Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: December 16, 2011
3.7
Generally unfavorable reviews based on 115 Ratings
WATCH NOW
EpicLadySpongeDec 29, 2015
Once again, get your equipment ready as the chipmunks (along with the chipettes) return again for their third installment filled with annoying singing chipmunks taking over the movie wherever you go!
eagleeyevikingDec 17, 2013
With terrible songs, an extremely derivative and overused plot & setting (stranded on a beach) and poor dialogue, Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked might entertain younger audiences but no one older.
RikiegeFeb 7, 2013
I rate this movie with a 3 for their excellent music, because if not for the music would have rated it a 1.
FuturedirectorMar 22, 2016
Alvin and the chipmunks 3 doesn't anything special to the audience, showing just great music and enjoyable story-telling,, only for children viewers. The results are very low and this is the worst of the thrillogy, almost the same as the second one.
vikesh2206Nov 10, 2014
gameguardian21Mar 20, 2016
It just remains the same as the other two movies before it. With more singing at a high pitched voice, and movie stuff for the kids. If you want the same movie again, here you go.
jeff_reviewsJul 23, 2013
These singing, old, used chimpunks are at it again, but in a tropical location. The film is utterly predictable and has the same shipwrecked-like film ever produced. It has some moments of quirkiness but overall the film suffers entirely fromThese singing, old, used chimpunks are at it again, but in a tropical location. The film is utterly predictable and has the same shipwrecked-like film ever produced. It has some moments of quirkiness but overall the film suffers entirely from its childish humor, weak script, and boring characters. For kids, it may be an average film to enjoy, but to adults, it will be the one film you'd probably fall asleep in. Expand
JmsbppJul 18, 2013
Las cosas se fueron a lo ridiculo dejando a alvin a las ardillas en la ridicules y desastre total cada vez se quiebra mas esta pobre pelicula de donde se saco tanto lo bueno de la trilogia como lo malo
aaronpaul121Jan 16, 2012
Out of all the "Alvin and the Chipmunks" movies, this is probably and obviously the worst. The whole film is forgettable, dull and boring. The scenes are also predictable in my opinion. It did not meet up with my expectations. This is just aOut of all the "Alvin and the Chipmunks" movies, this is probably and obviously the worst. The whole film is forgettable, dull and boring. The scenes are also predictable in my opinion. It did not meet up with my expectations. This is just a total mess! Expand
superbatAug 5, 2016
The songs are bad, the plot is bad, the characters are bad, annoying singing. This movie was so unbearable I walked out 2/3 in. The whole thing is just ridiculous
RogerSmith97Jan 2, 2012
The 1st One Was S H.I.T.T. Y And So It This One..
Flush Alvin & The Chipmunks Down The Freakin Toilet Please! :)
a7xfanMar 7, 2012
This movie is in short: terrible. The humor is so childish that not even a 9 year-old would laugh at it and plus they have already made two bad enough movies before this why can't they just quit while they are ahead. The singing is lame, theThis movie is in short: terrible. The humor is so childish that not even a 9 year-old would laugh at it and plus they have already made two bad enough movies before this why can't they just quit while they are ahead. The singing is lame, the movie is super short, and there is no humor whatsoever. If you are two years old this movie might be up your alley. Save your $15 and don't watch it. Expand
ZalJan 11, 2012
There is no creativity in this movie whatsoever. The acting was bad, the pop culture references were cheap, and the writing was horrible. I knew I wasn't going to like this when I went to see it but I hoped that it would at least be cute. ButThere is no creativity in this movie whatsoever. The acting was bad, the pop culture references were cheap, and the writing was horrible. I knew I wasn't going to like this when I went to see it but I hoped that it would at least be cute. But no. They had to try really hard to make this bad. And they have succeeded. Bravo. Expand
LansdenrsJul 5, 2013
Stupid unrealistic pile of dirt. Jason Lee clearly wants money cause i personally would never sign up to put on a show like this. Very dumb. My ears started hurting by the end of it.
oscarrDec 23, 2011
The only reason I gave this a 1 and not a 0 is because it would be a fun movie for toddlers. But to us who understand what "real" movies are, this movie is just an annoying and noisy piece of junk.
paulgreenFeb 23, 2012
One of the worst film !
heloheJan 9, 2012
After watching even 10 minutes of this, I was certain that the chances of developing eye-cancer increased by a manifold not to mention total stupidity. Do yourself a favour, don't watch this junk.
