6.9

1. Apr 9, 2012
    I've never seen the other American Pie movies, but based on this movie, I can tell they're nothing but mindless smut. This movie wasn't even very funny.
  2. Jul 1, 2012
    Laughably-awful. Plays like its straight-to-video offsprings (i.e. "Band Camp", etc.). The movie is a let-down in the sense that you see that they grow up to become more boring versions of themselves without ever having to make a responsible decision for themselves. Not even at midnight and drunk should you waste your time.
  3. Apr 14, 2012
    American Reunion brings nothing new to comedies. It's exactly the same kind of humor that you see in 90% of comedies out right now. It's almost as bad as the second Hangover.
  4. Apr 6, 2012
    "American Reunion" is sure to appease previous followers of the series; it's still laden with the expecting awkward sexual situations, crude prankishness from Stifler, unsettling talks between Jim and his dad, and plenty of booze. It follows the same formula. And, as anticipated, being a "reunion" movie means one is bound to have a failed marriage, another is likely to question their career path, and one couple of old flames will get back together. It's all very routine, and brings reason and justification to its long-over-due end. 'Reunion' simply doesn't feel like anything new was ever thought of upon its creation; instead, it feels as if filmmakers studied the previous installments, added marriage and children into the mix, casted some new fill-ins, and changed little else. The film begins on a couple unsensibly tactless and unfunny notes, all while conspicuously focusing on Stifler to create laughs, and finally refines its crassness, albeit slightly, later. As I found myself watching 'Reunion', I couldn't help but notice the change in the degree of humor since its first installment; the gags are repeated, but aren't nearly as affecting as they once were. Also, the film's attempts to wring out as much sex from its "reunion" themes comes across as forced and desperate. One instance, in particular, shows Jim playing off the "I remember you from somewhere..." motif. He runs into a newly "legal" teenage girl who he used to baby-sit. Naturally, the film sees that she is topless, and ready for Jim to defile. Why a married man with a child, contemplating the seduction of an eighteen year old girl, who in fact he used to watch under his care...as a child, is material that is purported to bring about laughs is sickening to even consider. But, nevertheless, the audiences behind me cry out in riotous cacchination over its "humor." The same idea is repeated all throughout the film, as Stifler is shown attempting to titillate the fancies of a group of stereotypical, obtuse-minded beach babes, making references to current-day pop culture. By this time, the deplorable pursuits at comedy are more than soaked up; no, its been dead for thirteen years. Ultimately, "American Reunion" is exactly what fans and newcomers, alike, expect from the latest installment; the former couldn't love it more, while newbies couldn't like it less. Without knowing the characters beforehand, the film is seen as another dumbed-down, sex-comedy featuring the disturbingly familiar motif of married men flirting with the concept of cheating on their spouses with teenage girls, and from that, expecting to generate laughs. Having seen the previous films, 'Reunion' doesn't even come close to matching the effect of its original or seconder, but does just what one expects in concluding a still classic title series; not laugh-out-loud, but still offering some comedic relief. As a late-night-filler-theater-trip-with-friends, the film fulfills its role--and likely its budget--with familiar faces and old, but nostalgic gags. Expand
  5. Apr 12, 2012
    This was your usual American Pie film. Thats what i went in expecting and thats what i got out of it. The biggest issue i had was a big majority of the funny parts were in the trailer so i didn't laugh too much during the film because i had already seen it all before. I enjoyed the first two american pies, didn't care for the third, nor do i care one bit about the stupid knock off films. I was against them making another one of these films because they should've stopped after the second film but i decided to just see it anyways to test it out, and i pretty much just watched the trailer, just extended with a quite a bit of drama mixed in. I didn't care much for this movie at all. It's not worth the money, even if your an american pie fan, just wait for it to be in redbox. 4/10 Expand
  6. Vex
    Jul 4, 2012
    Vulgar piece of @#*X. Don't waste your money on this one. I don't know how anyone with half a brain can like this kind of movie, with no real message, story or substance whatsoever. The fact that this movie is getting higher user ratings than some objectively much better movies lately clearly says something about your average audience these days.
  7. Sep 21, 2012
    Lost the humor of it's predecessors. Crude americanized jokes can't keep on, for 1.5 hours. Producers, please don't make another one, you're spoiling the taste of the previous versions...
  8. Feb 3, 2013
    better then the original but still the jokes arent that funny and are still pretty childish but it seems as though the movie matured in terms of storyline this one was much more interesting then the first one and it seemed like it actually had more things going on that actually made sense but still just a childish dirty movie for a childish dirty series
  9. Oct 17, 2012
    Going into 'American Reunion' never having seen any of the previous films in the series I can still sense that the franchise is feeling its age. There is a rivalry going on here between sentimentality and raunchiness (raunchiness ends up being the victor most of the time) that don't blend into a consistent tonal whole throughout and, despite these battling factors, 'American Reunion' ends up being rather dramatically lame and kind of unfunny. Seeing these characters act childish and horny might have been funny ten years ago, but watching them at the age of thirty, it's kind of sad. Jason Biggs and Sean William Scott seem willing enough to devote themselves to each crude bit, but the filmmakers are solely interested in having these grown men forced into embarrassing and juvenile situations in which soon after someone catches them in the act. The movie ends up repeating itself so maddeningly often in this fashion. Whatever attempts that are made to stitch on a believable plot attempt to be pushed into the corner by crudity. A reunion that never should have happened. Expand
  10. Apr 28, 2013
    What a difference 13 years makes. I loved the first two american pies found the third to be okay and I even tolerated the fairly awful spin-off films. I had hoped this would be a return to form, however what I saw was simply a husk of the characters I grew up laughing at. The story follows the reunion of the full main cast (last together in American Pie 2), however whilst the cast is back the laughs sadly have not returned for the most part. After a hilarious first scene the film never quite gets back to that level of humour that made the first two films great, instead focusing more on the fairly depressing story lines of the main 5 guys however character development is minimal so the pay off is small from this decision. I think the main problem is that this film tries to grow and stick to its roots at the same time. Also setting up for more films, that's not going to happen any time soon.
    Rating 4 out of 10
    It feels more like one of the spin off films than a fully fledged sequel.

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    May 7, 2012
    Inevitably, the guys wind up sentimentally telling each other they should do this every year. Please no.
  2. Reviewed by: Jonathan Crocker
    Apr 30, 2012
    Warning: contains Jason Biggs' wang and the contents of Stifler's bowels. Happily, the fourth, funny, (possibly) final serving of American Pie is also warm and nostalgic enough to satisfy.
  3. Reviewed by: James White
    Apr 30, 2012
    The first couple of servings back in the day were fresh and fruity, but the franchise has been left on the shelf a little too long. It's occasionally entertaining to have these characters back in our lives, but for the most part this fails to party like it's 1999.