7.3

1. Oct 28, 2012
    I really can't fathom why a movie like this is popular. It's just Will Ferrell saying stupid things in a tone he considers to be comedic. If you can shut off your brain for 90 minutes, this might be enjoyable, but if you prefer to laugh at movies that are written with wit and intelligence, you might want to stay away from this one. It is one of the most overrated comedies of the 21stI really can't fathom why a movie like this is popular. It's just Will Ferrell saying stupid things in a tone he considers to be comedic. If you can shut off your brain for 90 minutes, this might be enjoyable, but if you prefer to laugh at movies that are written with wit and intelligence, you might want to stay away from this one. It is one of the most overrated comedies of the 21st century, as well as one of the worst. I think this sort of act from Will Ferrell was popular when this movie came out, but now I think people are starting to get sick of it, and I can't imagine the sequel getting good reviews. I could find the same level of intelligent humor on Nickelodeon or The Cartoon Network, just not as crude. I wouldn't mind the crudeness if it were actually funny or clever, but this movie was far from that. I didn't laugh one time. I'd like to sit down with someone who found this movie funny, and ask them to explain the humor in every joke. Thinking about the jokes in a great comedy causes those jokes to flourish, and the value of the humor increases. Try to dissect each moment of purported humor in this movie, and you will truly find nobody home. Expand
  2. Sep 1, 2014
    Despite overwhelming praise for Anchorman over the past ten years, I still have little appreciation for this "comic" flick. Will Ferrell is Will Ferrell and nothing more. His unfunny antics are just as present here as they are in every other disappointing Ferrell flick.
  3. Mar 9, 2014
    Saw the positive reviews and watched the movie. Was really disappointing, it's like a trash movie just for comedy, you should probably be high to enjoy it, ir I don't know, maybe it's just not my kind of humor, as even South Park/Family Guy has a higher standard.
  4. Dec 12, 2013
    I was expecting this to be a hilarious Will Ferrel driven film, but instead only had a few laughs and didn't hold up as well as I thought it would. Could have also made more use of the other characters.

1. Wonderfully silly all the time.
  2. Ferrell, of course, has his moments. But he doesn't have an engaging "center" as a comedian.
  3. I can't help but feel that a funny movie was waiting to be unearthed amid all this self-congratulation and juvenile prankishness.