An Inconvenient Truth

8.2

1. AdamA
    Aug 15, 2008
    This documentary is well made, but horribly written. When I want to hear science, I have to sit through Al Gore's life story. I didn't want an autobiography, but that's what I got. Key details where left out which made me wondering. The documentary was completely biased and vain. I say kudos, however, to the director, who is quite talented at getting a point across.
  2. KD.
    Apr 8, 2007
    There was an over use of scare tactics in this documentary. Gore draws conclusions based on common sense, not scientific proof.
  3. DanielD.
    Apr 20, 2008
    This film mixes scientific facts with some apparent science fiction, which did not suprise me; the part that I found somewhat riveting though was the political propaganda. It has a bizarre cultish aspect to it like watching Triumph of the Will and The Passion sliced together. Here's Al, the man from humble roots (wink wink) who received a prophetic message in college and has tried to This film mixes scientific facts with some apparent science fiction, which did not suprise me; the part that I found somewhat riveting though was the political propaganda. It has a bizarre cultish aspect to it like watching Triumph of the Will and The Passion sliced together. Here's Al, the man from humble roots (wink wink) who received a prophetic message in college and has tried to save the world from itself ever since. This journey has lead him to the temples of power where those who should have known better didn't recognise their green messiah. Al sufferred many unspeakable things for all of us. The loss of a loved one, the near sacrifice of his beloved son, and a gut-wrenching and humiliating political defeat. If Al started out immature and selfish, all of the sufferring and the pain has stripped that away. The terrible journey has purified his heart. No one would continue this crusade for merely selfish reasons; the cost has been too high. Now don't we owe him our loyalty and of course our votes? Al baptise me in that endangered brown river of your's, my soul is now your's....I can't see into Al's heart to judge his motives but his politcal track record makes me highly skeptical. Either way, the person who wrote the screenplay deserves an oscar. Expand
  4. RajDoctor
    Feb 9, 2007
    An Inconvenient Truth I had heard lots of raving reviews for this documentary, but had missed it in the theatres in Amsterdam. I regretted that, and was eager to see the movie sometime. Today I saw the documentary, and let me say that I am not a Republic, nor an American, nor a Westerner, nor a Scientist. I am just a one of the audience from a developing country, who gets worried of the An Inconvenient Truth I had heard lots of raving reviews for this documentary, but had missed it in the theatres in Amsterdam. I regretted that, and was eager to see the movie sometime. Today I saw the documentary, and let me say that I am not a Republic, nor an American, nor a Westerner, nor a Scientist. I am just a one of the audience from a developing country, who gets worried of the way we are destroying this world and would like to do something to save our planet. The documentary is about 100 minutes long and 70 percent of it is about creating fear in the minds of Americans showing all the possible data about how the planet is getting destroyed. The data and information in the documentary is presented nicely in very good visuals - making it simple and easy to understand. One gets convinced that surely the world is on a brink of major global disaster. I was much interested in the last 30 minutes when Al Gore the main protagonist of the documentary starts talking about the solutions. He presents three solutions Expand

1. Reviewed by: Phil Hall
    An Inconvenient Truth is something you rarely see in movies today: a blatant intellectual fraud. Shame on all of the people involved in this travesty.
  2. The documentary is an act of political activism. Guggenheim and his politically conscious producers, Laurie David, Lawrence Bender and Scott Z. Burns, have no interest in either challenging Gore's viewpoint or giving opposing opinions equal time. The film is simply a conduit for Gore's message.
  3. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    A straightforward record of the lecture Gore has toured for years, juiced by elaborate graphics. An excellent educational tool, picture may prove an awkward fit for theatrical distribution.