7.6

Dec 12, 2002
    It's simply amazing!
  2. MetheGirl
    Dec 13, 2002
    I thought this was a really touching movie, although it's not for those shallow impatient people who refuse to take notice of those things truly important in life.
  3. Carol-AnnC.
    Feb 23, 2002
    After reading mostly favorable reviews I went to see this ridiculoous film. Vladimar P. criticized Robert H for his 2 rating. Vladimar I do not know what stuff you're smoking but this movie was heartless, boring and downright ugly. What a dissapointment! Vladimar do not give up your day job.
  4. DeslandesS.
    Mar 13, 2002
    As a french person, I was curious to see how people liked "Amélie" in the US. I loved that movie, because it's just a simple and happy thing, I found it funny too, because of many jokes about us. Since, I understand people who didn't like that movie. Indeed, what they say is real (about the colour, the two-hours-long, etc.). But the sentence which touches me the more is As a french person, I was curious to see how people liked "Amélie" in the US. I loved that movie, because it's just a simple and happy thing, I found it funny too, because of many jokes about us. Since, I understand people who didn't like that movie. Indeed, what they say is real (about the colour, the two-hours-long, etc.). But the sentence which touches me the more is "a frenetic bore that insists on its audience's adoration while making no demands upon their intelligence". Well, this is true!! The thing is that it all depends on your personnality. If, you're naive, or more sceptic. Expand
  5. MarcK.
    Mar 22, 2002
    I can understand if people didn't love this film. I have no idea how anyone could have a strong dislike, unless they their idea of a good film is to the see the latest Arnold shoot-em-up. I was a little disappointed with the last 15 minutes of the film, but other than that, it was absolutely superb. Audrey Tautou deserved an Oscar nomination!
  6. MateuszM.
    Jul 19, 2002
    Not as good as I supposed. People give too many good votes for a film which is like milions of others average films.
  7. OliverT.
    Jul 25, 2002
    Uplifting, surreal story that looks at life in unusual ways, revelling in the simplistic joys around us that we take for granted. Those too cynical to just allow themselves to fall in love with this film are idiots, basically. Like people who eat lollipops the wrong way.
  8. Shannon
    Jul 31, 2002
    Wonderfully delightful.
  9. KatjaS.
    Aug 27, 2002
    I don't understand. Why does everyone say this movie is wonderful, blah blah blah. For one thing its TOTALLY boring. It doesnt even have a plot that you can understand! And what exactly is it trying to tell us???
  10. JamesT.
    Nov 12, 2003
    Life is simple... while we are chasing those material stuff, this movie brings us back to the good old days where life and job is just as simple as it is...
  11. PatC.
    Dec 19, 2003
    Really a pleasant little movie about doing random acts of kindness. But with a hint of tediousness. I wouldn't want to watch it twice.
  12. AliceZ.
    Jun 24, 2004
    I love this movie! This is definitely in the top 5 movies ever made. Its amazing. I've made all my friends watch it, and now everyone I know has bought their own copy. It's great!
  13. RobC.
    Nov 15, 2005
    Simply adorable. A movie with no guns, violence, hatred, just pure indulgence of the sweet, feel good variety. Anyone who despises this film has no soul. Ok, you may not like it, but you cant hate it. Audrey Tatou is absolutely charming as a shy cafe worker, working her magic bringing cheer and joy into peoples lives. Its such a refreshing film to watch, cajoled along by a very Parisian Simply adorable. A movie with no guns, violence, hatred, just pure indulgence of the sweet, feel good variety. Anyone who despises this film has no soul. Ok, you may not like it, but you cant hate it. Audrey Tatou is absolutely charming as a shy cafe worker, working her magic bringing cheer and joy into peoples lives. Its such a refreshing film to watch, cajoled along by a very Parisian soundtrack. Collapse
  14. Diana
    Mar 11, 2005
    An original, beautyful, and funny movie. not for the average hollywood-primed attention span, i guess.
  15. MarcoS.
    Oct 16, 2006
    All the characteristics of this movie together are stronger, than when considered separated.
  16. BobA.
    Jan 17, 2006
    A trite little confection, that goes out of its way to pull at our heart strings. It's cutesy, sentimental, quirky, and silly. I wanted to dislike it, but I didn't. In fact I loved it.
  17. P.Marta
    Nov 9, 2006
    Beautyful movie! I love Amelie!
  18. AndrewH.
    Jun 28, 2006
    This is one of my all time favorite movies. Great fun.
  19. KatC.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Life is so full of the ups and downs... It's refreshing for the soul the see the whimsical and magical side of life and love. To see the difference one person can make to so many. Don't look so deep into it that you lose the purpose of Amelie... just enjoy the moment.
  20. EstebanF
    Apr 21, 2008
    Horribly boring and dumb, this is a movie that tries to be what it isn't: an artistic production. After 30 minutes of it, you just want to stop. The story is just too "pink", simply too "happy" to stand it. 0 realism, dumb, it doesn't challenge the audience and it doesn't make you feel anything but boredom. Soul-less, failed artistic wannabe movie.
  21. EdS.
    Nov 19, 2001
    Very inventive and charming.
  22. BrettW.
    Dec 13, 2001
    Charming, beautiful...
  23. Gilbert
    Nov 19, 2002
    The only problem with this movie is that it's a little demanding on a modern audience. Specifically, it demands that they have souls.
  24. OllieT.
    Dec 13, 2002
    Uplifting and beautiful.
  25. JamesT.
    Nov 12, 2003
  26. Jan 20, 2015
    my favourite movie of all time, so this is kinda subjective. STUNNING, keeps you attached on the screen from the start to the very end and the way the life of the protagonist is told lets you emphasize a lot with her. the music from THE MAN that is yann tiersen is perfect in every situation and the whole thing hides a lot of intelligent humor. not your classical love story.

1. The barometer for whether you'll enjoy Amélie is whether you liked "Moulin Rouge" last summer. If snappy visuals, tangy colors, mood-drenched scenery, and a good-hearted heroine make you as happy as a box of Parisian chocolates, it's definitely for you.
    Amelie is joie de vivre in a nougat.
    At two hours, the movie is probably 15 minutes too long -- the final half-hour in particular could have used some trimming -- but complaining about having too much of a good thing makes one sound like a grouch.