4.3

1. Nov 4, 2011
    So Much More Than The 1st One! It Lacks Creativity But Earns In Back In This Movie! :D
    Honestly This Isent A Really Good Or Really Bad Movie... Good... Average...
  2. Alex
    Apr 23, 2010
    Same as before, families will enjoy the world's first Squeakquel.
  3. LindseyD
    Feb 12, 2010
    The modern music chosen was cool to hear in the movie, but it was your standard sequel, complete with peer pressure, slap stick, dumb teenagers a moral to stay true to yourself and to work together. I guess that for a child it would be a cute movie but JUST as a movie regardless of age group it is not particularly intelligent or creative.
  4. RickA
    Jan 16, 2010
    A good movie to take the kids to. As an adult movie not so good, I found it to be boring. I almost fell asleep a couple of times. Maybe I was to tired to go to this movie that night.
  5. kokoj
    Jan 2, 2010
    Poorly written dialogue. Nothing special. the chipmunk voices actually go from cute to annoying.
  6. IsaacV.
    Feb 18, 2010
    The movie definitely needs work but is a sure contender against the first one.
  7. ChadS.
    Dec 25, 2009
    Here's a novel idea: since the 3D animated chipmunks inhabit the real world, why not go the distance and outfit the singing vermin with a story where real world rules apply? Alvin, Simon, and Theodore attend a normal public high school, in which they find themselves in situations that seem written for "normal" chipmunks, not superstar ones. Asked by the principal to save the music Here's a novel idea: since the 3D animated chipmunks inhabit the real world, why not go the distance and outfit the singing vermin with a story where real world rules apply? Alvin, Simon, and Theodore attend a normal public high school, in which they find themselves in situations that seem written for "normal" chipmunks, not superstar ones. Asked by the principal to save the music department, Alvin and his furry bros have to win a high school talent contest, and for some strange reason, this directive is important to them. Aren't they supposed to be an established singing group? (It also begs another question: Wouldn't a professional act be disqualified from an amateur contest?) It's not that they're humble: the writers give these chipmunks amnesia, especially Simon. The jocks pick on the bespectacled chipmunk because he's a nerd, but this is a nerd who's been on tour, and yet the worldly chipmunk gets tricked into being the "litter monitor". Not far behind in the poorly written department is Alvin; he goes out for football as part of his aspiration to be one of the cool kids. Why bother? He's a star; he has millions of adoring fans; he inspired a middle-aged woman to get a tattoo bearing his band's namesake. If the chipmunks were spoiled rock stars, then, perhaps, their stint as high school students, as a preventive measure against megalomania, would make the film's narrative seem less of a series of arbitrary choices. To make matters worse, there's The Chippettes(and the "Dreamgirls" subplot) to contend with. Couldn't "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel" just go the "Howard the Duck" route and have one of the chipmunks fall for a human girl? Expand
  8. RayJ
    Dec 23, 2009
    To much slapstick and not enough humor.
  9. Nov 15, 2011
    Filled with a few laughs here and there. They some what "kill off" Jason Lee's character due to him making very little appearance in the film. He recovers in the hospital while the Chipmunks are to stay with their aunt and attend school. This seems more like an excuse to send the Chipmunks back home and introduce a new character. Toby who takes the place of Dave ( Jason Lee) as he "tries"Filled with a few laughs here and there. They some what "kill off" Jason Lee's character due to him making very little appearance in the film. He recovers in the hospital while the Chipmunks are to stay with their aunt and attend school. This seems more like an excuse to send the Chipmunks back home and introduce a new character. Toby who takes the place of Dave ( Jason Lee) as he "tries" to take care of the chipmunks. He is filled with poor dialog and serves no real purpose to the story. It was a very poor mistake to use Toby rather than Dave. I would have expected a move like this if it was straight to dvd or Jason Lee not wanting to play the role anymore. One of the biggest issues people may find with this title is copy and paste. The Chipettes find Ian who repeats his actions to them as he did to the Chipmunks in the first movie. Principal Dr. Ruben requests the Chipmunks to help with a music contest to help save the music program. This Squeakquel felt like there should have been more to the entire movie. The overall plot is lacking and the music selection was okay. The only redeeming thing about the entire movie is the Chipettes. They should have been introduced in the 3rd movie while making this one about something else. Expand
  10. Oct 21, 2010
    I have to say I can't quite see what's TOO bad about this movie. Some parts of it may not make sense and contain cheesy jokes, but overall, I just can't imagine myself giving it a three or a four. I mean, not a ten either, but I thought it was pretty good.
  11. Jan 11, 2011
    I watched thiz movie with no expectations. I think all of the things that they wanted to show us already appeared in the first movie. So the sequel (which named: The Squeakquel) is only a repetitions on what we saw before. The movie still cast by: Jason Lee and David Cross. The Alvin Character is voiced by Justin Long. The former Director Tim Hill (who also directed GARFIELD, 2004)I watched thiz movie with no expectations. I think all of the things that they wanted to show us already appeared in the first movie. So the sequel (which named: The Squeakquel) is only a repetitions on what we saw before. The movie still cast by: Jason Lee and David Cross. The Alvin Character is voiced by Justin Long. The former Director Tim Hill (who also directed GARFIELD, 2004) replaced by Betty Thomas. It is very clear, The movie-makers intend to refresh things up by the appearance of new characters, The Chippetes (the girl version of The Chipmunks). Members of The Chippetes are: Brittany (Christina Applegate), Jeanette (Anna Faris), Eleanor (Amy Poehler). We certain knew the trio as creditable Drama-Comediennes. I think in some ways, the movie is less musical than the first one. The Chippetes performance looks like based on the nowadays Hip Hop style. If we looked at the human characters, Zachary Levi who seems to have more proportion than Jason Lee, both of them did not make us stunned by their performance. Their role definitely could be replaced easily by other Casts. In the end, I just said thiz kind of movie definitely just for fun.

