7.7

1. Oct 16, 2011
    I see no reason why a film like this shouldn't receive such brilliant reviews. When I watched it, I thought it was hilarious - I could never imagine Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson as such a pairing. The antics that both of them get up to could knock me off my feet any time. I wouldn't say that this movie was peppered with just jokes about private parts, because it wasn't. This film had aI see no reason why a film like this shouldn't receive such brilliant reviews. When I watched it, I thought it was hilarious - I could never imagine Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson as such a pairing. The antics that both of them get up to could knock me off my feet any time. I wouldn't say that this movie was peppered with just jokes about private parts, because it wasn't. This film had a deeper meaning than that, especially as it was one man's unexpected journey to find himself. Although that sounds a bit weird, it's true, but the fact it psychologically meaningful and still manages to pull off the most hilarious jokes, it's one of the best films of its kind. Expand
  2. Jul 5, 2012
    I loved this film. Adam Sandler is awesome (I am from NH so might be bias) but I will admit some of his films lagged a little. This movie though, unlike some others (ex. funny people, click) continued a strong, funny, good story all the way till the end. Nice little twist, good acting, and good story.
  3. Jun 28, 2013
    It has been a very, very long time since Adam Sandler was funny, if he ever was, but this is one of the first Adam Sandler comedies to realize this and understand how to use that fact to its advantage. By casting him as the clueless mild-mannered straight man and filling the rest of the movie out with genuine comedic talent in strong comedic roles spearheaded by Jack Nicholson we get toIt has been a very, very long time since Adam Sandler was funny, if he ever was, but this is one of the first Adam Sandler comedies to realize this and understand how to use that fact to its advantage. By casting him as the clueless mild-mannered straight man and filling the rest of the movie out with genuine comedic talent in strong comedic roles spearheaded by Jack Nicholson we get to see something hilarious: Adam Sandler suffering at the hands of far more talented actors. The greatest Adam Sandler comedy ever is a Jack Nicholson comedy. Who knew? A solid addition to any comedic library. Expand
  4. Dec 12, 2011
    A fantastic comedy with heart, all the characters acting are great, and it's just hilarious all the way through, if you a fan of Adam Sandler's other movies or just enjoy comedies then this is a must watch.
  5. Zeke
    Apr 14, 2003
    Adam last made Punch Drunk Love, and Jack did About Schmidt. The professional critics raved, while the Metacritics (the real people who pay for tickets) bombed both flicks. Now the professionals give Anger Management a 50. Folks after seeing AM with a packed theater, I can tell you that this is one very hysterical movie. The audience laughs at loud. The supporting cast is sensational. My Adam last made Punch Drunk Love, and Jack did About Schmidt. The professional critics raved, while the Metacritics (the real people who pay for tickets) bombed both flicks. Now the professionals give Anger Management a 50. Folks after seeing AM with a packed theater, I can tell you that this is one very hysterical movie. The audience laughs at loud. The supporting cast is sensational. My guess is that Anger Management will do more in revenues that PDL and AS combined and then some. We will soon see who is right? If you feel like laughing go see it and enjoy. Expand
  6. Jan 1, 2013
    It's a hilarious comedy. My family and I watched it quite a few times and we laughed from start to finish. It's simply an enjoyable comedy, Not much more I can say about it.
  7. Mar 1, 2014
    Nicholson and Sandler make for a good team in this hilarious comedy. However it's Nicholson who steals the show. Sander's just... well Adam Sandler.
  8. Dec 31, 2011
    It was a funny film. It did fade quite a bit in the last 1/3 of the film but the parts before that were funny and made the film well worth watching. I enjoyed it.
  9. Jan 7, 2011
    A nice built story. Great team Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson. The jokes were funny enough. The theme 'i feel pretty' and the line 'goos-fra-ba' give a specific mark to this movie.
  10. Jun 28, 2014
    Finally we may watch a decent movie starring Adam Sandler. The strong dynamic between him and Jack Nicholson successfully makes up for the film's largely dull plot and lack of ideas to move on, but again, as i just said, this is a DECENT movie that you may enjoy from Adam Sandler's collection of Razzle-Winning flicks.
