3.4

1. Dec 31, 2012
    I do not see any ratings by the target audience.
    I cannot pry my 7 yr old away from the DVD. She simply loves the movie and is hoping for a 4th!!!
  2. Aug 28, 2012
    best film of 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Apr 9, 2012
    I dont understand what is with all these bad reviews. I mean the chipmunks are like ten THEY ARE GOING TO BE CHILDISH ! Sure I will admit it is not the best alvin and the chipmunks movie but who cares? I just want to watch a film that will at least make me smile afterwards and this does that and more !
  4. Dec 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i think this film is very interesting,,alot of singing and entertaiment,,its suitable for every age group.. i really enjoy this movie very much cause its kinda comedy too. Expand
  5. Dec 28, 2011
    These films are my guilty pleasure. Sure, they're ridiculous, overblown and immature, but that's where their appeal lies. Still, I think they should stop making these films now. The first film was already the best movie that could be made with these characters, so the series can only get worse.

Honestly, the movie was only made to appeal to the younger folks, and it fulfills that purpose
    just fine. Expand
  6. Dec 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This disgraceful impudence of these furry rodents must come to a full hearted end! Any nostalgia factor towards the titular, Alvin and his cohorts has already been exposed of, and the fallout of this most gruesome of alterations is appalling to the point I dare not even gaze towards it much longer! Every nickel spent towards this waste of human thought and money brings me closer to not just a brutal display of projectile vomit, but closer to my head implanted on the pavement 3 feet deep in. Within this movie, once lovable shenanigans of our nostalgic protagonist, the ruffian but loveable Alvin, reaches a factor in which it is annoying. Due to his tomfoolery, his need to go about and shove his tuffs of fur in and about everyone's business has reached the point it insults everyone's intelligence. Their cruise, that brings us eventually to our punful shipwrecking, is annoying to the point their capers fail to bring a smile to my once gleeful face. This movie's humor consists of not just hurtful, if not racist humor situations, in which everyone acts as expected according to skin color, or, for lack of better term, fatness. Case and point, the over weight boy surrendering his kite for a plate of donuts, Alvin taking on the mannerisms expecting of a rapper type persona, and the actions of the females around the dance scene within the midst of the middle act. What kind of child friendly movie allows for such harmful ideas to be laughed along with. This is only comparable to North Korea's actions of including hurtful and spiteful lyrics within children's nurseries. This is what we're getting at America, North Korea. And Communism. As the movie goes on, we eventually leave hurtful towards out race and outward appearance, and just enter hurtful to out minds and self respect. As the film reaches it's second half, the cast of this long-derailed train finally, and I put emphasis on FINALLY, reach the promised island. The first thing we're greeted to after out journey about stereotypes, hurtful comedy, and just foolish antics that look down upon our children like a principal to a common hoodlum? Simple, a parody of LOST. Among other things, the second act of this movie proves to be almost as spiteful as the very introduction to our cast and crew. The movie continues on it's merry way of talking down to your children and you, by treating us like we're the fools, who'll laugh at any pop cultural thing brought up! My words have been hateful so far, and let me assure you, it shall continue down this slope to insanity! It shall! I shall rain down with my rage and hatred! HOW DARE CGI CHIMPMUNKS, TAKE A SMALL CHUNK OF MY WALLET, AND SWALLOW IT DOWN THEIR ANIMATED GULLETS! HOW DARE THEY DIGEST MY CURRENCY, RENDER MY VIEWING EXPERIENCE RUINED FOREVER! GUAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! *thanks for reading :3 Expand
  7. Dec 17, 2011
    My husband & I saw the Chipwrecked movie this AM. We really enjoyed the movie! It was cute. I think it deserves a great rating. It is sweet, cute, and a fine plot. We need family friendly, feel good movies today. It starts well and ends well. If you like the chipmunks, you will like this movie as well.

1. Reviewed by: David Fear
    Dec 19, 2011
    As for parents: Are you cool with feeling like you're having artificial sweetener sandblasted into your eyeballs for 87 minutes?
  2. Reviewed by: Mary Pols
    Dec 19, 2011
    To get serious about Alvin for a moment, there are worse things for your kid to be into.
  3. Reviewed by: Lou Lumenick
    Dec 16, 2011
    It really couldn't have been easy for Jason Lee ("Almost Famous") to keep a straight face while saying, "I'm not in this for the money.''