6.2

1. May 3, 2014
    By choosing not to top the one-liners and instead try to expand on the story, Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues not only tops the first film, but it also defies the mold of the comedy sequel.
  2. Apr 18, 2014
    Funny movie. One of Will Ferrell's best in my opinion. I think it is under rated as not to many people enjoyed it as much as I did. The first 3 quarters of the movie were great and the last quarter was a bit sloppy but still ended up being a good time.
  3. Dec 17, 2013
    If you loved the first one, you'll love this one. Ron Burgundy and the Channel 4 News Team are in fine form throughout. Combining fresh jokes with call backs to the first film, The Legend Continues indeed. At several points, the film just goes so bonkers it leaves you wondering where the ideas come from (I'm looking at you, Dobi).
  4. Dec 23, 2013
    It's not as good as the first one, but when it comes to sequels it's really funny. The story goes all over the place with a few jokes that fall flat in the long run though with the hilarious cameos and Ron and the news team at their best Anchorman 2 is a strong sequel. B+
  5. Jan 1, 2014
    Anchorman 2 review
    W
    Ron Burgundy and his team of two perverts and a retarded weather forecaster are back in this much expected sequel from which people expect the same smartly done dumb humor from the previous one. So we all wondered going into this film: is it gonna rise over its predecessor like a flaming eagle or is it gonna plummet into a forgotten pit? The answer is... this
    Anchorman 2 review
    W

The answer is... this movie is a sweet random treat for those who enjoy this kind of humor and are in the mood for it. Warning! For those grumpy artsy humans looking for a quirkier and more mature humor go sit somewhere else or you will go blind from all the eye rolling. But for those which enjoyed the last one and just wanna have a fun laugh, go right in.
    The movie continues the travels of Ron Burgundy and as expected goes to the most random and silly situations imaginable.
    I will start with the cons to get them of so here they are: Though being bigger than the last one this one drags on a little bit at the end of the second act and an estimated 10% of the jokes don't hit that laughing spot. The movie is quite long compared to the first one and I think for this kind of humor the length of the film needs to be shorter.
    Now to the pros: As I said previously this movie is BIG! It involves from Ron Burgundy raising a shark to the news team fighting a minotaur. The Channel 4 News team has a lot of screen time specially Brick! There are a lot of scenes involving Brick and since they are so many there are some that don't get you where it tickles but there are undoubtedly some that make you roll into a fetus position and cry of laughter. I will say a beloved occurrence from the last one makes a comeback 10 times bigger and involves some creative cameos that made me smile.
    In conclusion this movie has some flaws but they are overshadowed by an amazing fan service and loyalty to the first one. It hasn't got that many quotable lines as number one but it sure makes for a "laugh out loud" awesome time!
  6. Jan 6, 2014
    Anchorman 2 not only reaches the pedestal of Anchorman, but destroys it. It will get more quotable as the years go by. Anchorman 2 is a hilarious film and with a surprisingly great plot. The most anticipated comedy sequel ever meets expectations...and then some.
  7. Dec 21, 2013
    My only gripe with this film is that no comedy I'll ever see will live up to this fantastic standard.
    Every joke was laugh out loud funny. Nothing fell flat, and the theater seemed like a happy family laughing together. I've never experienced a movie this gut-wrenchingly funny.
    The plot is as hilarious as it is clever. The entire satire on how news works was great albeit predictable.
    The characters are what you'd expect with some stellar additions.
    The user score makes me question what film these other people saw because not one person I saw it with was anything below blown away...
  8. Dec 23, 2013
    This is a good movie worth seeing. I don't agree with either of the extremes, particularly the review that there was never a dull moment. There are scenes that fall flat, there are great laughs. Overall it's a good movie. If you have super high original movie expectations you should tone those down a bit, it's a sequel. But overall I found it funny, and towards the end I was cracking up.
  9. Dec 27, 2013
    Anchorman 2 swings for the fences,misses, but still bags a solid triple. More outrageous than than the first film and almost as funny. Sure there are parts of the film were you might be thinking to your self come on, really?" Yet, that's only when your not laughing your ass off to the many pop culture references and timely gags. This is as good as comedy sequels get and that is a tributeAnchorman 2 swings for the fences,misses, but still bags a solid triple. More outrageous than than the first film and almost as funny. Sure there are parts of the film were you might be thinking to your self come on, really?" Yet, that's only when your not laughing your ass off to the many pop culture references and timely gags. This is as good as comedy sequels get and that is a tribute to the writers of this film. The actors were also very interesting and memorable. While its not the best performance from any of them; they made the film worth a trip to the movies. Expand
  10. Dec 30, 2013
    It may not be as good as its predecessor. But Anchorman 2 delivers all the comedy that we have come to expect. The point is, it got the job done and I walked out satisfied.
  11. Dec 16, 2013
    A sequel that absolutely delivers. There were people in my advance screening who were falling out of their chairs, into the aisles. Typically in a sequel like this, the plot is a ridiculous contrivance, but Anchorman 2 is an exception it's a pitch-perfect story, a logical extension of the first film. Other than one 10 minute soft spot toward the middle, the creative team keeps adding gasA sequel that absolutely delivers. There were people in my advance screening who were falling out of their chairs, into the aisles. Typically in a sequel like this, the plot is a ridiculous contrivance, but Anchorman 2 is an exception it's a pitch-perfect story, a logical extension of the first film. Other than one 10 minute soft spot toward the middle, the creative team keeps adding gas to the fire into the latter half of the film and it concludes with a flourish. Expand
  12. Dec 18, 2013
    Anchorman 2 is an achingly funny, overlong comedy that takes the anarchic flavour of the first film and amplifies it. While it would have been nice to have seen a little more attention paid to the rest of the central cast, Ferrell does a fine job carrying most of the film’s considerable weight on his manly shoulders. Let’s hope we don’t have to wait another nine years for the next one.
  13. Dec 19, 2013
    Close to the perfect comedy movie! Every character you loved from the first one is back and better than ever! Better than the original. This movie will have you laughing so hard it hurts! So many cameos from such great actors during the fight scene. Never a silent moment in the theatre! Don't wait for the DVD/Blu-Ray. See it as soon as possible, you will not regret it.
  14. Dec 19, 2013
    As a massive fan of the original film, I approached this film with some anxiety. I was skeptical that this film could possibly live up to its predecessor. Thankfully, I was wrong, and Anchorman 2 is very good indeed, it's funny, charming and memorable.

