7.6

1. Oct 28, 2012
    I really can't fathom why a movie like this is popular. It's just Will Ferrell saying stupid things in a tone he considers to be comedic. If you can shut off your brain for 90 minutes, this might be enjoyable, but if you prefer to laugh at movies that are written with wit and intelligence, you might want to stay away from this one. It is one of the most overrated comedies of the 21stI really can't fathom why a movie like this is popular. It's just Will Ferrell saying stupid things in a tone he considers to be comedic. If you can shut off your brain for 90 minutes, this might be enjoyable, but if you prefer to laugh at movies that are written with wit and intelligence, you might want to stay away from this one. It is one of the most overrated comedies of the 21st century, as well as one of the worst. I think this sort of act from Will Ferrell was popular when this movie came out, but now I think people are starting to get sick of it, and I can't imagine the sequel getting good reviews. I could find the same level of intelligent humor on Nickelodeon or The Cartoon Network, just not as crude. I wouldn't mind the crudeness if it were actually funny or clever, but this movie was far from that. I didn't laugh one time. I'd like to sit down with someone who found this movie funny, and ask them to explain the humor in every joke. Thinking about the jokes in a great comedy causes those jokes to flourish, and the value of the humor increases. Try to dissect each moment of purported humor in this movie, and you will truly find nobody home. Expand
  2. Sep 1, 2014
    Despite overwhelming praise for Anchorman over the past ten years, I still have little appreciation for this "comic" flick. Will Ferrell is Will Ferrell and nothing more. His unfunny antics are just as present here as they are in every other disappointing Ferrell flick.
  3. boolooloo
    Mar 16, 2009
    Between my 3 friends at school and me we have seen this 43 times. Brilliance from Adam Mckay.
  4. MarkJ.
    Mar 30, 2007
    Terrible! Boring! I thought this movie woul be fun to watch, but it was total crap!
  5. Jan 29, 2014
    One of the best comedies ever made! Will Ferrell at his very best! This is one of those movies I will never get tired of no matter how many times I watch it
  6. ratethismovie
    Aug 14, 2009
    It has its moments where you'll laugh but at the end of the day it's a pretty bad movie. Most of the humor is based on the characters behaving really stupid and loud. Throughout the movie it felt like my IQ was going down. If you like over the top humor which would amuse 8 year olds then you'll like it, but if you like humor to have a bit of depth and sophistication to it, It has its moments where you'll laugh but at the end of the day it's a pretty bad movie. Most of the humor is based on the characters behaving really stupid and loud. Throughout the movie it felt like my IQ was going down. If you like over the top humor which would amuse 8 year olds then you'll like it, but if you like humor to have a bit of depth and sophistication to it, then look elsewhere. Expand
  7. AndrewH
    Nov 22, 2005
    Old School was funny, and Elf was enjoyable enough to watch twice. This, on the other hand, is an insipid waste of time. If you laugh at this, you'll laugh at anything.
  8. AshishC.
    Feb 5, 2005
    Hard to believe the studios allowed such a hackneyed script to be made into a film.. it is targeted at the lowest common denominator of mankind.
  9. MatthewL.
    Aug 1, 2006
    I thought this film was terrible. I was so disappointed b/c it looked really funny. It felt more like a long, interminable sketch originally rejected by the producers of "Saturday Night Live", instead of a movie. Will Ferrell tries way too hard in this film that made me want to change the channel. It was dumb, but not funny. Will Ferrell, you let me down so much with "Elf", but I thought this film was terrible. I was so disappointed b/c it looked really funny. It felt more like a long, interminable sketch originally rejected by the producers of "Saturday Night Live", instead of a movie. Will Ferrell tries way too hard in this film that made me want to change the channel. It was dumb, but not funny. Will Ferrell, you let me down so much with "Elf", but you've let me down even more with this terrible film. 1 star out of four. Grade: D Expand
  10. Oct 18, 2010
    Quotable and superb comedy. I'm not the biggest fan of Will Ferrel but this is one of the few movies where he pulls it out of the bag for me. 'Gonna find my baby,gonna hold her tight, gonna get some afternoon delight'.
