8.2

1. Feb 8, 2012
    Marvelous! Easily the movie! I am from Russia and I know a lot abour Anasrasia.... May be it si not true , but I think It is the greatest animation movie has ever been !
  2. Jun 29, 2011
    It looks like a Disney knockoff, but not very similiar to Disney. It has great animation, solid voice acting, and very catchy songs. Don Bluth did a very good job at making this non-disney masterpiece.
  3. ChristinaH.
    May 27, 2007
    This has to be the best Disney movie I've seen, with a good plot, great characters, and catchy songs, who can't love it?
  4. JessicaS.
    May 25, 2004
    Marvelous! Easily the best non-disney movie!
  5. JennS.
    May 25, 2004
    A great movie!! Great music!!
  6. MegG.
    Sep 11, 2004
    I Love it! I love the story, the history behind it and the music!
  7. MikeF.
    Sep 21, 2004
    The best film ever and no im in a musical version seems like a dream come true.
  8. SallyR.
    Sep 16, 2006
    It is brilliant. Not at all scarring for kids, in your face Thomas D.
  9. loverboy
    Dec 22, 2004
    So Romantic. I want to kiss Ansatasia.
  10. LanaT.
    May 21, 2004
    Fantastic, dahling!!!
  11. Dawn
    Oct 21, 2005
    The music takes me to magical mind trips, it creates dreams,and makes me appreciate the moment.
  12. lovesit
    Jul 31, 2005
    I loved the movie it was funny how anastasia and dimitri always argued and i loved bartok the music was great.
  13. AmmeT
    Jan 31, 2008
    Fantastic film. Breath taking for any ages. The music is catchy with brilliant lyrics. It has character and is interesting.
  14. Nov 24, 2012
    This is one of the greatest non-Disney animated movies there is! Anastasia is one of those rare non-Disney heroines who is thoroughly modern and enchanting. She's not the only thing I love about the movie, the musical numbers, the animation, the characters, everything! My only gripe, and it's a small quibble, is that Rasputin is a little bit leaning towards Dick Dastardly than aThis is one of the greatest non-Disney animated movies there is! Anastasia is one of those rare non-Disney heroines who is thoroughly modern and enchanting. She's not the only thing I love about the movie, the musical numbers, the animation, the characters, everything! My only gripe, and it's a small quibble, is that Rasputin is a little bit leaning towards Dick Dastardly than a Disney-like villain. The two supporting characters, Dimitri and Marie, are the some of the most human I've seen in an animated movie. There's plenty of bad rap towards Bartok, but in my opinion he's likable and deserves more respect. Anya is the representative of the perfect non-Disney heroine as she can stand on her own ground with the Mouse House's beauties like Ariel and Belle. I definitely love this move as I watched it respectively on video and TV and recommend this to every animation fan and fan of Don Bluth. Spectacular! Expand
  15. Mar 27, 2013
    One of my favorite non-Disney/Pixar animated movies. Superb animation. Great voice acting. Catchy and memorable music. While it does take some HUGE liberties with history, it is just a story after all. What really got my attention was that this was really the first GOOD non-Disney movie of its time. This level of production for hand drawn animation was almost unheard of and really shookOne of my favorite non-Disney/Pixar animated movies. Superb animation. Great voice acting. Catchy and memorable music. While it does take some HUGE liberties with history, it is just a story after all. What really got my attention was that this was really the first GOOD non-Disney movie of its time. This level of production for hand drawn animation was almost unheard of and really shook the chains of quality superiority that Disney once held. Overall: A charming and fun animated movie that won't be for everyone, but it has a place in my heart. Collapse

1. Lacks the spark of the best recent Disney spectaculars, like "Beauty and the Beast."
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Fox
    Decent songs, an amusing script and some surprisingly imaginative animation.
    Flawed but not fatally, this ambitious epic's strength lies not just with its haunting melodies, pretty pictures, star voices and kid-friendly sidekicks - the usual shtick that makes Disney tick. [14 Nov 1997, p.D6]