4.3

1. BrendaA
    Dec 23, 2009
    I think the movie was terrific and very kid friendly. Adults will love it too.
  2. SOlon
    Jun 25, 2010
    My son is 19 months and doesn't like hardly any tv, but he loves both of these movies! Anything to buy me a few min to rest is worth it, he's soooo busy!!!
  3. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the best movies of 2009! It was so epic! (Why did Ian have to be half *****, that part disturbed me). Anyway, this is very funny, go buy it before the shelves. I checked the "spoiler" box because i said a movie part. Easy to know :P Expand
  4. BettyM.
    Jan 8, 2010
    Very cute for kids. Our granddaughters ages 3 and 7 loved it.
  5. DavidW.
    Jan 3, 2010
    A perfectly acceptable kids film. My little boy loves the first film and the Squeakquel was just as well received. I wouldn't watch this film on my own, with out the company of my son, Alvin and his pals are best enjoyed with a younger audience in tow.
  6. KurtT
    Feb 6, 2010
    A great movie to take your kids to but adults may like it, some in-the-middle, and some may not.
  7. joeh
    Jan 7, 2010
    Not much to say about the movie, I just can't believe Chad S. brought up "Howard the Duck", now THAT was a weird ass movie. What seems strange to me is that I think both Alvin and Howard were supposed to be directed towards a similar demographic, yet I'd say Howard was a FAR more mature film (or perhaps just violent and controversial) despite it being almost twenty years older. Not much to say about the movie, I just can't believe Chad S. brought up "Howard the Duck", now THAT was a weird ass movie. What seems strange to me is that I think both Alvin and Howard were supposed to be directed towards a similar demographic, yet I'd say Howard was a FAR more mature film (or perhaps just violent and controversial) despite it being almost twenty years older. One has to wonder. Expand
  8. janec
    Feb 14, 2010
    What a change from Scaring the pants off most of the movies to Laughing all the time.
  9. prem
    Dec 31, 2009
    Hey good movie ad has the capacity to hold your bredth for the whole duration. and to cater the audience from 3 to 63 its worth that.
  10. JamesP
    Dec 23, 2009
    Having not seen the first one, I was worried that maybe I wouldn't be able to understand the 'squeakquel' but I caught on within the first few minutes as the plot doesn't really carry on, or so I'm told anyway. Generally, the film is aimed at children, but the film also has been tailored so that it is enjoyable for parents too. Overall a good film with a great, Having not seen the first one, I was worried that maybe I wouldn't be able to understand the 'squeakquel' but I caught on within the first few minutes as the plot doesn't really carry on, or so I'm told anyway. Generally, the film is aimed at children, but the film also has been tailored so that it is enjoyable for parents too. Overall a good film with a great, but sometimes predictable storyline. 7/10 from me. Expand
  11. JeffC.
    Dec 24, 2009
    This was a very entertaining film and worth 90 minutes and $7. The so-called professional reviewers need to lighten up. This is a movie about talking chipmunks. If you are entertained, that is all you can expect. We had ages 3, 7, 10, 29, 35, 39, 61, 62 in attendance. Everyone was entertained and thought it was a good movie.
  12. Aug 29, 2010
    Much lower than the first, Which Was the movie Where the whole family enjoyed the film and laughed Became only for children under 5 years.The squirrels that would be the novelty and promise become boring. Movie predictable.
  13. lj
    Dec 23, 2009
    Better than first surprisingly excellent.
  14. Jul 10, 2013
    I am not a big fan of sequels aren't I? (Look at my profile), but it was funny, great songs added and I think it could have got a better mark than this, preposterous and lanky at that though.
  15. Mar 7, 2015
    Not as good as the other 2 chipmunks movies but still great. The storyline was good. It was funny overall. The songs were great. It even had Wii Sports make a cameo. Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel is a great movie and you should watch it anytime.
  16. Dec 11, 2015
    I do not get the problem with this movie, I found it fun. Man the alvin and the chipmunks movie are great examples of underrated movies, and I hope the bad criticism stops with road chip.

1. Reviewed by: Kim Newman
    Alvin does high school rom-com and very poorly at that.
  2. Reviewed by: Claudia Puig
    It seems as if no professional actors were hired in the making of this motion picture.