  11. Jan 20, 2013
    This is a very funny movie, one of Will Ferrell's best. It also has tons of other hollywood funny men as either main characters or a hilarious cameo. There's really not much else to say, as you can see by the score it's a great comedy and one that I recommend.
  12. Aug 18, 2012
    For me, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy is pretty much the funniest film of all time. It's an eternal classic that never gets old and has the type of quotes that stay with you for life and enter your daily vernacular. Get your friends round, watch this movie as a group... comedy heaven!
  13. Apr 28, 2011
    A truly hilarious movie from start to finish. I must have seen this film at least 10 times and never have I found it boring. This is largely because Anchorman contains some classic quotes and great performances, with a large number of enjoyable cameos. The film never degenerates into a period where the laughs dry up, unlike many other Will Ferrell movies, and is a masterpiece of comedy.
  14. Aug 12, 2013
    In Anchorman first time director Adam McKay really makes the most of the fantastic talent at his disposal that includes the likes of Steve Carell, Paul Rudd and of course Will Ferrell as Ron Burgundy in what must surely still be his most memorable role to date. Never taking itself too seriously this is a movie that celebrates being ridiculously over the top yet always maintains a pinpointIn Anchorman first time director Adam McKay really makes the most of the fantastic talent at his disposal that includes the likes of Steve Carell, Paul Rudd and of course Will Ferrell as Ron Burgundy in what must surely still be his most memorable role to date. Never taking itself too seriously this is a movie that celebrates being ridiculously over the top yet always maintains a pinpoint sense of comic timing to keep the laughs coming.

A must see for fans of films like Austin Powers and The Hangover.
  15. May 19, 2011
    Adam McKay. Need I say more? This movie is my favorite comedy of all time. I loved every moment of it. Is it inappropriate, and crude humor? YES. Is it one of the most quotable movies of all time? YES. This (imo) is Will Ferrell's best film. I still watch it religiously. Should you see this movie? YES. But I am not you.
  16. Jun 17, 2011
    A fantastic comedy film. It is incredibly funny, and well acted. The writing is brilliant, as is the premise. There are at least 7 moments for which I was laughing uncontrollably. It is easily the best collaboration between McKay and Ferrell, and a great movie all around.
  17. j30
    Sep 20, 2011
    Probably the funniest movie of the decade. Will Ferrell plays his funniest character to date. It just puts a stupid smile on your face. It has that unique quality of repeatably, where you can watch this over and over and not get sick of it.
  18. May 31, 2012
    Its much funnier than Talladega Nights and theres a better cast here. Will Ferrell has rarely been better and the story, while sloppy in its construction, is very memorable.
  19. Dec 12, 2011
    The movie starts off hilariously perfect but the last 45 mins or so of the film are just so terrible and poorly writting that it ruins the good experiance that you had before it. Far too long imo and that hurt the film big time.
  20. Nov 30, 2011
    how the hell is this only a 7.1?! This was easily Will Ferells best movie and you people that comment with no sense of humor always screw it up! This movie was great btw. I say 10!
  21. Jun 5, 2012
    Such a great film. I had no idea that San Diego was discovered by Germans.....Will ferrel stars as a Anchorman for Channel 4 news, he has a happy life living with his dog Baxter. Until a new woman journalist comes in. This film was funny, smart and well though through. Steve carrel was especially good in this film.
  22. Dec 26, 2011
    Quite possibly the most quotable movie of all time. "They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time." You don't have a sense of humor if you don't laugh in this.
  23. Feb 29, 2012
    A ton of hilarious parts in the film but the last 45 mins or so were incredibly stupid and ruined the first half of the film for me. Its still a funny comedy though so I guess it makes up for it.
  24. Nov 2, 2013
    Officially cemented itself on my Favourite Comedies of All Time list. Ferrell is at his comedic best and the ensemble cast including a few uncredited cameos just bring it up even higher. Some lame jokes in one or two places that felt a little forced but ultimately, its a comedic excellence.
  25. Apr 2, 2012
    Anchorman is an extrememely funny film with great acting by everyone. Through incorporating an array of different personalties into the film, it creates a pleasurable and enjoyable atmosphere. One of the best comedies in years.
