4.3

1. Sep 28, 2011
    "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel" is a movie so preposterously obvious you won't remember a thing except for the annoying high-pitched voices of the chipmunks after 2 hours.
  2. Jan 1, 2011
    Well one thing for sure is that its worse than the first movie.
  3. Nov 4, 2011
    So Much More Than The 1st One! It Lacks Creativity But Earns In Back In This Movie! :D
    Honestly This Isent A Really Good Or Really Bad Movie... Good... Average...
  4. Nov 15, 2011
    Filled with a few laughs here and there. They some what "kill off" Jason Lee's character due to him making very little appearance in the film. He recovers in the hospital while the Chipmunks are to stay with their aunt and attend school. This seems more like an excuse to send the Chipmunks back home and introduce a new character. Toby who takes the place of Dave ( Jason Lee) as he "tries"Filled with a few laughs here and there. They some what "kill off" Jason Lee's character due to him making very little appearance in the film. He recovers in the hospital while the Chipmunks are to stay with their aunt and attend school. This seems more like an excuse to send the Chipmunks back home and introduce a new character. Toby who takes the place of Dave ( Jason Lee) as he "tries" to take care of the chipmunks. He is filled with poor dialog and serves no real purpose to the story. It was a very poor mistake to use Toby rather than Dave. I would have expected a move like this if it was straight to dvd or Jason Lee not wanting to play the role anymore. One of the biggest issues people may find with this title is copy and paste. The Chipettes find Ian who repeats his actions to them as he did to the Chipmunks in the first movie. Principal Dr. Ruben requests the Chipmunks to help with a music contest to help save the music program. This Squeakquel felt like there should have been more to the entire movie. The overall plot is lacking and the music selection was okay. The only redeeming thing about the entire movie is the Chipettes. They should have been introduced in the 3rd movie while making this one about something else. Expand
  5. Aug 29, 2010
    Much lower than the first, Which Was the movie Where the whole family enjoyed the film and laughed Became only for children under 5 years.The squirrels that would be the novelty and promise become boring. Movie predictable.
  6. Oct 21, 2010
    I have to say I can't quite see what's TOO bad about this movie. Some parts of it may not make sense and contain cheesy jokes, but overall, I just can't imagine myself giving it a three or a four. I mean, not a ten either, but I thought it was pretty good.
  7. Jan 11, 2011
    I watched thiz movie with no expectations. I think all of the things that they wanted to show us already appeared in the first movie. So the sequel (which named: The Squeakquel) is only a repetitions on what we saw before. The movie still cast by: Jason Lee and David Cross. The Alvin Character is voiced by Justin Long. The former Director Tim Hill (who also directed GARFIELD, 2004)I watched thiz movie with no expectations. I think all of the things that they wanted to show us already appeared in the first movie. So the sequel (which named: The Squeakquel) is only a repetitions on what we saw before. The movie still cast by: Jason Lee and David Cross. The Alvin Character is voiced by Justin Long. The former Director Tim Hill (who also directed GARFIELD, 2004) replaced by Betty Thomas. It is very clear, The movie-makers intend to refresh things up by the appearance of new characters, The Chippetes (the girl version of The Chipmunks). Members of The Chippetes are: Brittany (Christina Applegate), Jeanette (Anna Faris), Eleanor (Amy Poehler). We certain knew the trio as creditable Drama-Comediennes. I think in some ways, the movie is less musical than the first one. The Chippetes performance looks like based on the nowadays Hip Hop style. If we looked at the human characters, Zachary Levi who seems to have more proportion than Jason Lee, both of them did not make us stunned by their performance. Their role definitely could be replaced easily by other Casts. In the end, I just said thiz kind of movie definitely just for fun.