The storyline doesn't feel like a rehash, and the new 80's setting opens up a world of jokes for Ferrell and the gang to explore. Whether it's Ron's Ridiculous ego or Brick's crazed antics, the laughs keep coming.

In many ways, Brick steals the show, he probably has the best lines in the movie, and this could be seen as an issue because a lot of people would expect Ron to be a central character. What's particularly noticeable is how Brick is a lot more funny than Champ and Brian in this one, rather than the comedy being more balanced. Don't get me wrong, they still have good moments but they needed a bit more.

But is it better than the original? Equal, I would say. This is an achievement considering it's a sequel (and not only that, a comedy sequel) and they should be proud of what they have achieved.

Loved the cameos too, but I won't spoil those!
  15. Dec 18, 2013
    The news team is back, and it's kind of a big deal! The highly anticipated sequel to the cult phenomenon, Anchorman, is finally here after a nine year hiatus and see's Will Ferrell reprise his most memorable role as eccentric newscaster, Ron Burgundy. And yes, with salon quality hair!

The film is everything you'd expect from the comedy pairing of Adam McKay and Will Ferrell, and although not as good as the first film, it certainly has its moments with a fresh new storyline and an abundance of hilarious jokes. The film is just as silly as you'd hope, with Steve Carell saying 'There's little rhyme or reason to this world and that's what makes it so funny.'. With perms, a werewolf, ice skating jazz flute, a pet shark and Harrison Ford the film truly is, in the words of Carell and Paul Rudd, 'absurd', 'ridiculous' and 'inexplicable', that won't leave fans disappointed as one of the best comedies of the year.

We pick up the story years on from the first film where, after hitting rock bottom and with the seventies over, the legendary news team reunite to take on New York City and the worlds first twenty four hour news network.

Despite the film dragging in parts, the thing that really makes this movie is of course, what can only be described as, a truly flawless cast and the extraordinary characters they portray. The actors all expressed their deep admiration and love of working with one another, which comes through in their performances, and is a real joy to watch.

The highlight of the film; however, is the climax which is quite simply mind blowing in its arsenal of heavyweight Hollywood actors, featuring cameo appearances from Harrison Ford, Sacha Baron Cohen, Will Smith and even Kanye West to name just a few from the explosion of talent. The only people they couldn't get were Oprah and president Obama!