  26. Apr 26, 2014
    Anchorman is funny as hell, and it one of the more memorable straight up comedies. With great one liners and an actual story that isn't repulsive or ridiculously cliché it is hard not to enjoy.
  27. Mar 31, 2012
    Will Farrell is always funny. In this he is hilarious. It is pretty inappropriate. Irections and much more. If you like dogs you will see one fall of a bridge.
  28. Dec 27, 2013
    A movie of epic ridiculousness, Anchorman is a comedy that has many peaks and valleys in its hilariousness. While many of the jokes do fall flat, there is no denying that this film goes to extraordinary lengths of stupidity to deliver them, which almost makes me admire it. If there is one thing Anchorman is not guilty of though it is not being memorable. Even the scenes I did not like asA movie of epic ridiculousness, Anchorman is a comedy that has many peaks and valleys in its hilariousness. While many of the jokes do fall flat, there is no denying that this film goes to extraordinary lengths of stupidity to deliver them, which almost makes me admire it. If there is one thing Anchorman is not guilty of though it is not being memorable. Even the scenes I did not like as much still stuck in my mind, but luckily there were more good ones than bad that made this film well worth watching from start to finish. Expand
  29. JayW.
    Jul 10, 2004
    Raunchy, stupid, no redeeming value. An embarrassment to all involved and particularly to the critics, who must have seen a different movie of the same name.
  30. JanetK
    Aug 14, 2005
    This movie should be a cult classic like Rocky Horror! We should be going to see it at midnight showings for 20+years. Shout it from a mountain top!
  31. Matt
    Jul 10, 2004
    I laughed almost continuously throughout this movie, and was still laughing afterwards. A few dull moments and unfunny jokes, but the hits, imo, heavily outweighed the misses. If you keep in mind the sheer idiocy of the thing, I think you'll have an ok time . . .
  32. JohnnyT.
    Jul 12, 2004
    Farrell's embrace of the absurd non-sequitor is at it's best here. I was in tears at least twice. This will go down as a classic of its genre.
  33. DannyM.
    Jul 8, 2004
    Will Ferrell has done it again and is great in this movie. His bizarre over the edge comedy that we all know and love is in every turn of this movie. Steven Carell and David Koechner are awsome as well.
  34. BurtonM.
    Jan 12, 2005
    Another comedy masterpiece from will farrel. Hilarious. Especially if you are old enough to remember the 70's.
  35. LAha
    Jan 10, 2005
    One of the best movies I've seen in a while. Will Farrell is absolutely amazing in a role that he was born to play!
  36. TeddyG
    Jan 6, 2005
    Underrated Ferrel vehicle significantly funnier than "Elf" or "Dodgeball," I think it has a few moments better than "Old School," despite its occasional descent into not-funny stupid. (i.e. the fight scene)
  37. MarcusM
    Feb 7, 2005
    A halarious movie packed with witty lines and cool characters. The cameos are great too! Hands down, Will Farrell is one of the funniest men alive.
  38. Jake
    Aug 4, 2005
    If you hate this show because it's dumb, pull your head out. News Flash, it's supposed to be. It's not supposed to be a damn artsie film. It made me laugh more than any movie in a long time, so it deserves a 10!
  39. FrankO.
    Jan 25, 2006
    Very funny movie but what should you expect with Will Ferrell in it; plotline and characters got a little old after awhile..interesting concept and a retro look at television news.
  40. FrancoH.
    Aug 2, 2006
    It's Anchorman! It's on Bravo's top 100 funniest movies of all-time! So that must mean something.
  41. AlansitoP.
    Jul 11, 2004
    It was a very entertaining and funny movie. kids will love it!!
