7.1

1. Apr 6, 2015
    This film is a serious take on the hyperlink genre, focusing more on social disparity than the titular love: although the three episodes take place in the same city, we see three essentially unrelated stories that could well have been set in three different countries. There are snippets of great cinema, with influences clearly ranging from 50s-60s neorealism to 90's heist films -This film is a serious take on the hyperlink genre, focusing more on social disparity than the titular love: although the three episodes take place in the same city, we see three essentially unrelated stories that could well have been set in three different countries. There are snippets of great cinema, with influences clearly ranging from 50s-60s neorealism to 90's heist films - technically, the film is a great one: camera work, cinematography, writing, editing and soundtrack are all spot on. The only downfall, I found, was the fact that although yes, it is hyperlink, and yes, the episodes are somewhat connected, Amores perros still feels very distinctly trifold.

Apart from this, the movie is good and is certainly one of the best in its genre. Also, comparisons to Pulp Fiction don't really make sense, since Pulp Fiction was written with a humorous intent, while Amores perros is extremely serious and doesn't ever provide comedy at all.
  2. Mar 31, 2012
    Certainly, a very good movie! Although one of the stories (the one of the model and the dog) was not very credible and seemed a bit forced; as a whole, the movie works well. The first time I watched this film the impression I got from it was not very positive; however, I am happy I watched it again, because I understood if from a totally different perspective, while the first time I did,Certainly, a very good movie! Although one of the stories (the one of the model and the dog) was not very credible and seemed a bit forced; as a whole, the movie works well. The first time I watched this film the impression I got from it was not very positive; however, I am happy I watched it again, because I understood if from a totally different perspective, while the first time I did, I was perhaps overly critical. I do recommend the movie! It is intense, endearing, powerful, and at times, brutal...but watching is was a rewarding experience, just the same!...Amores Perros definitely had a huge potential to be even more than what it was... Expand
  3. Jan 7, 2011
    Touching story. Brilliant idea of the three stories. The accident episode is the key of the movie. It keeps you alert till the end. The third story was the most beautiful to me.

1. A stunner: a fiercely brilliant film of such wrenching impact, nonstop drive and unpredictability that watching it becomes an exhilarating ride.
    There's something overly studied, almost clinical, in how it all pulls together.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Clark
    The gritty, Oscar-nominated "Traffic" is a limo ride compared with the bloodletting in this year's foreign-film nominee from Mexico.