Ferrell's performance as Burgundy is bigger and better than ever with as much ignorance and narcissism as we've all come to love and admire. The other stand out performance of the film is Steve Carell as brainless weatherman Brick Tamland that is effortlessly delivered and simply hysterical. In one of the more touching moments of the film Brick finds love with an identically unintelligent character played by Kristen Wiig, leaving the nice message that there's someone out there for everyone. This storyline isn't without humor featuring a date at a vending machine, but that's definitely not for everyone!

Harrison Ford's appearance in the film takes the concept of a deadpan performance to a whole new level of supremacy, which is sure to make you laugh, and adds to the weight of the already marvelous cast. Ferrell laughed 'He (Ford) hasn't seen the first Anchorman and I don't think he has any intention of seeing this one either!'. Carell stated his disappointment for not getting the chance to meet the Indiana Jones star with Adam McKay joking they 'banned him from the set.' and producer Judd Apatow adding 'Yeah, f**k that Steve Carell!'. All joking of course!

Ferrell also discussed how the filmmaking process involves a large amount of improvisation. Carell commented how 'An environment was created in which we could venture off into the land of improv.'. Christina Applegate, who plays ambitious news anchor Veronica Corningstone, recalls the first cut being 'over three hours long' and the films director, Adam McKay, has expressed his intention of releasing a second cut of Anchorman 2, featuring 'the same plot and storyline but with entirely different jokes.'.

When asked if another Anchorman film was in the pipeline Ferrell concluded that following The Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter there'd be 'at least fourteen' Anchorman films! The producers even hinted at the possibility of a Step Brothers sequel, reuniting Ferrell with John C. Reilly, something that McKay says will 'definitely' happen again. So with that, another cut of Anchorman 2 and twelve more sequels there's much to look forward to from these comedy titans.

