7.1

1. BabarS.
    Sep 7, 2005
    One of the best pictures of the year with few of the best performances ever. Yes, including the arguably talented "J.Lo." Jennifer Lopez acts her butt off (and its a big one so u can imagine how good she was).
  2. OwenC.
    Jul 23, 2006
    the best movie i've ever seen. i can't believe critics are so against this movie. this movie is AWESOME if u can see it at all costs.
  3. neilc.
    Sep 9, 2005
    My aunt and uncle wrote this movie so like totally im voting for them. + it was a good movie and jennifer lopez is hot.
  4. Justin
    Nov 29, 2005
    Great movie. I agree this should see some oscar nominations. Especially Redford. I also like the girl's performance. The press has not caught on that the split with Miramax has sabotaged this great movie. It will not win awards if the studio won't let anyone see it.
  5. OnixC.
    Sep 5, 2005
    Great performances, mostly from Jennifer Lopez. Great movie.
  6. AlaskaGirl
    Sep 6, 2005
    This movie was SOO inspiring and heart warming. I loved it. Redford gave one of his BEST performances, IMO, EVER! Freeman is of course the friend that we look for for guidence (which means he gives his usual GREAT performace). Jennifer Lopez, OH MY! I had NO IDEA that she could act! She DEFINETLY pulls off the best performance EVER (yes folks, even better THEN SELENA). I smell OSCARS!! This movie was SOO inspiring and heart warming. I loved it. Redford gave one of his BEST performances, IMO, EVER! Freeman is of course the friend that we look for for guidence (which means he gives his usual GREAT performace). Jennifer Lopez, OH MY! I had NO IDEA that she could act! She DEFINETLY pulls off the best performance EVER (yes folks, even better THEN SELENA). I smell OSCARS!! Becca garner is so cute and down to earth, heck, she even holds her own against Robert Reford and FReeman!! I must admit, i was BEYOND surprised with this film. I recomend it to everyone (it has some dirty language, so everyone includes kids 13 and up). Expand
  7. MarcD.
    May 21, 2006
    The best movie of 2005. I'm completely shocked by the lukewarm reviews. Are we so jaded that a well executed family drama can no longer be admired, regardless of its simplicity? Jennifer Lopez was nothing but perfect in the movie and if she were not famous, no critic would have targeted her, otherwise. A perfectly made human drama.
  8. evelins.
    Dec 24, 2005
    Very good movie. I love it! Jennifer Lopez is soo good and Robert Redford, Morgan Freeman are also very good. You must watch it!
  9. OJayM.
    Sep 13, 2005
    The BEST Family Drama of the Year!! Every inch of this film should be nominated for the Oscars (at least nominated!!). Best Picture and Best Director; Best Actor: Robert Redford; Best Actress: Jennifer Lopez; Supporting Actor: Morgan Freeman (though he did win last year); and Supporting Actress: Becca Gardner (she is still young and new but that "Whale Rider" girl got nominated for Best The BEST Family Drama of the Year!! Every inch of this film should be nominated for the Oscars (at least nominated!!). Best Picture and Best Director; Best Actor: Robert Redford; Best Actress: Jennifer Lopez; Supporting Actor: Morgan Freeman (though he did win last year); and Supporting Actress: Becca Gardner (she is still young and new but that "Whale Rider" girl got nominated for Best Actress!!). Now before anyone says I'm overdoing it - I'm not. I just knwo a good movie when I see it. Hey, even Ebert and Roeper give it two thumbs up!! Expand
  10. jims.
    Sep 5, 2005
    The film i saw was great. i usually agree with your critics to some extent but i believe in this case they really enjoyed to film but afraid to admit it!
  11. HarrietB.
    Sep 6, 2005
    I loved this movie! Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the interplay between two of our best actors. Watch Becca Gardner come into her own as the young girl who demonstrates both an innocence and wisdom that forces the adults around her to confront who they are. And marvel at Jennifer Lopez in what might be the best role of her career. She's convincing. It's a good, heartwarming I loved this movie! Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the interplay between two of our best actors. Watch Becca Gardner come into her own as the young girl who demonstrates both an innocence and wisdom that forces the adults around her to confront who they are. And marvel at Jennifer Lopez in what might be the best role of her career. She's convincing. It's a good, heartwarming story that also makes you think. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Ryan Devlin
    You can't help but see this movie being crafted out of shards of movies past, seemingly in a cut and paste method. In the hands of a less skillful director, the film could very easily flop, but it doesn't.
  2. The film never realizes its dramatic potential, choosing to take predictable story paths with obvious characters.
  3. Reviewed by: Leslie Felperin
    A film is in trouble when, despite the presence of an A-list cast and a well-regarded director, the best thing in it is a partly digitized bear.