  42. PatrickM.
    Jul 10, 2004
    At its best, this film is one of the funniest movies in a long time. The guys from the Daily Show are great. Don't even need to mention Ferrell, who is almost funny standing in one place doing nothing. Unfortunately, at it's worst, it's not very awe-inspiring, especially the ending which seemed like a huge force. And please tell me why Chris Parnell has work. He has to be At its best, this film is one of the funniest movies in a long time. The guys from the Daily Show are great. Don't even need to mention Ferrell, who is almost funny standing in one place doing nothing. Unfortunately, at it's worst, it's not very awe-inspiring, especially the ending which seemed like a huge force. And please tell me why Chris Parnell has work. He has to be the worst SNL guy. He's so unfunny and lame. Don't get me wrong, though. It's very funny from beginning to before end. KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS. Expand
  43. KellyM.
    Jul 12, 2004
    Andrew L. gives good advice. I didn't find the opening credits to be funny at all (I didn't hear anyone else laughing either), and it didn't get any better after that. It was the kind of comedy you watch and try to laugh because you know it's supposed to be funny, but it just isn't. Without Steve Carrell I would rate it -10. And I think I've seen more than Andrew L. gives good advice. I didn't find the opening credits to be funny at all (I didn't hear anyone else laughing either), and it didn't get any better after that. It was the kind of comedy you watch and try to laugh because you know it's supposed to be funny, but it just isn't. Without Steve Carrell I would rate it -10. And I think I've seen more than enough newscasters who read whatever is on the teleprompter jokes. Enough with that already. Expand
  44. MarkB.
    Jul 12, 2004
    Another summer comedy goulash, which like Dodgeball, is a sometimes hilarious but often disconcerting, spaghetti-on-the-wall farrago of undeveloped comic ideas, left-field riffs that belong in another movie (or none at all) and just plain sloppy writing. Will Farrell's anything-goes performance is part of the problem; I suspect that since he and the director wrote the script, Another summer comedy goulash, which like Dodgeball, is a sometimes hilarious but often disconcerting, spaghetti-on-the-wall farrago of undeveloped comic ideas, left-field riffs that belong in another movie (or none at all) and just plain sloppy writing. Will Farrell's anything-goes performance is part of the problem; I suspect that since he and the director wrote the script, everyone involved thought that everything in it was pure comic gold that didn't have to be edited or rewritten. Wrong! At its best, Anchorman's satire (mostly early on) comes close to the truth; the old-boy network of local news broadcasting in the 1970s; the emphasis on "happy news" as real news, etc; but by the time we get to the street brawl between 5 different news anchor teams (which admittedly I DID giggle at) all sense of comic cohesion is clearly in danger, and by the time the panda gives birth all is hopelessly lost. Worst of all is the immediate romance between sexist boob Burgundy and a smart, capable newswoman; it could've worked if allowed to happen GRADUALLY, but the fact that she falls for and sleeps with him overnight (especially after being understandably repulsed by his and his buddies' crude come-ons) cheapens her character. Perhaps this is why the usually capable Christina Applegate gives such an ineffective, frozen-in-the-headlights performance; she simply has no clue HOW to play this woman. All in all, as goofy 1970s TV newsmen go, Ted Knight as The Mary Tyler Moore Show's Ted Baxter (whom this movie's writers are at least classy enough to pay tribute to) is still king: six months from now, I'll still be smiling over his on-air improvisation of a Ty-D-Bowl commercial, or his asking Walter Cronkite what words he has trouble pronouncing, or his sticking his foot out to trip a rival newsman as he steps forward to receive an award, long after Ron Burgundy's Legend has mostly been forgotten. Expand
  45. MandyL
    Jul 10, 2004
    Sexist uninspired trollip, this movie was overall funny in many places but not-too-great story.
  46. GregA
    Jul 12, 2004
    I can't believe that some people liked this movie - it was just terrible. I love Will Ferrell, but a bunch of monkies could have written a better script. This was a total dissapointment.
  47. BrianK.
    Jul 12, 2004
    This movie is easily one of the funniest movies i've seen EVER!!! Will Ferrell is the funniest i've ever seen him!!
  48. BenZ.
    Jul 16, 2004
    Best comedy of the year, no question. While alot of the jokes are of the "so stupid its funny" calibur, there is alot of genuinly funny material here as well. This film was almost non-stop with its humor which was a wise choice.
  49. LoriS.
    Jul 17, 2004
    Where have all the comedy writers gone? There was nothing clever or funny about this movie. Juvenile antics at best. A total waste of time.
