7.7

1. Mar 11, 2013
    The worst movie I have seen. And Adam Sandler is still out there somewhere with yet another idea in his head that's ready to spit on the faces of moviegoers.
  2. SaraB.
    Apr 1, 2006
    ;-(..The film ran out of gas 1/4 the way through... Great cast as Jack Nicholson can be stunning as an oddball character, but Sandler just let him down, to held back, and the 'anger-allies' went nowhere ? Not enuff interaction with Marissa Tomei, and the Court Judge was unrealistic, also some jokes were actually sad, like the 'Olivier Newton-john bit, are the referring to ;-(..The film ran out of gas 1/4 the way through... Great cast as Jack Nicholson can be stunning as an oddball character, but Sandler just let him down, to held back, and the 'anger-allies' went nowhere ? Not enuff interaction with Marissa Tomei, and the Court Judge was unrealistic, also some jokes were actually sad, like the 'Olivier Newton-john bit, are the referring to the singer, very inappropriate! Also, on the plane, the "this country is going through troubled times', really weird, to say that in 2003?? too serious also, sandler was a wimp. Overall, not many laughs and the far fetched...each character were a little much, and sandler was shy, TOO shy! Marissa Tomei was as always cute, but she Expand
  3. MikeT.
    Apr 21, 2003
    I have never felt compelled to post a vote before, but I feel it is my duty to knock down the average a bit. Please don't spend any money on this movie. I feel guilty for encouraging such a luke-warm chicken broth half-hearted cash-in on low standards.
  4. DavidK.
    May 28, 2003
    Total waste of time. Why did they bother? No redeaming features whatsoever. I feel pretty? Not watching this I didn't.
  5. PhilF.
    Jun 7, 2003
    The movie makes some obscene jokes about people who are buddist and I don't think that it was appropiate. It is somewhat funny but not that funny as most comedy movies are.
  6. NigeM.
    Jul 5, 2008
    Absolute drivel. Not often i actually get angry watching a 'comedy', but this was insulting. Unbelievably bad. Jack comes across a sad parody of himself whil Sandler is exactly the same as in all his other films. I.E. the funny bit is where he loses his temper. Yaaawwwwn!
  7. JoeA.
    Oct 25, 2003
    Promising promos and good cast set ups some high expectations. Unfortunately, not much was well written comedy ... just lame gags. Nicholson didn't work for me as the genius doctor.
  8. CodyA.
    Apr 30, 2003
    I'm sorry everyone, but this movie was not good. If you people really like penis jokes and utterly stupid slapstick humor (Ex. the monk scene), then fine, but even then, this movie was simply not good. I had yet to smile when the movie ended. Sandler is not funny. He just isn't. And what was with the beginning? Did that have anything to do with the movie? Absolutely not, unless I'm sorry everyone, but this movie was not good. If you people really like penis jokes and utterly stupid slapstick humor (Ex. the monk scene), then fine, but even then, this movie was simply not good. I had yet to smile when the movie ended. Sandler is not funny. He just isn't. And what was with the beginning? Did that have anything to do with the movie? Absolutely not, unless you'd like to think the movie had a real ending (which is doesn't, by the way). There is no humour in this movie. I almost felt bad for Nickolson, considering all of his films, and his acting, are great. Jack and Adam are NOT funny together. Nickolson seems out of place, and so do all of the secondary characters (that really don't need to be there). I kinda liked Sandler's previous movies. They were funny, but Anger Management is definitely not. Expand
  9. Paul
    May 13, 2003
    I'm sorry but this movies sucked. To be honest, all of Sandler's movies are the same and there's not one witty joke in any one of them. This one is no different. Penis jokes, beating up on monks. and a sappy ending totally massacre this movie. Man it feels like Sandler hasnt made a decent movie in a million years.
  10. RompBomp
    Apr 13, 2003
    Pure crap. an enormous step backward after the brilliant "punch drunk love."
  11. FranM.
    Apr 14, 2003
    I walked out of this movie after an hour. Maybe I missed all the laughs that came later, but I just couldn't take it anymore. I refuse longer sit through lame, almost funny movies just because I like the actors in it. This movie is just a waste of time.
  12. Meat
    Apr 21, 2003
    O' lord was this movie horrible! As someone already said, "Its a comedy with no jokes". The toilet dick jokes were not funny, Sandler singing on the bridge was NOT funny, and the fat cat gag was funny the first 5 times. After that, its NOT funny! And who are the knuckleheads who keep giving this movie a 10? Get a clue and see Old School which is a real comedy. UGH! And don't get O' lord was this movie horrible! As someone already said, "Its a comedy with no jokes". The toilet dick jokes were not funny, Sandler singing on the bridge was NOT funny, and the fat cat gag was funny the first 5 times. After that, its NOT funny! And who are the knuckleheads who keep giving this movie a 10? Get a clue and see Old School which is a real comedy. UGH! And don't get me started on the ending... They must've been hurtin' for ideas on that one-LAME. Plus, rooting for the Yankees is the biggest bandwagon audience kiss ass you could think of. I'm surprised Nicholson didn't talk them into staging the ending at a Lakers game. This was just bad all around. Expand
  13. Jul 19, 2015
    Heard a lot about the film when it came out. The thing is much of the script is great, the acting is great, the general plot is great... This movie was ruined by the slapstick comedy, since it was so serious at some points, I would of just rather had a more serious movie. I genuinely felt sad for the main character. I'm sure a lot of homophobes are scared of trans women, but really, theHeard a lot about the film when it came out. The thing is much of the script is great, the acting is great, the general plot is great... This movie was ruined by the slapstick comedy, since it was so serious at some points, I would of just rather had a more serious movie. I genuinely felt sad for the main character. I'm sure a lot of homophobes are scared of trans women, but really, the old "oh hey, I'm a girl... NOT" thing isn't funny, if anything it's disturbing and downright tasteless. A few scenes were incredibly rushed and its glaringly obvious. Expand

1. What's most astonishing is that a film populated by two madmen can grow so wearying and dull; the movie crawls toward its climax, which is so barmy it's almost surreal.
  2. Reviewed by: David Edelstein
    Anger Management is bearable up to its protracted climax, set in Yankee Stadium, which gets my vote for the most excruciating wind-up of any comedy, ever.
    Anger Management is so almost-but-not-quite funny that it feels like one colossal gyp.