4.3

1. daveh
    Jan 2, 2010
    My 7 year old son laughed, my 9 year old daughter was bored. and everyone else agreed that it was painful and insulting. Even David Cross couldn't save the experience.
  2. NicholasS.
    Jan 3, 2010
    This movie would be cringe worthy, even for a 5 year old.
  3. JoshuaC.
    Jan 30, 2010
    everyone knows how stupid singing chipmunks are. If you don't you should die or suiside right away. this movie has no aparent humor, and dance moves that makes this the worst musical ever. I am not even sure if this is a musical. Probobaly, a ****tty kids comedy that even a 4 year old wont find humorous.
  4. AVBS
    Jan 2, 2010
    No... Just, no. These types of movies need to die.
  5. BaldipM
    Dec 26, 2009
    Wow not worth the time.
  6. ShaneA.
    Dec 26, 2009
    What a terrible excuse for a cute movie. Absolutely brainless.
  7. JulianM
    Dec 27, 2009
    Anyone over 12 years of age will find this movie boring, childish, repetitive, and stupid.
  8. Nov 26, 2015
    OBNOXIOUS SINGING CHIPMUNKS. If that's not bad enough for you, how about OBNOXIOUS SINGING CHIPMUNKS AND THEIR OBNOXIOUS SINGING GIRLFRIENDS. Coz that's basically what this crap squeakquel is. *shudders*
  9. Sep 10, 2015
    The first one started out watchable but then went downhill but this one goes downhill from the beginning, it adds THREE EXTRA OBNOXIOUS HIGH PITCHED VOICES to the mix and essentially just copies the story from the first. I think my iq iz lowering thiss moovie makes you stoopid dont wach it duuuuh... Save you-self...
  10. Dec 29, 2015
    Get your earphones or headphones ready as the chipmunks return for another dull movie of theirs as they hit the screen for even more annoying singing!
  11. Sep 28, 2011
    "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel" is a movie so preposterously obvious you won't remember a thing except for the annoying high-pitched voices of the chipmunks after 2 hours.
  12. Nov 4, 2011
    So Much More Than The 1st One! It Lacks Creativity But Earns In Back In This Movie! :D
    Honestly This Isent A Really Good Or Really Bad Movie... Good... Average...
  13. Jan 1, 2011
    Well one thing for sure is that its worse than the first movie.
  14. BrendaA
    Dec 23, 2009
    I think the movie was terrific and very kid friendly. Adults will love it too.
  15. SOlon
    Jun 25, 2010
    My son is 19 months and doesn't like hardly any tv, but he loves both of these movies! Anything to buy me a few min to rest is worth it, he's soooo busy!!!
  16. May 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the best movies of 2009! It was so epic! (Why did Ian have to be half *****, that part disturbed me). Anyway, this is very funny, go buy it before the shelves. I checked the "spoiler" box because i said a movie part. Easy to know :P Expand
  17. Mar 28, 2015
    A boring, irritating cash grab that challenges your sanity for 1 1/2 hours. An atrocity to film making, its among the worst films I've had to suffer through. The fact that this made well over $400m at the box office makes me question how much more greedy Hollywood can be. The abysmal "humor" throughout the whole movie gets stale immediately and it's filled with writing that was quiteA boring, irritating cash grab that challenges your sanity for 1 1/2 hours. An atrocity to film making, its among the worst films I've had to suffer through. The fact that this made well over $400m at the box office makes me question how much more greedy Hollywood can be. The abysmal "humor" throughout the whole movie gets stale immediately and it's filled with writing that was quite possibly made by a 5 year old. A complete waste of your time, don't go near this abomination. Expand
  18. BettyM.
    Jan 8, 2010
    Very cute for kids. Our granddaughters ages 3 and 7 loved it.
  19. DavidW.
    Jan 3, 2010
    A perfectly acceptable kids film. My little boy loves the first film and the Squeakquel was just as well received. I wouldn't watch this film on my own, with out the company of my son, Alvin and his pals are best enjoyed with a younger audience in tow.
  20. KurtT
    Feb 6, 2010
    A great movie to take your kids to but adults may like it, some in-the-middle, and some may not.
  21. joeh
    Jan 7, 2010
    Not much to say about the movie, I just can't believe Chad S. brought up "Howard the Duck", now THAT was a weird ass movie. What seems strange to me is that I think both Alvin and Howard were supposed to be directed towards a similar demographic, yet I'd say Howard was a FAR more mature film (or perhaps just violent and controversial) despite it being almost twenty years older. Not much to say about the movie, I just can't believe Chad S. brought up "Howard the Duck", now THAT was a weird ass movie. What seems strange to me is that I think both Alvin and Howard were supposed to be directed towards a similar demographic, yet I'd say Howard was a FAR more mature film (or perhaps just violent and controversial) despite it being almost twenty years older. One has to wonder. Expand
  22. janec
    Feb 14, 2010
    What a change from Scaring the pants off most of the movies to Laughing all the time.
  23. Alex
    Apr 23, 2010
    Same as before, families will enjoy the world's first Squeakquel.
  24. prem
    Dec 31, 2009
    Hey good movie ad has the capacity to hold your bredth for the whole duration. and to cater the audience from 3 to 63 its worth that.
  25. JamesP
    Dec 23, 2009
    Having not seen the first one, I was worried that maybe I wouldn't be able to understand the 'squeakquel' but I caught on within the first few minutes as the plot doesn't really carry on, or so I'm told anyway. Generally, the film is aimed at children, but the film also has been tailored so that it is enjoyable for parents too. Overall a good film with a great, Having not seen the first one, I was worried that maybe I wouldn't be able to understand the 'squeakquel' but I caught on within the first few minutes as the plot doesn't really carry on, or so I'm told anyway. Generally, the film is aimed at children, but the film also has been tailored so that it is enjoyable for parents too. Overall a good film with a great, but sometimes predictable storyline. 7/10 from me. Expand
  26. JeffC.
    Dec 24, 2009
    This was a very entertaining film and worth 90 minutes and $7. The so-called professional reviewers need to lighten up. This is a movie about talking chipmunks. If you are entertained, that is all you can expect. We had ages 3, 7, 10, 29, 35, 39, 61, 62 in attendance. Everyone was entertained and thought it was a good movie.
  27. Aug 29, 2010
    Much lower than the first, Which Was the movie Where the whole family enjoyed the film and laughed Became only for children under 5 years.The squirrels that would be the novelty and promise become boring. Movie predictable.
  28. LindseyD
    Feb 12, 2010
    The modern music chosen was cool to hear in the movie, but it was your standard sequel, complete with peer pressure, slap stick, dumb teenagers a moral to stay true to yourself and to work together. I guess that for a child it would be a cute movie but JUST as a movie regardless of age group it is not particularly intelligent or creative.
  29. RickA
    Jan 16, 2010
    A good movie to take the kids to. As an adult movie not so good, I found it to be boring. I almost fell asleep a couple of times. Maybe I was to tired to go to this movie that night.

1. Reviewed by: Kim Newman
    Alvin does high school rom-com and very poorly at that.
  2. Reviewed by: Claudia Puig
    It seems as if no professional actors were hired in the making of this motion picture.