6.1

1. May 4, 2015
    n save for a few solid laughs. I laughed, a LOT - far more than I expected to. With all of the cookie cutter schlock that has "something for everyone" box office appeal these days, my standards have become ridiculously low for comedies. This raised them right back up there, kinda like the original Hangover did. Cameron Diaz's Teacher is as fun as Billy Bob's Santa was. Hollywood should embrace the
  2. Oct 28, 2010
    I'm absolutely against violence, but the rage of Ben Fosters character spoke to me. I found a sincerity in the acting that I wont forget. This is one of my favorite movies; primarily due to the base emotions it elicited in me. It's not for everyone, but if you feel this movie is for you I highly recommend it.

1. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    Writer-director Nick Cassavetes' sprawling dramatization recklessly blurs the line between reconstruction and reality in ways that are admittedly interesting, if more than a little artistically suspect.
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Wilonsky
    If nothing else, Alpha Dog's worth a look for the performance of Justin Timberlake, the moral center of a movie sorely in need of some conscience. Already a gifted comic actor--his Saturday Night Live appearances are now anticipated events--he proves himself able to go to a pitch-black place.
    Timberlake walks off with the movie. Too bad it's not worth stealing.