7.7

1. boolooloo
    Mar 16, 2009
    Between my 3 friends at school and me we have seen this 43 times. Brilliance from Adam Mckay.
  2. Jan 29, 2014
    One of the best comedies ever made! Will Ferrell at his very best! This is one of those movies I will never get tired of no matter how many times I watch it
  3. Oct 18, 2010
    Quotable and superb comedy. I'm not the biggest fan of Will Ferrel but this is one of the few movies where he pulls it out of the bag for me. 'Gonna find my baby,gonna hold her tight, gonna get some afternoon delight'.
  4. Jan 20, 2013
    This is a very funny movie, one of Will Ferrell's best. It also has tons of other hollywood funny men as either main characters or a hilarious cameo. There's really not much else to say, as you can see by the score it's a great comedy and one that I recommend.
  5. Aug 18, 2012
    For me, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy is pretty much the funniest film of all time. It's an eternal classic that never gets old and has the type of quotes that stay with you for life and enter your daily vernacular. Get your friends round, watch this movie as a group... comedy heaven!
  6. Apr 28, 2011
    A truly hilarious movie from start to finish. I must have seen this film at least 10 times and never have I found it boring. This is largely because Anchorman contains some classic quotes and great performances, with a large number of enjoyable cameos. The film never degenerates into a period where the laughs dry up, unlike many other Will Ferrell movies, and is a masterpiece of comedy.
  7. Aug 12, 2013
    In Anchorman first time director Adam McKay really makes the most of the fantastic talent at his disposal that includes the likes of Steve Carell, Paul Rudd and of course Will Ferrell as Ron Burgundy in what must surely still be his most memorable role to date. Never taking itself too seriously this is a movie that celebrates being ridiculously over the top yet always maintains a pinpointIn Anchorman first time director Adam McKay really makes the most of the fantastic talent at his disposal that includes the likes of Steve Carell, Paul Rudd and of course Will Ferrell as Ron Burgundy in what must surely still be his most memorable role to date. Never taking itself too seriously this is a movie that celebrates being ridiculously over the top yet always maintains a pinpoint sense of comic timing to keep the laughs coming.