  50. EricY.
    Jul 23, 2004
    There were some funny parts, but you had to force yourself to stay awake just to get to them. I love Will Ferrell's work, but I expected more than this.
  51. LiamS.
    Jul 20, 2004
    This movie was disappointing but not a total waste. Nowhere near as clever as "Old School", the movie plods from scene to scene without any clear direction, and without many laughs. The characters are largely lifeless, with some rare exceptions (the weather guy is hilarious.) The beginning and end of the film are terrible...so terrible that I felt my IQ levels dropping by the second that This movie was disappointing but not a total waste. Nowhere near as clever as "Old School", the movie plods from scene to scene without any clear direction, and without many laughs. The characters are largely lifeless, with some rare exceptions (the weather guy is hilarious.) The beginning and end of the film are terrible...so terrible that I felt my IQ levels dropping by the second that I was watching this film. The middle of the movie, however, is somewhat clever. One line in particular "Do like the Romans..." made me laugh so hard I nearly peed my pants. Hence the rating of "5" for this movie. Some good things, some bad. Not up to usual Wil Ferrell standards. Expand
  52. LebnY.
    Jul 31, 2004
    This movie had funny moments, but it lacked humor in some parts. Will Ferrell is funny, but he could have been hilarious.
  53. IfferS.
    Jul 9, 2004
    The only more effective sedative than Ron Burgundy is Nyquil. Do not bother with this film. It is stunningly horrible. Don't get snookered by the hype. Nothing to see here. Move along.
  54. AlanL.
    Aug 2, 2004
    Bad. Really, really bad. The only reason it didn't get a 0 from me is because the outtake reel is really funny. However, the rest of the film is tedious to the point of being painful. I don't know who in Hollywood decided Will Farrell is funny, but I strongly disagree. He wasn't funny on SNL, and isn't funny in movies. About the only thing I took from this movie is a Bad. Really, really bad. The only reason it didn't get a 0 from me is because the outtake reel is really funny. However, the rest of the film is tedious to the point of being painful. I don't know who in Hollywood decided Will Farrell is funny, but I strongly disagree. He wasn't funny on SNL, and isn't funny in movies. About the only thing I took from this movie is a sense of disappointment that some truly talented comedic actors (Applegate, Carell, and Willard) made the bad choice to appear in this dud. Expand
  55. Willferrellover
    Aug 6, 2004
    AMAZING. The jokes were hilarious i think this movie was as good as pokemon heroes!
  56. MitchM.
    Jan 10, 2005
    The film really nails things like Ron's hair, his clothes, his arching eyebrow, period details, and the artifice of his personna. The rest of it is all rather flat. ELF is a far superior vehicle for WF. (yawn)
  57. CalamariJ.
    Jan 7, 2005
    A really funny movie with many cool cameos. Christina Applegate is spot on with her acting. Ferell and her have a great chemistry which makes this movie so damn funny.
  58. LouisS
    Jan 8, 2005
    This was awful. Worst film I've ever watched!!!
  59. TylerN.
    Jan 9, 2005
    Suprisingly funny. Anchorman may have some slow and unnecessary sequences but other than that it is pretty much Will Farrell material. Not only is it funny, but it also one of the few movies I enjoy seeing more than once.
  60. BrianO.
    Apr 12, 2005
    The first time I watched Anchorman I would have given it a 6. But the more you talk about it and watch it with your friends, the funnier it becomes! Its definately a quotable movie. If you didnt like it at first, I suggest watching it with a group of friends because.."Sixty percent of the time, it works EVERY time"
  61. Mr.B
    Jul 9, 2005
    As far as comedy goes, this is pretty funny. Not the best, but worth adding to you dvd collection. If you put too much thought into it, its not going to be a perfect movie, but who really cares, it succeeds in entertaining and making you laugh. Anyone who gives this a 1 should get a life and lighten up!
  62. JohnR.
    Oct 11, 2006
    Will Ferrell is hilarious once again. The man is good. I mean really good. The movie is filled with so many great quotes that no one can help but use in their everyday life. Two thumbs way up for this masterpiece.