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues hits UK cinemas December 18th and is the comedy to watch this Christmas.
  16. Dec 28, 2013
    Surprisingly Anchorman 2 is one of those rare sequels that is far superior to the first one. While the predecessor was funny this was hilarious. The film ups the jokes, has some great satire, and delivers a great movie. I’d recommend it to people who weren’t big on the first one because it is a vast improvement. One of the best movies of the year. Prepare to laugh hard. If you liked theSurprisingly Anchorman 2 is one of those rare sequels that is far superior to the first one. While the predecessor was funny this was hilarious. The film ups the jokes, has some great satire, and delivers a great movie. I’d recommend it to people who weren’t big on the first one because it is a vast improvement. One of the best movies of the year. Prepare to laugh hard. If you liked the first one you are going to love the second one. Expand
  17. Dec 20, 2013
    I'm assuming every "not helpful" review vote are the people who can't stand Will Ferrell or Anchorman because of its immaturity. As though downplaying someone's opinion who actually enjoyed it ISN'T immature. If you know how to not take things seriously you'll enjoy this movie. Not better than the first but not much worse either.
  18. Dec 20, 2013
    Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues is a gleefully absurd and hilariously entertaining sequel that, though it may not be as memorable as its predecessor, still provides plenty of the bizarre hilarity that fans have grown to love. The film constantly shoots effective laughs out into the audience, but there is an area towards to middle/end of the film that really deflates the laughs that haveAnchorman 2: The Legend Continues is a gleefully absurd and hilariously entertaining sequel that, though it may not be as memorable as its predecessor, still provides plenty of the bizarre hilarity that fans have grown to love. The film constantly shoots effective laughs out into the audience, but there is an area towards to middle/end of the film that really deflates the laughs that have been going consistently prior to that certain area and also the character of Burgundy's son just came off as utterly annoying and weak and awfully performed by Judah Nelson. Those flaws aside, Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues is a hilarious sequel that fans will surely crave for. Expand
  19. Mar 14, 2014
    Anchorman 2 is more of the same as the first and has scenes that simply fall flat but the moments that are funny you'll remember. If you are looking for silly, whimsical, and a film that knows it's a joke, this is right up your alley
  20. Dec 29, 2013
    While there are not as many quotable lines and the plot gets fuzzy and dumb with about 30 minutes left in the film, Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues is a hilarious and fun film, which is just as good as (if not better than) its 2004 predecessor. Will Ferrell plays the always funny and stupid Ron Burgundy and still fits the role perfectly. David Koechner, Paul Rudd, and especially SteveWhile there are not as many quotable lines and the plot gets fuzzy and dumb with about 30 minutes left in the film, Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues is a hilarious and fun film, which is just as good as (if not better than) its 2004 predecessor. Will Ferrell plays the always funny and stupid Ron Burgundy and still fits the role perfectly. David Koechner, Paul Rudd, and especially Steve Carrell play their respective roles just as well as they did in the first film as well. Even the many cameos, including Will Smith, Jim Carrey, Kanye West, Sacha Baron-Cohen, and Vince Vaughn (as Wes Mantooth) were solid. The jokes are funny throughout the film, but parts like Doby the Shark and even the ending of the film were unnecessary. However, this film still manages to impress and provide many laughs, and I would definitely recommend it. Expand
  21. Dec 29, 2013
    I rarely find myself actually laughing out loud but my god the slap stick humour of this had me doing it non stop. I absolutely wouldn't recommend this for everyone, but say if you enjoyed the first Anchorman or the Earlier Adam Sandler movies this will probably have you hooked from the get go. Just.... maybe check your brain in at the ticket desk when you go to see it and pick it up againI rarely find myself actually laughing out loud but my god the slap stick humour of this had me doing it non stop. I absolutely wouldn't recommend this for everyone, but say if you enjoyed the first Anchorman or the Earlier Adam Sandler movies this will probably have you hooked from the get go. Just.... maybe check your brain in at the ticket desk when you go to see it and pick it up again on the way out, ye'll both enjoy it far more that way haha. Expand
  22. Jan 1, 2014
    Oh Ya, its good. Does not knock it out of the park but it is a pleasant sophomoric sequel from this comedy team. That kid is annoying and a bad actor though. They should of cut him from this film. He does nothing but bring you down. I really liked the boyfriend, girlfriend meeting scene though in front of the receptionist desk. I did enjoy this movie it has a lot of hits and misses but itOh Ya, its good. Does not knock it out of the park but it is a pleasant sophomoric sequel from this comedy team. That kid is annoying and a bad actor though. They should of cut him from this film. He does nothing but bring you down. I really liked the boyfriend, girlfriend meeting scene though in front of the receptionist desk. I did enjoy this movie it has a lot of hits and misses but it does carry on fairly well. I think it was about 10 minutes too long though so they maybe could of cut out some of the fluff. Expand
  23. Dec 29, 2013
    Thankfully "Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues" is a comedy sequel one can trust, taking nearly every single ounce of ridiculousness, stupidity, and outright, gut-busting hilarity from the first film and delivering it back in an almost entirely augmented form.
  24. Dec 20, 2013
    This movie still shows that it's got the stuff. It may not be as good as the first one and is a little overlong in terms of a comedy like this, but it's still funny as he'll and outragously random and entertaining. The best part though was brick. Not only did he get way more screen-time, but he definitely reels in the most laughs with his outragously stupid personality. Also, be on theThis movie still shows that it's got the stuff. It may not be as good as the first one and is a little overlong in terms of a comedy like this, but it's still funny as he'll and outragously random and entertaining. The best part though was brick. Not only did he get way more screen-time, but he definitely reels in the most laughs with his outragously stupid personality. Also, be on the look out for lots of special cameos! Overall, it's a glass case of emotion! I give it a B+! P.S. Stay away from hati Expand
  25. Dec 26, 2013
    One of the funniest movies of the year if not the decade. The characters r such losers but we still root for them anyway. Ferrell is one of the funniest actors ever
  26. Dec 30, 2013
    The News Crew is back and they are just as funny as the first time around! I was very excited for this one and the final product went above and beyond my expectations. Like the last one, the film is silly but with a biting wit and a unique intelligence to it and the gang once again brings their individual characters to life and play well off each other. It was not uncommon for me toThe News Crew is back and they are just as funny as the first time around! I was very excited for this one and the final product went above and beyond my expectations. Like the last one, the film is silly but with a biting wit and a unique intelligence to it and the gang once again brings their individual characters to life and play well off each other. It was not uncommon for me to laugh till I cried and couldn’t breathe during this film and it makes me desire a third adventure with Ron Burgundy, Brick Tamland, Brian Fantana and Champ Kind. Expand
  27. Dec 23, 2013
    Unlike most sequels, Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues is actually not far from the laugh-out-loud hilariousness in the news room that is Anchorman. With a few new editions to the cast and a plethora of new running gags, Anchorman 2 succeeds, and is very funny.
  28. Jan 25, 2014
    The news crew is back and better than ever? Well, going into this movie it might have been that I had incredibly high hopes for the film, mostly because of how great the first film in the franchise is. I really did enjoy the first two-thirds of the film, but as it came to a close I didn't love the way it played out. The ending felt rushed, the lines were hit-or-miss, and the charactersThe news crew is back and better than ever? Well, going into this movie it might have been that I had incredibly high hopes for the film, mostly because of how great the first film in the franchise is. I really did enjoy the first two-thirds of the film, but as it came to a close I didn't love the way it played out. The ending felt rushed, the lines were hit-or-miss, and the characters didn't have that spark they did in the previous movie. Though I do recommend seeing this movie, try to not compare it to the first. Expand
  29. Hum
    Jan 8, 2014
    Very funny movie! Also touching at times. The message about what the news has become is spot on. Steve Carell and Will Ferrell are outstanding! Can't wait for A III
  30. Dec 26, 2013
    Too entertaining. Sometimes it can be a bit annoying and boring at sometimes, but overall, this movie is worth it! Will Ferrell did a great job. Please, go see this movie right now.
  31. Jan 2, 2014
    This movie was ok to great up until the last 15-20 minutes. The ending was completely awful and irrelevant to the plot. That is the only downside of the film. Most of the film was funny and had it's moments. I would recommend this film if your a Will Ferrell/ Ron Burgandy fan
  32. Dec 30, 2013
    If you're expecting a deep and moving thoughtful movie then you should not venture out to see this film. If you are looking for silly, whimsical, and just down right fun this is your film. Its stock Will Ferrel at his best. At times it seems they try to bludgeon you with the bit so you get the joke, but it is a solid laugh enduring good time.
  33. Dec 20, 2013
    It's impossible to sit through this movie with a straight face. There are a couple gags that fall flat, but MANY gags that will cause you to burst out in laughter.
  34. Dec 23, 2013
    As some people would walk out of any comedy and say that is the funniest movie they have ever seen. I am not one of those people and have never said that since the first Anchorman until yesterday when I saw Anchorman 2. Without exaggeration, I was laughing every minute and every joke soared. While the story is similar to the first, that does not bother me at all, in fact, I'm pleased thatAs some people would walk out of any comedy and say that is the funniest movie they have ever seen. I am not one of those people and have never said that since the first Anchorman until yesterday when I saw Anchorman 2. Without exaggeration, I was laughing every minute and every joke soared. While the story is similar to the first, that does not bother me at all, in fact, I'm pleased that they did not risk this movie by using an entirely new plot. I don't have anything bad to say about the movie. While there was likely a few flaws, your constant laughter will distract you from them. This, people, is the funniest movie I have any seen that bested its predecessor, and it's pretty hard best the best. Expand
  35. Dec 28, 2013
    I found this movie extremely funny and I enjoyed 90% of the gags and jokes however I felt the story was flimsy. This didn't affect my enjoyment too much but it would have more satisfying if the story supported the comedy.
  36. Dec 28, 2013
    Although Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues is frequently hilarious (particularly the chaotic finale) it sags a bit in the middle, and is a touch too long. Still, it's a welcome sequel, and the scene involving Fantana helping Brick pick out a condom is not to be missed.
  37. Dec 29, 2013
    Nonstop laughter the whole way through, it could of done with some more news room reports other than the main 2 but it was great, although the Australian boss's accent was overdone as i am Aussie it was a great movie and if anyone in need of a laugh then this is a movie for you.
  38. Dec 31, 2013
    I believe it is funnier than the first, even if it gets too ridiculous at times. But I cannot complain about the story, because that isn't the point of this type of film, the point is to be funny and original, which it is. It feels more confident, and there's much more of that ridiculous Brick this time around!

