7.5

1. boolooloo
    Mar 16, 2009
    Between my 3 friends at school and me we have seen this 43 times. Brilliance from Adam Mckay.
  2. Jan 29, 2014
    One of the best comedies ever made! Will Ferrell at his very best! This is one of those movies I will never get tired of no matter how many times I watch it
  3. Aug 18, 2012
    For me, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy is pretty much the funniest film of all time. It's an eternal classic that never gets old and has the type of quotes that stay with you for life and enter your daily vernacular. Get your friends round, watch this movie as a group... comedy heaven!
  4. Apr 28, 2011
    A truly hilarious movie from start to finish. I must have seen this film at least 10 times and never have I found it boring. This is largely because Anchorman contains some classic quotes and great performances, with a large number of enjoyable cameos. The film never degenerates into a period where the laughs dry up, unlike many other Will Ferrell movies, and is a masterpiece of comedy.
  5. May 19, 2011
    Adam McKay. Need I say more? This movie is my favorite comedy of all time. I loved every moment of it. Is it inappropriate, and crude humor? YES. Is it one of the most quotable movies of all time? YES. This (imo) is Will Ferrell's best film. I still watch it religiously. Should you see this movie? YES. But I am not you.
  6. Jun 17, 2011
    A fantastic comedy film. It is incredibly funny, and well acted. The writing is brilliant, as is the premise. There are at least 7 moments for which I was laughing uncontrollably. It is easily the best collaboration between McKay and Ferrell, and a great movie all around.
  7. j30
    Sep 20, 2011
    Probably the funniest movie of the decade. Will Ferrell plays his funniest character to date. It just puts a stupid smile on your face. It has that unique quality of repeatably, where you can watch this over and over and not get sick of it.
  8. May 31, 2012
    Its much funnier than Talladega Nights and theres a better cast here. Will Ferrell has rarely been better and the story, while sloppy in its construction, is very memorable.
  9. Nov 30, 2011
    how the hell is this only a 7.1?! This was easily Will Ferells best movie and you people that comment with no sense of humor always screw it up! This movie was great btw. I say 10!
  10. Apr 2, 2012
    Anchorman is an extrememely funny film with great acting by everyone. Through incorporating an array of different personalties into the film, it creates a pleasurable and enjoyable atmosphere. One of the best comedies in years.
  11. Mar 31, 2012
    Will Farrell is always funny. In this he is hilarious. It is pretty inappropriate. Irections and much more. If you like dogs you will see one fall of a bridge.
  12. JanetK
    Aug 14, 2005
    This movie should be a cult classic like Rocky Horror! We should be going to see it at midnight showings for 20+years. Shout it from a mountain top!
  13. JohnnyT.
    Jul 12, 2004
    Farrell's embrace of the absurd non-sequitor is at it's best here. I was in tears at least twice. This will go down as a classic of its genre.
  14. BurtonM.
    Jan 12, 2005
    Another comedy masterpiece from will farrel. Hilarious. Especially if you are old enough to remember the 70's.
  15. LAha
    Jan 10, 2005
    One of the best movies I've seen in a while. Will Farrell is absolutely amazing in a role that he was born to play!
  16. Jake
    Aug 4, 2005
    If you hate this show because it's dumb, pull your head out. News Flash, it's supposed to be. It's not supposed to be a damn artsie film. It made me laugh more than any movie in a long time, so it deserves a 10!
  17. FrancoH.
    Aug 2, 2006
    It's Anchorman! It's on Bravo's top 100 funniest movies of all-time! So that must mean something.
  18. AlansitoP.
    Jul 11, 2004
    It was a very entertaining and funny movie. kids will love it!!
  19. BrianK.
    Jul 12, 2004
    This movie is easily one of the funniest movies i've seen EVER!!! Will Ferrell is the funniest i've ever seen him!!
  20. BenZ.
    Jul 16, 2004
    Best comedy of the year, no question. While alot of the jokes are of the "so stupid its funny" calibur, there is alot of genuinly funny material here as well. This film was almost non-stop with its humor which was a wise choice.
  21. Willferrellover
    Aug 6, 2004
    AMAZING. The jokes were hilarious i think this movie was as good as pokemon heroes!
  22. BrianO.
    Apr 12, 2005
    The first time I watched Anchorman I would have given it a 6. But the more you talk about it and watch it with your friends, the funnier it becomes! Its definately a quotable movie. If you didnt like it at first, I suggest watching it with a group of friends because.."Sixty percent of the time, it works EVERY time"
  23. JohnR.
    Oct 11, 2006
    Will Ferrell is hilarious once again. The man is good. I mean really good. The movie is filled with so many great quotes that no one can help but use in their everyday life. Two thumbs way up for this masterpiece.
  24. RobP.
    Mar 30, 2006
    If i could have given this movie a 11 then i would have in the blink of an eye! First saw the movie over a year ago and me and my mates still laugh and make quotes from it today. Pure genius!
  25. MikeH.
    Jul 10, 2006
    I thought Anchorman was great, and the movie is incessantly replayable. Typical comedy cliches are turned inside out and made original and the casting is inspired. There seem to be a fair few negative reviews, I guess the irony of the entire film was lost on some. To each to his own i suppose.
  26. JoshuaS.
    Aug 11, 2006
    Really, if you want brilliant, surreal, euphoric comedy you have this movie or "Pootytang" in the last, dunno, ten....twenty years? This movie is so chock full of jokes....jokes jokes jokes....than it feels limitless. I love knowing that the film makers loved making the movie and did it with balls confidence but no arrogance. But I love even more knowing those things just by watching the Really, if you want brilliant, surreal, euphoric comedy you have this movie or "Pootytang" in the last, dunno, ten....twenty years? This movie is so chock full of jokes....jokes jokes jokes....than it feels limitless. I love knowing that the film makers loved making the movie and did it with balls confidence but no arrogance. But I love even more knowing those things just by watching the movie. Joy and adventure drips from every scene, every cast member right down to the "Smells like a turd wrapped in burt hair." person. Expand
  27. TinaS.
    Aug 4, 2006
    hilarious...absolutley hystarical.
  28. TyJ.
    Feb 20, 2007
    Funniest movie of recent times, and, upon further reflection, we can see a glimmer of what the 70's were like, gender equality struggles, and I think we can all see a bit of ourselves in the sweet, although conceited, Ron Burgundy as played by Will Ferrell.
  29. aimee
    Jan 22, 2008
    This film is hilarious, will farrel is one funny man, I could watch this film over and over and it would never get old. Two phumbs up.
  30. MattF
    Dec 29, 2004
    My rating for this movie is very simple. If you like Will Ferrel, you will love this movie. If you don't, then I would avoid it.

1. Wonderfully silly all the time.
  2. Ferrell, of course, has his moments. But he doesn't have an engaging "center" as a comedian.
  3. I can't help but feel that a funny movie was waiting to be unearthed amid all this self-congratulation and juvenile prankishness.