TheLonelyCriticJun 27, 2016
Painful comedy, annoying character stereotyping, intolerable songs and morals that feel like they're being shoved down your throat, Chipwrecked is unwatchable. I'm sure there's a more elaborate way of saying it, but I refuse to put in morePainful comedy, annoying character stereotyping, intolerable songs and morals that feel like they're being shoved down your throat, Chipwrecked is unwatchable. I'm sure there's a more elaborate way of saying it, but I refuse to put in more effort than the writers did. Expand
EPIXMAN15Dec 25, 2011
This movie was awful, the annoying sound of those chipmunks singing and speaking is enough for you to just walk out out, the movie is long, boring, and extremley childish. Not even kids will find this amusing my little cousins hated it. ThisThis movie was awful, the annoying sound of those chipmunks singing and speaking is enough for you to just walk out out, the movie is long, boring, and extremley childish. Not even kids will find this amusing my little cousins hated it. This movie is no good as its characters are at singing and they suck at singing! Expand
Nero97Jan 9, 2012
Ugh. what a piece of s***. I went to the cinema with my little brother, and i almost killed myself. It's not funny, i can't imagine why children think this is funny, it's an abomination in cinema history, in humanity history, it's a damn bad movie!
OscarOrNotDec 26, 2011
A 5 maybe, for little kids, but a -10 for anyone who knows true film. Oscar or Not? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
otakudbzDec 24, 2014
Well, I liked Alvin and the Chipmunks 1 and 2 a LOT. I've watched the cartoon when I was a kid and I loved it, and I thought that the first 2 movies didn't disappointed. But,I have to admit that Chipwrecked was the worst one and I hate it.
I
I remember that I was in a theater with A LOT of people expecting the movie to be great,but what we've got was a total disappointment.A LOT OF PEOPLE stopped watching the movie and thought it was really bad.
The storyline was boring,the movie was forgettable,it didn't looked like an Alvin and the Chipmunks movie,and etc.
SquarerayzJun 6, 2016
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This evening I rented this film and it was just Horrendous!,
I sold my two copies of the first two during a garage sale,
Right now I had to suffer through it cause I knew it was just a waste of filler,
The message and the jokes are preachy, Simon's just a ripoff of Buck from Ice Age 3,
And there's no heart or emotion at all, due to the flaws of the film,
It's not the worst film I seen, but it's the worst out of the entire franchise!
Terrible
monkeyshiner444Jun 30, 2012
This bye far is the WORST Alvin and the chipmunks and the worst movie i have ever seen in my entire life. If you have a 6 year old and lower child they would like this movie..... maybe.
Tav2244Dec 17, 2012
This 'film' is absolutely terrible. All I really need to say.
NiniJun 21, 2012
Terrible worst movie of 2011 and one of the worst movies in history just stupid horrible nothing special worst sequel and worst chipmunk movie very bad movie don't watch it
chipinohJan 16, 2012
At some point in my life, I'm sure I've seen a movie just as bad as "Alvin & the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked," but for the life of me, I can't think of one. Oh, wait! "The Iron Lady."

My 10-year old gave it a 3. I say zero, so we compromised.
Wombat_NinjaDec 28, 2011
Yet another waste of time that is Alvin and the Chipmunks. The annoying squeal of these pests make the actors seem fools. It seems the songs are just re-pitched in Audacity or another free program. How people find it even the slightest amountYet another waste of time that is Alvin and the Chipmunks. The annoying squeal of these pests make the actors seem fools. It seems the songs are just re-pitched in Audacity or another free program. How people find it even the slightest amount amusing baffles me. It gives me a headache. Here's a tip to the actors/directors and others: give up on the stupid game while you're still ahead with your cash. Expand
Hasan64Jan 17, 2012
Hmmmmm what can i possibly say... this movie is not good BUT i actually survived watching it so i didn't hesitate.

It definitely wont keep any memories and isn't a recommended movie.
JasonDaCriticSep 26, 2013
This is just some 10 year old made movie who was high on cocaine! The chipmunks were crazy as hell! I wish this movie never existed. EVER. Also overall I think the 10 year old who made this should go back to school!