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues gets a 7.4/10
  39. Jan 1, 2014
    Fans of the first Anchorman & other films by Adam McKay are surely in for a treat. I was a fan of the first one, but not overly enthused. However, Anchorman 2 takes everything from the first one and brings more. I would go as far to say it was a major improvement over the first one.
  40. Jan 19, 2014
    Very good, especially for fans of the original. The production value is refreshing and you'll notice that from the beginning. Many things are simply "one upped", specifically Brick's screen time and the cameo appearances in general.
  41. Jan 25, 2014
    Though not better than the first, this movie still causes some laughs and general appreciation of Ferrell and gangs comedy routines. Anchorman may not live completely up to the hype that many fanboys have held, it's still a solid comedy film that is enjoyable if you are looking for a movie to enjoy some laughs. Don't take it too seriously as many of the jokes are repetitive and sometimesThough not better than the first, this movie still causes some laughs and general appreciation of Ferrell and gangs comedy routines. Anchorman may not live completely up to the hype that many fanboys have held, it's still a solid comedy film that is enjoyable if you are looking for a movie to enjoy some laughs. Don't take it too seriously as many of the jokes are repetitive and sometimes lacking the comedic brilliance of many of the actors. Expand
  42. Jan 27, 2014
    A must-see movie. And, you don't need to know about the first movie to understand the second. Funniest movie yet hands down. .
  43. Mar 2, 2014
    anchorman 2 is funny as hell . will ferell 's ron burgundy is back and has more laughs then the first anchorman well will ferell is funny in anchorman 1 and 2
  44. Mar 19, 2014
    From my point of view, I paid to see Will Ferrell in character and that is what I got at the end. Comparing it with the first movie it feels flat from time to time(the first half and the second half were uneven) and derivative but this not necessarily bad. Unlike the first movie, the sequel has a more detailed plot-line. Side characters are not as funny as they were in the first movie butFrom my point of view, I paid to see Will Ferrell in character and that is what I got at the end. Comparing it with the first movie it feels flat from time to time(the first half and the second half were uneven) and derivative but this not necessarily bad. Unlike the first movie, the sequel has a more detailed plot-line. Side characters are not as funny as they were in the first movie but the second half of the movie was improving on what was great about the first movie. As a summary it has its ups and downs compared to the first movie which is one my favourites and it would be a complete movie if the side characters had more memorable parts. Expand
  45. Apr 18, 2014
    “Anchorman: The Legend Continues”, or “Anchorman 2″ as I like to call it, is a sequel to the classic comedy “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy”, or “Anchorman” as I like to call it.