  63. RobP.
    Mar 30, 2006
    If i could have given this movie a 11 then i would have in the blink of an eye! First saw the movie over a year ago and me and my mates still laugh and make quotes from it today. Pure genius!
  64. MikeH.
    Jul 10, 2006
    I thought Anchorman was great, and the movie is incessantly replayable. Typical comedy cliches are turned inside out and made original and the casting is inspired. There seem to be a fair few negative reviews, I guess the irony of the entire film was lost on some. To each to his own i suppose.
  65. FelixQ.
    Jul 25, 2006
    I expected so much more. We have some comedic geniuses thrown together here, and I expected big bangs. IT didn't suck, despite the presence of Christina Applegate, which is saying something. I've said this before, and I'll say it again: if you're going to make a movie this specialized, grab the niche and own it. The problem I have with this is that it almost feels like I expected so much more. We have some comedic geniuses thrown together here, and I expected big bangs. IT didn't suck, despite the presence of Christina Applegate, which is saying something. I've said this before, and I'll say it again: if you're going to make a movie this specialized, grab the niche and own it. The problem I have with this is that it almost feels like the film makers did try to do this, but fell short. It's one thing to miss that mark because of reservations, but to shoot the moon and collapse on take off is just plain embarassing. There are some cute moments- the accapella quartet was quite nice, as was the Monty Pythn like hacking of Luke Wilson's limbs. Over all, though, I was disappointed. And for heaven's sake, don't hide all the pretty-ness that is Paul Rudd under a moustache! Expand
  66. JoshuaS.
    Aug 11, 2006
    Really, if you want brilliant, surreal, euphoric comedy you have this movie or "Pootytang" in the last, dunno, ten....twenty years? This movie is so chock full of jokes....jokes jokes jokes....than it feels limitless. I love knowing that the film makers loved making the movie and did it with balls confidence but no arrogance. But I love even more knowing those things just by watching the Really, if you want brilliant, surreal, euphoric comedy you have this movie or "Pootytang" in the last, dunno, ten....twenty years? This movie is so chock full of jokes....jokes jokes jokes....than it feels limitless. I love knowing that the film makers loved making the movie and did it with balls confidence but no arrogance. But I love even more knowing those things just by watching the movie. Joy and adventure drips from every scene, every cast member right down to the "Smells like a turd wrapped in burt hair." person. Expand
  67. TinaS.
    Aug 4, 2006
    hilarious...absolutley hystarical.
  68. TyJ.
    Feb 20, 2007
    Funniest movie of recent times, and, upon further reflection, we can see a glimmer of what the 70's were like, gender equality struggles, and I think we can all see a bit of ourselves in the sweet, although conceited, Ron Burgundy as played by Will Ferrell.
  69. aimee
    Jan 22, 2008
    This film is hilarious, will farrel is one funny man, I could watch this film over and over and it would never get old. Two phumbs up.
  70. MattF
    Dec 29, 2004
    My rating for this movie is very simple. If you like Will Ferrel, you will love this movie. If you don't, then I would avoid it.
  71. SteveW
    Jul 10, 2004
    This movie was terrible. It had no definition. What, exactly was Ferrell supposed to be...dumb, arrogant, suave? Applegate was horrible, some of the worst acting ever. She could not have been worse. And save the lame "it's supposed to be stupid." My problem isn't that jokes are stupid, its that they are dumb. They wasted Carell, really badly too. A travesty on all counts.
  72. CameronS.
    Jul 10, 2004
    HILARIOUS MOVIE! Great acting by all the cast, Very stupid but hilarious movie.
  73. JohnQ.
    Jul 11, 2004
    Pretty much a big waste of talent.