Visit My Blog on JONNY'S MOVEE : http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com
  8. Apr 21, 2011
    A worthy successor to the last movie, which is good or bad depending on your stance. Other than an over-dependence on the introduction of the Chipettes, there's nothing 'wrong' with this sequel that wasn't equally wrong in the original, but it seems to lack the same heart. If you liked the first one, you'll like this one too, but it comes across as a sequel more than a worthy tribute toA worthy successor to the last movie, which is good or bad depending on your stance. Other than an over-dependence on the introduction of the Chipettes, there's nothing 'wrong' with this sequel that wasn't equally wrong in the original, but it seems to lack the same heart. If you liked the first one, you'll like this one too, but it comes across as a sequel more than a worthy tribute to the source. Expand
  9. May 24, 2012
    This is way better than the Chipwrecked sequel and it is the best of the whole series. But there are scenes that are too annoying and there are scenes that are good. The high-pitched voices of the chipmunks sometimes disturbs me and sometimes impresses me. But overall, it is an average movie for adults and a great one for children.....
  10. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the best movies of 2009! It was so epic! (Why did Ian have to be half *****, that part disturbed me). Anyway, this is very funny, go buy it before the shelves. I checked the "spoiler" box because i said a movie part. Easy to know :P Expand
  11. Nov 27, 2011
    Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel may lack some of the surprise that the original had, but it is still kid friendly. It may be a hit or miss for most adults though.
  12. Feb 7, 2013
    A sequel that has nothing to do with his former party. Pesima but good to hang out.
  13. Jan 1, 2014
    Children will love it of course, but I didn't like it that much. Compared to the first one it feels cheap and that it could have been better. But then again not everything lives up to it's potential.
  14. Jan 13, 2013
    I found myself bored. The movie is just like the first but more stupid and less fun. The reason it even got a 1 is because Theodore is amazing. The rest of the characters are just pathetic and so are the events following the stupid characters.
  15. Jul 10, 2013
    I am not a big fan of sequels aren't I? (Look at my profile), but it was funny, great songs added and I think it could have got a better mark than this, preposterous and lanky at that though.
  16. Mar 4, 2013
    No modicum of effort has gone into this film and every lazy, predictable attempt at humour only serves to zap the energy audience members will desperately need to get through an hour and a half of, what can only be described as, crass commercialism.
  17. Jul 18, 2013
    Se intenta mejorar pero queda dentro del mismo rollocon otras factores que se quieren hacer ver grandes pero no lo logran efectivamente, esta vez las Arditas fue una idea entretenida a la vez que algunas veces se ve ridicula.
  18. Jul 24, 2013
    I may have been more optimistic on the first film, but the second is just downright outrageously old. With its cliche roles of the smarts, handsome looks, and the charmer; the characters in "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel" are downright old and boring, and even worse as they add three more talking chipmunks with similar personalities as well. If David Cross' character wasn'tI may have been more optimistic on the first film, but the second is just downright outrageously old. With its cliche roles of the smarts, handsome looks, and the charmer; the characters in "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel" are downright old and boring, and even worse as they add three more talking chipmunks with similar personalities as well. If David Cross' character wasn't horrible in the first, his role in the second is very dull and boring as well, with his already cliche character before turning horribly annoying. The plot of the story is obviously kid-friendly, as it takes on the role of high school that hundreds of films have already taken, and is nothing new. Although most kids will enjoy this film, to me, it was a bit to overdone with its annoying and boring plot and character elements, and its tired singing musical with the chipmunk voices. Expand
  19. Jul 9, 2014
    I don't even think my little cousins would like it. I was a kid myself when I watched it, and I thought nothing of it. Now, re-watching it, it's probably the worst live action movie. Not one joke really made me laugh.
  20. Jan 26, 2014
    Really a very tasteless movie. I don't want to waste my time with another brainless movie like this. Really stupid argument even for a 5 years kid!! And they want to make another!!! Noooooooo!

1. Reviewed by: Kim Newman
    Alvin does high school rom-com and very poorly at that.
  2. Reviewed by: Claudia Puig
    It seems as if no professional actors were hired in the making of this motion picture.