow old, this film will always be amazing and I recommend it to anyone, old or young. Almost Famous belongs in my stack of perfect films. Expand
  2. Dec 11, 2014
    A movie you should go out of your way to get to watch, not on cable, but the full version. It's simply astonishing and amazing. You feel like you are there with a boy more or less coming of age and learning how hard the real world is. Two thumbs up.
  3. Aug 27, 2014
    Drawn from experiences early in his career, Cameron Crowe offers a delightful look at music, love and the 1970s. Almost Famous will have you grinning from ear to ear and humming along the way. It's magic!
  4. Jun 5, 2014
    Cameron Crowe gives us tremendous entertainment about his own experiences when he was a Rolling Stone writer during his teenage days. This 122 minute movie is very smart and gives us great performances from Kate Hudson, Patrick Fugit, Billy Crudup and the great talented supporting cast
  5. Apr 14, 2013
    A great movie on a subject that doesn't personally engage me all that much, but did so in this film. the movies tone is a bit strange, going from comedy to series drama, but that is part of what makes it so good. Not quite special enough for a 10, but a great movie none the less
  6. Nov 8, 2012
    A lovely film, Almost Famous is incredibly enjoyable and surprisingly heartwarming.
  7. Jul 21, 2012
    Pure genious!There is not one flaw in this film and as a movie it is perfect and honestly ahead of it's time.If you have been there done that,then it's pure mind blowing.I'm not over hyping this movie,I'm just speaking the truth.I've seen this movie easily 75 + times and every time I watch it,I feel good all over again and that's the mark of a true gem of a movie.
  8. Feb 20, 2012
    best 60's movie !!! Kate Hudson gave us her best performance of her all career in Almost Famous. The music is fantastic. Make you want to back in time and live when the Rock and roll was pure and enthralling.
  9. Jan 26, 2012
    Cameron Crowe, who was a teenage rock critic, drew upon his personal experiences to write and direct this film. It follows a teenage music critic as he joins a fictitious band, Stillwater, on their cross-country tour. It is funny, heartbreaking, historical, musically stimulating, and incredibly satisfying. A great film for anyone who is seeking to get lost in the decade of the seventies.Cameron Crowe, who was a teenage rock critic, drew upon his personal experiences to write and direct this film. It follows a teenage music critic as he joins a fictitious band, Stillwater, on their cross-country tour. It is funny, heartbreaking, historical, musically stimulating, and incredibly satisfying. A great film for anyone who is seeking to get lost in the decade of the seventies. This film is brimming over with nostalgia-inducing imagery and music. Expand
  10. Dec 9, 2011
    With its superb cast, powerful script and delightful soundtrack, "Almost Famous" certainly found the right tone to make me experience the sensations of both real music and true cinema.
  11. Oct 16, 2011
    Almost famous isn't just another film about music, it could quite easily be considered one of the finest films about music ever made. It has so much to say about the music industry, being in a band, fandom, and the cynicism of journalism. It's also full of great actors playing characters that you actually care about, that you can truly invest in. As the most entertaining films alwaysAlmost famous isn't just another film about music, it could quite easily be considered one of the finest films about music ever made. It has so much to say about the music industry, being in a band, fandom, and the cynicism of journalism. It's also full of great actors playing characters that you actually care about, that you can truly invest in. As the most entertaining films always manage to do, it finds the perfect balance between comedy and tragedy. It's also got a killer soundtrack and some great 70s period details. It's fun in every sense of the word, and a thoroughly rewarding viewing experience. Expand
  12. Aug 27, 2011
    What Almost Famous has on its side is something that is seldom seen in Hollywood pictures. It is sincerity. There is something so endearing about every character and every scene in Almost Famous, and the genuine that Crowe has and gives to characters reflects onto the audience.
  13. Dec 3, 2010
    I love the story, the acting and the music. These elements create a lot of raw emotion. Great blend of comedy and drama. This is a masterpiece that should stand the test of time.

1. Reviewed by: Cody Clark
    Crowe's script is a thing of wonder, and he again proves himself to be an outstanding director of actors.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Keogh
    A wondrous honesty.
  3. Crowe is so good on mood and milieu that when Elton John's bubblegum ballad "Tiny Dancer" swells on the soundtrack, in this context it sounds like a hymn.