Visit My Blog on JONNY'S MOVEE : http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com
  12. Apr 21, 2011
    A worthy successor to the last movie, which is good or bad depending on your stance. Other than an over-dependence on the introduction of the Chipettes, there's nothing 'wrong' with this sequel that wasn't equally wrong in the original, but it seems to lack the same heart. If you liked the first one, you'll like this one too, but it comes across as a sequel more than a worthy tribute toA worthy successor to the last movie, which is good or bad depending on your stance. Other than an over-dependence on the introduction of the Chipettes, there's nothing 'wrong' with this sequel that wasn't equally wrong in the original, but it seems to lack the same heart. If you liked the first one, you'll like this one too, but it comes across as a sequel more than a worthy tribute to the source. Expand
  13. May 24, 2012
    This is way better than the Chipwrecked sequel and it is the best of the whole series. But there are scenes that are too annoying and there are scenes that are good. The high-pitched voices of the chipmunks sometimes disturbs me and sometimes impresses me. But overall, it is an average movie for adults and a great one for children.....
  14. Nov 27, 2011
    Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel may lack some of the surprise that the original had, but it is still kid friendly. It may be a hit or miss for most adults though.
  15. Feb 7, 2013
    A sequel that has nothing to do with his former party. Pesima but good to hang out.
  16. Dec 24, 2015
    Alvin pulled a sequel, and Alvin, Simon and Theodore have company of Ardites , lol that funny idea of ​​a sequel to Alvin and the Chipmunks , but otherwise was the best movie of one of the most disastrous film of the family sagas.
  17. Mar 22, 2016
    Alvin and the chipmunks: The Squeakquel is not as funny as the original and and it shows simple a characters with boring story-telling and very down-beat plot. Fans will be disappointed with this very low result, with good-enough music and a bad premise.

1. Reviewed by: Kim Newman
    Alvin does high school rom-com and very poorly at that.
  2. Reviewed by: Claudia Puig
    It seems as if no professional actors were hired in the making of this motion picture.