Sony Pictures Home Entertainment | Release Date: September 13, 2000
6.8
Generally favorable reviews based on 366 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Check box if your review contains spoilers 0 characteres (5000 max)
JBarrApr 8, 2005
Boring as hell.
KingI.Sep 14, 2005
I don't care what anyone says about this critics' darling. This movie sucks big time. It's boring, I hate Kate Hudson, every character is either whiny or a wanker, and it just generally irritates me.
1 of 9 users found this helpful
ChrisC.Aug 14, 2001
Am I missing something? Evidently so, because everyone seems to love this flick. I didn't. I thought it was clumsy and annoying. Although there were three stellar performances: Frances McDormand, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, and Kate Hudson.
ChrisC.Aug 14, 2001
0 of 1 users found this helpful
IsabelC.Jul 8, 2002
HUGE disappointment! Where did they get these actors?? Really scraped the bottom of the barrel here. Even Frances MacDormand's talent is wasted in this film. Just a really dreadful movie.
MaurícioG.Apr 30, 2003
Are you f****** kidding me? This movie is for all the retards that allways wanted to have a band and live amidst drugs, rock, and women. It shows just how stupid the whole thing is. It's the perfect example of living a wasted life.
BobA.Nov 7, 2003
This movie is about Rock and Roll? Puh-huh-huh-leeeaassee! This is about as rock-n-roll as Leave it to Beaver. Cameron Crowe is by far one of the most overrated whatever-he-is-es ever. Maybe one or two good moments.
AlDAug 14, 2003
This film has no rock 'n roll spirit at all. It was obviously made by someone whose experience of rock is limited to watching Elton John from a corporate box. A comparison between this dross and Michael Winterburn's "24 hour party This film has no rock 'n roll spirit at all. It was obviously made by someone whose experience of rock is limited to watching Elton John from a corporate box. A comparison between this dross and Michael Winterburn's "24 hour party people" shows just how little Americans, with their packaged view of the world, understand about the subversive power of popular culture. I agree with Isabel C below "Just a truly dreadful movie" Expand