“Anchorman 2″ is about the familiar anchorman Ron Burgundy (Will Ferrell) who loses his job. To get back into the news business he reunites with his incompetent team from the last film, Champ (David Koechner), Brian (Paul Rudd) and Brick (Steve Carell) to do a 24 hour live maraton with news!

The old cast from “Anchorman” is back for the second outing. I have not been a fan of Will Ferrell, but after seeing “Step Brothers” and this movie I must say that now I am! He is so in synch with the character of Ron Burgundy that you forget that you are watching Will Ferrell. Everyone else is great in this film but the actor who’s work I liked the most was Steve Carell! His character, Brick, was my favorite part about the previous movie and he had more to do in this one. His charming stupidity and the way he reacts to his fellow acting buddies is absolutely hilarious. We also see a bunch of cameos from well known actors, just like in the previous movie. These cameos are great because as an avid movie-geek I love to spot references to other films and stuff!

Adam McKay, the director of Will Ferrell starred movies like “The Other Guys”, “Step Brothers” and the first Anchorman-movie, has directed “Anchorman 2″ and his direction is good. On a technical level, it isn’t anything fantastic but he does get good performances out of his actors, and that is in the end what a director should try to achieve.

“Anchorman 2″ is a comedy so I’m obligated to mention, well, the comedy in the movie. “Anchorman 2″ is hilarious! The movie is the typical Will Ferrell movie and everything that goes along with that so it isn’t for everyone. If you like pop-cultural references, over the top randomness and a lot of irony you will find yourself loving this film. There are a lot of fantastic lines, just like in the original, but it isn’t really as quotable as the first one but 60% of the time the jokes work everytime.

As a sequel “Anchorman 2″ works very well. It carries over the same tone from the first one and the story seems, to me at least, be a natural continuation of “Anchorman”. There are some scenes that are great nods to the original and they are so funny!