A must see for fans of films like Austin Powers and The Hangover.
  8. May 19, 2011
    Adam McKay. Need I say more? This movie is my favorite comedy of all time. I loved every moment of it. Is it inappropriate, and crude humor? YES. Is it one of the most quotable movies of all time? YES. This (imo) is Will Ferrell's best film. I still watch it religiously. Should you see this movie? YES. But I am not you.
  9. Jun 17, 2011
    A fantastic comedy film. It is incredibly funny, and well acted. The writing is brilliant, as is the premise. There are at least 7 moments for which I was laughing uncontrollably. It is easily the best collaboration between McKay and Ferrell, and a great movie all around.
  10. j30
    Sep 20, 2011
    Probably the funniest movie of the decade. Will Ferrell plays his funniest character to date. It just puts a stupid smile on your face. It has that unique quality of repeatably, where you can watch this over and over and not get sick of it.
  11. May 31, 2012
    Its much funnier than Talladega Nights and theres a better cast here. Will Ferrell has rarely been better and the story, while sloppy in its construction, is very memorable.
  12. Nov 30, 2011
    how the hell is this only a 7.1?! This was easily Will Ferells best movie and you people that comment with no sense of humor always screw it up! This movie was great btw. I say 10!
  13. Jun 5, 2012
    Such a great film. I had no idea that San Diego was discovered by Germans.....Will ferrel stars as a Anchorman for Channel 4 news, he has a happy life living with his dog Baxter. Until a new woman journalist comes in. This film was funny, smart and well though through. Steve carrel was especially good in this film.
  14. Dec 26, 2011
    Quite possibly the most quotable movie of all time. "They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time." You don't have a sense of humor if you don't laugh in this.
  15. Nov 2, 2013
    Officially cemented itself on my Favourite Comedies of All Time list. Ferrell is at his comedic best and the ensemble cast including a few uncredited cameos just bring it up even higher. Some lame jokes in one or two places that felt a little forced but ultimately, its a comedic excellence.
  16. Apr 2, 2012
    Anchorman is an extrememely funny film with great acting by everyone. Through incorporating an array of different personalties into the film, it creates a pleasurable and enjoyable atmosphere. One of the best comedies in years.
  17. Apr 26, 2014
    Anchorman is funny as hell, and it one of the more memorable straight up comedies. With great one liners and an actual story that isn't repulsive or ridiculously cliché it is hard not to enjoy.
  18. Mar 31, 2012
    Will Farrell is always funny. In this he is hilarious. It is pretty inappropriate. Irections and much more. If you like dogs you will see one fall of a bridge.
  19. Dec 27, 2013
    A movie of epic ridiculousness, Anchorman is a comedy that has many peaks and valleys in its hilariousness. While many of the jokes do fall flat, there is no denying that this film goes to extraordinary lengths of stupidity to deliver them, which almost makes me admire it. If there is one thing Anchorman is not guilty of though it is not being memorable. Even the scenes I did not like asA movie of epic ridiculousness, Anchorman is a comedy that has many peaks and valleys in its hilariousness. While many of the jokes do fall flat, there is no denying that this film goes to extraordinary lengths of stupidity to deliver them, which almost makes me admire it. If there is one thing Anchorman is not guilty of though it is not being memorable. Even the scenes I did not like as much still stuck in my mind, but luckily there were more good ones than bad that made this film well worth watching from start to finish. Expand
  20. JanetK
    Aug 14, 2005
    This movie should be a cult classic like Rocky Horror! We should be going to see it at midnight showings for 20+years. Shout it from a mountain top!
  21. Matt
    Jul 10, 2004
    I laughed almost continuously throughout this movie, and was still laughing afterwards. A few dull moments and unfunny jokes, but the hits, imo, heavily outweighed the misses. If you keep in mind the sheer idiocy of the thing, I think you'll have an ok time . . .
  22. JohnnyT.
    Jul 12, 2004
    Farrell's embrace of the absurd non-sequitor is at it's best here. I was in tears at least twice. This will go down as a classic of its genre.
  23. DannyM.
    Jul 8, 2004
    Will Ferrell has done it again and is great in this movie. His bizarre over the edge comedy that we all know and love is in every turn of this movie. Steven Carell and David Koechner are awsome as well.
  24. BurtonM.
    Jan 12, 2005
    Another comedy masterpiece from will farrel. Hilarious. Especially if you are old enough to remember the 70's.
  25. LAha
    Jan 10, 2005
    One of the best movies I've seen in a while. Will Farrell is absolutely amazing in a role that he was born to play!
  26. TeddyG
    Jan 6, 2005
    Underrated Ferrel vehicle significantly funnier than "Elf" or "Dodgeball," I think it has a few moments better than "Old School," despite its occasional descent into not-funny stupid. (i.e. the fight scene)
  27. MarcusM
    Feb 7, 2005
    A halarious movie packed with witty lines and cool characters. The cameos are great too! Hands down, Will Farrell is one of the funniest men alive.
  28. Jake
    Aug 4, 2005
    If you hate this show because it's dumb, pull your head out. News Flash, it's supposed to be. It's not supposed to be a damn artsie film. It made me laugh more than any movie in a long time, so it deserves a 10!
  29. FrankO.
    Jan 25, 2006
    Very funny movie but what should you expect with Will Ferrell in it; plotline and characters got a little old after awhile..interesting concept and a retro look at television news.
  30. FrancoH.
    Aug 2, 2006
    It's Anchorman! It's on Bravo's top 100 funniest movies of all-time! So that must mean something.

1. Wonderfully silly all the time.
  2. Ferrell, of course, has his moments. But he doesn't have an engaging "center" as a comedian.
  3. I can't help but feel that a funny movie was waiting to be unearthed amid all this self-congratulation and juvenile prankishness.