8.2

1. Mar 18, 2014
    An Inconvenient Truth is a persuasive argument to the effects global warming has on the environment and why we should change them. The film has good intentions and lots of facts and statistics to back up its points, and almost convinces even the most closed-minded person that he or she needs to change.
  2. Mar 12, 2014
    This film is shocking and true. Believable, and understandable, An Inconvenient Truth's actual Truth, is so close to our faces that it might spark change in the near future.
  3. Nov 28, 2012
    Despite the recent developments seemingly debunking the points it raises, "An Inconvenient Truth" is - without a doubt - still a good film.
  4. May 20, 2012
    Amazing how stupid some people are...
    Global warming is important..
    Al Gore shows the inconvenient Truth....
  5. Feb 2, 2012
    Propaganda film for the Climate Change movement masquerading as a factual documentary, full of half-truths, outright errors, and dodgy science, presented in a slick package with carefully selected stock footage. Oh, won't someone think of the polar bears!
  6. Jul 16, 2011
    This is the movie that changed my outlook on the world and opened my eyes to the most important issue facing humanity today. I was enthralled and horrified at the facts presented in this movie. And I was amazed to see Al Gore - who I'm ashamed to say seemed hardly different or better than George W. Bush to me during the 2000 election - drop all pretenses and come across as an extremely interesting and knowledgeable figure with a passion for educating people about the planet's peril. It's overwhelming the amount of scientific evidence that exists, and it's relayed quite effectively in such a way that if one five-minute topic segment doesn't completely convince you, then surely one of the next ones will. If I could have every person view one movie, this would be it. Expand
  7. Nov 2, 2010
    While I agree with the general urgency this movie tries to portray I hate the special interests and motives behind it all. Al Gore himself travels around the country in his own Jet, making millions of dollars in the process. I think we not only suffer from pollution from burning fuels but also pollution in the form of money which corrupts even the noblest of causes. I am afraid these things just give weapons to the non believers and in general detriments the efforts of people trying to solve this very real crisis. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Phil Hall
    An Inconvenient Truth is something you rarely see in movies today: a blatant intellectual fraud. Shame on all of the people involved in this travesty.
  2. The documentary is an act of political activism. Guggenheim and his politically conscious producers, Laurie David, Lawrence Bender and Scott Z. Burns, have no interest in either challenging Gore's viewpoint or giving opposing opinions equal time. The film is simply a conduit for Gore's message.
  3. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    A straightforward record of the lecture Gore has toured for years, juiced by elaborate graphics. An excellent educational tool, picture may prove an awkward fit for theatrical distribution.