DreamWorks Distribution | Release Date: July 9, 2004
8.1
Universal acclaim based on 415 Ratings
WATCH NOW
spadenxDec 12, 2011
The movie starts off hilariously perfect but the last 45 mins or so of the film are just so terrible and poorly writting that it ruins the good experiance that you had before it. Far too long imo and that hurt the film big time.
KaptainHutchinoDec 12, 2013
I was expecting this to be a hilarious Will Ferrel driven film, but instead only had a few laughs and didn't hold up as well as I thought it would. Could have also made more use of the other characters.
ratethismovieAug 14, 2009
It has its moments where you'll laugh but at the end of the day it's a pretty bad movie. Most of the humor is based on the characters behaving really stupid and loud. Throughout the movie it felt like my IQ was going down. If you It has its moments where you'll laugh but at the end of the day it's a pretty bad movie. Most of the humor is based on the characters behaving really stupid and loud. Throughout the movie it felt like my IQ was going down. If you like over the top humor which would amuse 8 year olds then you'll like it, but if you like humor to have a bit of depth and sophistication to it, then look elsewhere. Expand
1 of 6 users found this helpful
FelixQ.Jul 25, 2006
I expected so much more. We have some comedic geniuses thrown together here, and I expected big bangs. IT didn't suck, despite the presence of Christina Applegate, which is saying something. I've said this before, and I'll say I expected so much more. We have some comedic geniuses thrown together here, and I expected big bangs. IT didn't suck, despite the presence of Christina Applegate, which is saying something. I've said this before, and I'll say it again: if you're going to make a movie this specialized, grab the niche and own it. The problem I have with this is that it almost feels like the film makers did try to do this, but fell short. It's one thing to miss that mark because of reservations, but to shoot the moon and collapse on take off is just plain embarassing. There are some cute moments- the accapella quartet was quite nice, as was the Monty Pythn like hacking of Luke Wilson's limbs. Over all, though, I was disappointed. And for heaven's sake, don't hide all the pretty-ness that is Paul Rudd under a moustache! Expand
ClintT.Mar 1, 2008
It
FraserW.Mar 12, 2006
When i aw tis i was laughing so hard in the theater that i almost got kicked out even though the story line looks like it came out of a cows but i enjoyed the hell out of it... Overall: B-
Bruce722Dec 28, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In typical Will Ferrell fashion, Anchorman combines childish and over-the-top humor with very crude and profane humor and delivers some really funny scenes. Where the film fails to deliver, however, is in anything remotely resembling a well developing plot. A anchorman is on top of the world, gets intimidated when his girlfriend becomes his co-anchor, gets fired for being an idiot, hits rock bottom, and then gets rehired after saving the day. There, that's the entire movie. The other 90 of the 94 minutes is the humor I was referring to. If you don't mind it, you'll find some laughs and probably find the film a worthwhile watch. If not, you'll likely wish you could get back that hour and a half. Personally, I find myself somewhere in the middle, but leaning more towards finding the laughs worthwhile. It's a good movie to watch and laugh at with friends, that's about it. Expand
FR52Dec 4, 2013
Really???
Really???
It seems like the intention of this movie is being an ironic comedy. But to do it, the director makes a retarded and bad movie with some nonsense things... It is a little strange for me to see a movie being intentionally bad. But that's what happened. I just laughed 2 or 3 times in the movie, and it was only because the scene was extremely retarded.
Not recommended at all.
IMAX500May 21, 2014
Some of the characters are kind of dumb. Brick is really not a normal guy in the movie. If he's dumb, I think he has autism. Well, the reason I gave some points because of the funny jokes and the plot.
MEFzelderMay 15, 2016
Esta comedia es okey, no es mala pero tampoco buena, el ambiente y el conflicto son muy ideas que lanzan bien la comedia pero la ejecución y el resultado final deja mucho que desear, "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy" nos introduce alEsta comedia es okey, no es mala pero tampoco buena, el ambiente y el conflicto son muy ideas que lanzan bien la comedia pero la ejecución y el resultado final deja mucho que desear, "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy" nos introduce al ambiente del periodismo televisivo de la mano de Ron (Will Ferrell) el conductor del informativo más visto de San Diego, quién se ve sorprendido cuando su puesto se ve comprometido con la inserción de una copresentadora, un puesto innovador y desafiante para la época.
El elenco es grande y cada quién desempeña un papel muy interesante, humoristas de la misma escuela de Ferrell como David Koecher, Steve Carell o Paul Rudd desempeñan un rol bastante llamativo como los acompañantes de Ron Burgundy, y permiten que el papel Christina Applegate, Veronica Corningstone, quede mejor como la "villana" de esta historia.
Lo malo es la ejecución de la historia en si, comienza muy lento haciendo que la introducción de los personajes absorba un poco más del primer tercio de la película, el conflicto tiene su punto crítico casi sobre el final, y el desarrollo es muy sencillo por lo que no quedé satisfecho con lo visto.
Si debo resaltar el humor, es muy exagerado y muy vistoso, la forma en que el grupo de hombres compite con los periodistas de los otros canales es hilarante.
No es una de mis recomendables, no la hallé tan entretenida pero si tiene un par de cosas que me dieron gracia.