  74. Robert
    Jul 11, 2004
    I was laughing so hard I cried through much of this movie. I agree that there are a few less funny scenes, that this movie certainly isn't for those looking to see something serious, and that some scenes were a bit over the top (battle of the new teams?) The vast majority of the movie was hilarious, however, and I would strongly recommend it to anyone who doesn't dislike I was laughing so hard I cried through much of this movie. I agree that there are a few less funny scenes, that this movie certainly isn't for those looking to see something serious, and that some scenes were a bit over the top (battle of the new teams?) The vast majority of the movie was hilarious, however, and I would strongly recommend it to anyone who doesn't dislike slapstick too much. Expand
  75. PaulA.
    Jul 10, 2004
    Since I have two advanced degrees I think I am qualified to make the following assessment: people who took the time to criticize this movie for being dumb are highly insecure, dumb, or both. Though not exactly brimming with Oscar Wilde repartee, Will Ferrell does have this habit of skewering the braggadocious-- something that our self-centered culture could use in regular doses. And if Since I have two advanced degrees I think I am qualified to make the following assessment: people who took the time to criticize this movie for being dumb are highly insecure, dumb, or both. Though not exactly brimming with Oscar Wilde repartee, Will Ferrell does have this habit of skewering the braggadocious-- something that our self-centered culture could use in regular doses. And if that's not redeeming value enough for you, you undoubtedly didn't stick around after the credits for the sing-along which explicitly spells out all the life lessons the principal characters learned. I hear all the comedies have them these days. Expand
  76. S.Smyles
    Jul 12, 2004
    If you can laugh at Saturday Night Live than you will like this movie. It is just plain dumb laughter. I have always enjoyed Will Ferrell so I enjoyed this flick. The second best thing about this movie is the cameo's that pop up in it. Which is is really cool if you weren't told before hand who they are. Lastly, the entire theater was laughing so it seems that stupid humor is If you can laugh at Saturday Night Live than you will like this movie. It is just plain dumb laughter. I have always enjoyed Will Ferrell so I enjoyed this flick. The second best thing about this movie is the cameo's that pop up in it. Which is is really cool if you weren't told before hand who they are. Lastly, the entire theater was laughing so it seems that stupid humor is what people need right now. So, if you need a break from reality then by all means hand over the $$, and you will come out of the theater with a smile on your face. Expand
  77. RobG.
    Jul 14, 2004
    A comedy that doesn't forget it's a comedy. Too many SNL alums make movies that 'go Sandler' as my friends and I say; that is, they go soft and sentimental and there's no jokes in the last half hour. This one doesn't let off for a second.
  78. KatieP.
    Jul 14, 2004
    The first 10 minutes suck. But after that, the movie gets great. Don't see this film if you expect anything more than a poor plot and mediocre acting. It's meant to be a comedy like an SNL skit, and that's exactly what it is. Hilarious.
  79. MikeC.
    Jul 15, 2004
    I've never been a fan of any movie that Will Ferrel was the main character in. Oddly enough though I loved Ferrel, just the chemistry wasnt right between his character and the storyline. The first time I loved a movie with him being the star was Elf. I was so happy a character just fit him so perfectly. It happened again in this movie. When I looked at Ron Burgundy I didnt see Will I've never been a fan of any movie that Will Ferrel was the main character in. Oddly enough though I loved Ferrel, just the chemistry wasnt right between his character and the storyline. The first time I loved a movie with him being the star was Elf. I was so happy a character just fit him so perfectly. It happened again in this movie. When I looked at Ron Burgundy I didnt see Will Ferrel. I saw Ron Burgundy. I went into this movie with expecations that I would laugh every couple minutes. But for the full 90 I was in tears. Great movie. Expand
  80. BradA
    Jul 17, 2004
    The best comedy I have seen since Dumb and Dumber! Much better than Dodgeball, and by far the best Will Farrell movie ever!
  81. BR
    Jul 18, 2004
    Intentionally cheesy & funny as hell. Ferrell had me in tears. The cameos were a nice touch too. Stay for the out-takes as well!
  82. SeanB
    Jul 22, 2004
    Critics are pretty clueless when it comes to comedies. This movie is VERY stupid and most of the time makes no sense. I was expecting a lot more, but still good for a few laughs.