To sum it up: “Anchorman 2″ is a sequel that I think surpasses the original! It is really funny and it gives us great comedic performances from all actors involved. “Ancorman 2″ is however not for everyone but I can say that I loved it!
  46. Apr 19, 2014
    Will Ferrell and the gang are back in a sequel that I found to be even funnier than the first. With it's politically incorrect humor and constant stream of hilarious moments, you're sure to find plenty of laughs throughout. So if you're a fan of the first this is a must, as I think it manages to be even funnier. Even if you haven't seen the first you should give this one a shot. It's aWill Ferrell and the gang are back in a sequel that I found to be even funnier than the first. With it's politically incorrect humor and constant stream of hilarious moments, you're sure to find plenty of laughs throughout. So if you're a fan of the first this is a must, as I think it manages to be even funnier. Even if you haven't seen the first you should give this one a shot. It's a constant laugh-riot. Expand
  47. Apr 4, 2014
    I really don't understand all the negative comments about this film. Simply put, if you found the first film funny you will find this funny. Many standout moments, good acting and characters. An interesting plot that moves quickly along. I admit it isn't quite as funny as the first film, for example the whole segment at the lighthouse seems odd and out of place, but there are plenty ofI really don't understand all the negative comments about this film. Simply put, if you found the first film funny you will find this funny. Many standout moments, good acting and characters. An interesting plot that moves quickly along. I admit it isn't quite as funny as the first film, for example the whole segment at the lighthouse seems odd and out of place, but there are plenty of classic one-liners here and Will Ferrell is on great form. Expand
  48. Apr 26, 2014
    This sequel takes goofy to a whole new level and for the most part it works, but sometimes it seems like it doesn't now when to stop. The story is interesting and delivers some very funny one liners.
  49. Jan 2, 2015
    I actually expected it to be less funny comparing to the original, but the sequel came out surprisingly good. Pretty much more of the same. There are a lot of characters from the first movie plus some cool cameos.
  50. Apr 1, 2014
    Most anticipated sequel because the follow-up in comedy only declines the fun parts and value of the original. The story followed as well the cast and crew from the first. It also spiced up with the cameos of high profile stars, sadly it did not long last. This story travelled even bigger and broader than the first, but the question is does it really lived up to the standards of theMost anticipated sequel because the follow-up in comedy only declines the fun parts and value of the original. The story followed as well the cast and crew from the first. It also spiced up with the cameos of high profile stars, sadly it did not long last. This story travelled even bigger and broader than the first, but the question is does it really lived up to the standards of the original?

Like the first this movie as well largely depended on Will Ferrell's role and he alone took it as far he can to make the movie from being vulnerable. Also not to forget the good support from other guys like Steve Carell, Paul Rudd et cetera. The story was not much exciting. Especially the scene with toy fish draws us out of the interest, but it was the usual route for comedies from generations. Except those frequent minor flaws, this movie excellent in all departments, including behind and in front of the camera.

A sequel after a decade of gap which lived up to the my expectations and I enjoyed it better than the people around me. I found a little hard to predict the story, especially the coming ups and it became key to satisfy me. In fact, in some parts it looked even better than the first, still lags back in other sensitive segments like bringing back the street fight. Overall, what impressed me the most was the majority of scenes that was fresh. After successful enjoying this, now I am expecting the legend to continue further more, I mean the third.
  51. Jun 20, 2014
    "If you've got an ass like the North Star, wise men are gonna want to follow it."

Alright so i already watched this movie a couple months back when it was first released but i never reviewed it and i also only watched the UNRATED version. So this time around i decided that id watch the Super Sized R Rated version and while the movie does add an extra 20 minutes they also change some scenes from the unrated version. Like in this version when Ron and the others are flipping around in the motorhome rather than it showing each one getting hurt by frying oil or a scorpion they just show Ron taking a bite out of a chimichanga upside down. While the film did have a few great parts its no where near as good as its predecessor with fewer laugh out loud moments and a underwhelming lack of quotable lines. Now i have seen a few Fan edits of movies and television shows and while i was watching this all could think about is that this movie would be seriously a lot better if someone goes around and re-edits the film so it has all the cussing this version has while some of the better moments from the other versions.

Picking up several years after the events of the first film Ron Burgundy (Will Ferrell) and Veronica Corningstone (Christina Applegate) are married and have a 7 year old child together also both are co-anchors for a top news network in New York City. After Mack Tannen (Harrison Ford) the most famous nightly news anchor reveals that he is retiring he appoints his job to Veronica while also firing Ron in the process for lack of professionalism. Ron then leaves Veronica and the story picks up six months later we see that Ron is working at a water part but is soon also fired from that job so he decided to kill himself but hilariously fails. From here we see Ron get offered a job to anchor the news again at a new start up news station called GNN so he reassembles his masterful team again and right from the start they blow up in the ratings by changing the format altering the path of news changing it into the kind of news we see nowadays.

This was actually a really awesome thing about the movie as it makes fun of the kind of news that is being shown nowadays and how its not even about real news anymore just ratings. My least favorite part of this version was the random outburst of singing simply because it wasn't funny and seemed stupid to be honest really not sure what they were thinking when adding that. Another part that was rather lame was that in this version the boss of GNN doesn't want a story to run about plane parts failing off plans as he owns a plane company so instead of saying he will stop funding the news station all he does is to entice Linda Jackson (Meagan Good) by saying that if she just lets Ron do his "thing" that she will became major famous he also tries to have sex with her.

