6.8

1. KingI.
    Sep 14, 2005
    I don't care what anyone says about this critics' darling. This movie sucks big time. It's boring, I hate Kate Hudson, every character is either whiny or a wanker, and it just generally irritates me.
  2. ChrisC.
    Aug 14, 2001
    Am I missing something? Evidently so, because everyone seems to love this flick. I didn't. I thought it was clumsy and annoying. Although there were three stellar performances: Frances McDormand, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, and Kate Hudson.
  3. ChrisC.
    Aug 14, 2001
  4. IsabelC.
    Jul 8, 2002
    HUGE disappointment! Where did they get these actors?? Really scraped the bottom of the barrel here. Even Frances MacDormand's talent is wasted in this film. Just a really dreadful movie.
  5. BobA.
    Nov 7, 2003
    This movie is about Rock and Roll? Puh-huh-huh-leeeaassee! This is about as rock-n-roll as Leave it to Beaver. Cameron Crowe is by far one of the most overrated whatever-he-is-es ever. Maybe one or two good moments.
  6. AlD
    Aug 14, 2003
    This film has no rock 'n roll spirit at all. It was obviously made by someone whose experience of rock is limited to watching Elton John from a corporate box. A comparison between this dross and Michael Winterburn's "24 hour party people" shows just how little Americans, with their packaged view of the world, understand about the subversive power of popular culture. I agree with This film has no rock 'n roll spirit at all. It was obviously made by someone whose experience of rock is limited to watching Elton John from a corporate box. A comparison between this dross and Michael Winterburn's "24 hour party people" shows just how little Americans, with their packaged view of the world, understand about the subversive power of popular culture. I agree with Isabel C below "Just a truly dreadful movie" Collapse
  7. JBarr
    Apr 8, 2005
    Boring as hell.
  8. MaurícioG.
    Apr 30, 2003
    Are you f****** kidding me? This movie is for all the retards that allways wanted to have a band and live amidst drugs, rock, and women. It shows just how stupid the whole thing is. It's the perfect example of living a wasted life.

1. Reviewed by: Cody Clark
    Crowe's script is a thing of wonder, and he again proves himself to be an outstanding director of actors.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Keogh
    A wondrous honesty.
  3. Crowe is so good on mood and milieu that when Elton John's bubblegum ballad "Tiny Dancer" swells on the soundtrack, in this context it sounds like a hymn.