  83. Brian
    Jul 27, 2004
    I found it hilarious. Of course, I am 26 years old and the target demographic for this type of comedy, so take that into consideration. It really has no plot and probably no socially redeeming qualities. So? I laughed so hard I cried a couple times. It is so absurd you have to laugh, and if you don't, well I actually feel sorry for you, because there is nothing serious in this movie. I found it hilarious. Of course, I am 26 years old and the target demographic for this type of comedy, so take that into consideration. It really has no plot and probably no socially redeeming qualities. So? I laughed so hard I cried a couple times. It is so absurd you have to laugh, and if you don't, well I actually feel sorry for you, because there is nothing serious in this movie. I would say the jokes themselves could stand alone without the paper thin story and the whole experience would not have suffered. And it was a very entertaining experience. Go Will Ferrell!! Keep making stupid comedies that people think they are too good for!! I love em! Expand
  84. DaveH.
    Jul 30, 2004
    This movie was painfully boring. i may have cracked a smile once but other than that it was an hour and a half of wondering why i paid $9.50 to be bored. im not sure who would find this movie funny if i, a fifteen year old boy, found the humor stupid, crude, and immature.
  85. HeathD.
    Jul 9, 2004
    This was more like a will farrell comedy exhibition than a movie.
  86. NickR.
    Aug 19, 2004
    Even though this movie had a horrible plot, it was hilarious. It started off slow, but then sped up a lot.
  87. MikeN.
    Aug 5, 2004
    Dull, disappointing, and just plain not funny. Did any thought go into the making of this piece of crap? Do yourself a favor and go see something else.
  88. YanaS.
    Aug 5, 2004
    Horrible!!! After so much hype about this movie i can say that none of it was true. Will Ferrell was stupid and everyone else in the cast was no better. I kept thinking it would get better, but unfortunetly it never did. Like others said: Painfully boring!!! and overall stupid the laughs just arent there.
  89. HarrisonB.
    Aug 8, 2004
    I thought Anchorman was going to be real funny. It was. Yet, there were a few stupid parts in it. Will Ferrel was very good, and I thought Steven Carell was the most hilarious. Okay, but it needs less crude humor.
  90. NavinR
    Jan 12, 2005
    This is a terrible movie unless you are a Will Ferrel lover.
  91. PeterJ.
    Jan 21, 2005
    A good solid comedy. Not Will Ferrell at his best, but a very good performance nonetheless.
  92. BorisG.
    Jan 21, 2005
    Pure genius!! Anchorman incorporates a diverse range of comedic techniques which provides the audience with constant laughter and entertainment. Through incorporating an array of different personalties into the film, it creates a pleasurable and enjoyable atmosphere.
  93. Matt
    Jan 25, 2005
    How can you not love this movie?! Hysterically funny, GREAT quotes! The next Zoolander.
  94. bm
    Jan 26, 2005
    Delightful!
  95. DaveM.
    Jan 7, 2005
    This film was not as funny as I had hoped it would be but was still worth seeing. The scene in the jazz club was priceless!
  96. ArthurO.
    Feb 23, 2005
    Saw this a long time ago, but I need to say something. This movie is awesome, its too bad that people like ashish and most critics cannot laugh at these great, stupid comedies. That's why brain-dead movies like Million Dollar Baby are up for an Oscar. For those of you who like to actually laugh while watching a movie, pick this up if you haven't already.
  97. KevinE.
    Feb 7, 2005
    Slop. I kept waiting for it to rise above 'Bio Dome' stature but it just wouldn't. Finally pulled the plug after the umpteenth ploppy floppy dud of a go-nowhere punchline delivered by - take your pick (= to about 18 minutes into this bomb).
  98. JimW.
    Apr 4, 2005
    This movie was so bad. I didn't laugh a single time. I love stupid comedies (Airplane, Dumb and Dumber, etc) but this moive was just terrible. What version of the 70's did they live in, anyway? The video Sabatoge by the Beastie Boys looks more like the 70's than this hunk of shit. Avoid it at all cost.
  99. JoelA.
    Jul 18, 2005
    The best movie... How can you not love it?!
  100. RodDog
    Aug 29, 2005
    The entire cast is hillarious is this fun filled 70's theme movie.

1. Wonderfully silly all the time.
  2. Ferrell, of course, has his moments. But he doesn't have an engaging "center" as a comedian.
  3. I can't help but feel that a funny movie was waiting to be unearthed amid all this self-congratulation and juvenile prankishness.