Of course just like the last movie the best part was the epic fight between all the local news stations this time they get even more crazier with the cameo's getting top names like Liam Neeson, Jim Carrey, Will Smith, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Sacha Baron Cohen, Marion Cotillard, John C. Reilly, Vince Vaughn, Kirsten Dunst, and my least liked cameo Kanye West.... UGH!.

Overall i give it a 7.0 The team was still amazing this time around Paul Rudd was just as smooth as he was in the first, Steve Carell was just as stupid this time around but only this time he gets a girlfriend better yet its Kristen Wiig who i just absolutely love so that was great, and David Koechner who shows he is still crazy in love with Ron also James Marsden was a pleasant surprise as i didn't think he was going to be that funny but he was actually pretty good. This movie is in desperate need of a fan edit im just too lazy to do it myself.
  52. Apr 4, 2014
    I personally really enjoyed this movie. It had many of the appealing aspects of the original movie and its is sort-of sequel, wake up Ron burgundy (if you haven't seen it, look it up. Its compiled mostly of plot lines they had to throw away and different takes of the scenes from the original movie but its still pretty funny). It also had its own laugh out loud moments that had me, myI personally really enjoyed this movie. It had many of the appealing aspects of the original movie and its is sort-of sequel, wake up Ron burgundy (if you haven't seen it, look it up. Its compiled mostly of plot lines they had to throw away and different takes of the scenes from the original movie but its still pretty funny). It also had its own laugh out loud moments that had me, my friends, and the rest of the theater gasping for breath with laughter. However I do understand how this type of humor is not for everyone, not that they don't get it, just some people don't find the same kinds of things funny as other people and there is no need to look down on that. I don't think it should be called a terrible movie because i thought it was awesome, but for those who enjoyed it less, that is a personal preference that i respect. Expand
  53. May 19, 2014
    While I still can't believe I never saw it, Anchorman 1 was a comedy legend for this generation and is a fine example of how amazingly hilarious Will Ferrell is. So of course we have a sequel. Man, you can show me this movie 3 times and for the third time, I would still laugh! I haven't watched many comedies recently, but this one makes me want to watch more of them. Anchorman 2 is a greatWhile I still can't believe I never saw it, Anchorman 1 was a comedy legend for this generation and is a fine example of how amazingly hilarious Will Ferrell is. So of course we have a sequel. Man, you can show me this movie 3 times and for the third time, I would still laugh! I haven't watched many comedies recently, but this one makes me want to watch more of them. Anchorman 2 is a great and hilarious follow-up to the first film, yet still has problems that will irritate you. How's Will Ferrell in this flick? Just as awesome as you thought he would be. If you got another actor for this part, he wouldn't be so funny in these scenes. Ferrell brings a certain spice to these scenes that make them even more funny. The other characters? Yeah...about that later. How crude is the humor? It does have its fair share of crudeness, but I still laughed in so many scenes and it isn't too offensive. You may not expect this in movies like this, but Anchorman 2 has a great soundtrack. The songs are classic and so enjoyable to hear. The actual plot of the film isn't mediocre either. No, it's nothing groundbreaking, but it's better than USUAL for a comedy. Let's look at the flaws now. Remember my comment about the other characters? They don't bring enough to the table as much as Ferrell does. I didn't feel like their lines were as funny, nor did I care about them. Also, in the third act of the movie, the movie starts to slow down. It barely has any funny jokes in that final third, so thank God the first two thirds are amazing. Flaws aside, Anchorman 2 is laugh out loud funny. I will remember these hilarious jokes for a long time. Expand
  54. Apr 20, 2014
    This movie is perfect. It's a great story and is possibly the funniest film I've seen. The entire cast is great and I couldn't stop laughing the entire time.
  55. May 5, 2014
    WilemDafoeJesus aprouve this movie ahgdiavgdfahsudhasvbdhagsdhagsdhasdhggasdhgashdagsdtaghdahsgdhaghasgd hell yeah **** steve carrel and ****brasileiros

1. Reviewed by: Andrew O'Hehir
    Dec 20, 2013
    This is the kind of movie where most people know what they want and are pretty sure what they will get, that being “more of the same, please.”
  2. Reviewed by: Ty Burr
    Dec 19, 2013
    While Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues is a disappointment — how could it not be? — it’s not for lack of trying. If anything, the movie tries too hard.
  3. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    Dec 19, 2013
    Anchorman 2 is more like SNL in the sharper years (1995–2002), when McKay was a writer and Ferrell one of the Not Ready for Prime Time Players. Expect no more and you should be satisfied. Wine connoisseurs would call this a new Burgundy with an old bouquet.