  11. LassiterP.
    Apr 14, 2003
    Thank God Adam rethought Punch Drunk Love? But this time, instead of making it so boring, he added wacko Jacko, and voila, instant insanity. This is one funny movie with the audience having as much fun as Jack and Adam had making it.
  12. TedL.
    Apr 15, 2003
    Simple plot, no hidden agenda's, with fantastic actors and supporting case make for one very funny movie. If you are looking to go to the movies to laugh then this is the ticket.
  13. DelroyT.
    May 20, 2003
    Hilariously funny. Paul if you think Adam's movies suck and they are all the same, why do you go see them? Perhaps you should have been in counseling with Adam for Anger Management. Now repeat after me...I feel pretty, I feel pretty.
  14. AmberP.
    May 6, 2003
    "I feel Pretty" pretty good that is about this flick. I laughed my A-- off out loud as did most of the others viewers in the theater. Those people who do not appreciate slapstick humor should not see this movie. Those who do will simply love Crazy Jack having fun with Loveable Adam. The movie is a scream and their pairing is fantastic. As for those of you who hated it, repeat after me, "I "I feel Pretty" pretty good that is about this flick. I laughed my A-- off out loud as did most of the others viewers in the theater. Those people who do not appreciate slapstick humor should not see this movie. Those who do will simply love Crazy Jack having fun with Loveable Adam. The movie is a scream and their pairing is fantastic. As for those of you who hated it, repeat after me, "I feel pretty." Now doesn't that make you feel better? Expand
  15. RonaldS.
    Oct 16, 2003
    This movie is a movie of a life time this is 2 superstars with 2 X funny in it it is a great movie for a family night.
  16. CarolAnn
    Apr 18, 2003
    Absolutely loved it. I laughed so loud that it hurt. Just accept the film as Adam and Jack having some fun with themselves and the audience. The supporting cast was superb. Yes, the plot is silly and the end is predictable; but that does not detract from it being one funny funny film.
  17. ZachL.
    Apr 22, 2003
    Meat and Mike are probably the same person. My response to your BS is get a life. I don't know about anyone else, but the audience I saw this with laughed out loud as did I. Jack and Adam were a scream. As for the bridge scene, I have heard people walking around my office singing with a smile on their face, "I feel Pretty". This is one hysterical movie.
  18. Wendy
    Apr 20, 2003
    For those of you trying to analyze every little thing in this movie, please just relax. This is simply two great actors having fun with each other and tweaking the audience. They connect magnificently. If you want to have a good time and simply laugh out loud, then Anger Management is the ticket.
  19. MatthewA.
    Apr 26, 2003
    Unbelievably funny. The connection between Sandler and Nicholson was perfect for the film.
  20. CoreyB
    May 1, 2003
    Cody what are you talking about? The audience I saw it with roared with laughter. The movie is not meant to be reality; just some good natured slapstick comedy. Obviously, this is not your cup of tea. By now everyone should know what Adam Sandler movies are like? Jack Nicholson had a ball playing Wacko Jacko. Their teaming was a scream.
  21. ChristopherS.
    Feb 26, 2004
    Anger Management is really a true masterpiece. Adam sandler makes this movie enjoyable and funny. I reccomend that you see this amazing film!
  22. HalW.
    Nov 16, 2003
    This movie could have been better, at times it seemed too drawn out. I really expected it to be much better just because of its cast.
  23. EvelynP.
    Apr 13, 2003
    Jack & Adam, Adam & Jack were dropdead funny. I had a ball. I can't wait until they hook up again. It looked like the outtakes on the DVD are going to be a scream. This is one funny movie.
  24. Sean
    Apr 16, 2003
    This movie rocked it was really funny and even the New York jokes were funny. An all-around funny-good movie.
  25. DelvinD.
    Apr 24, 2003
    Hilarious as this is one funny movie. Jack and Adam are great together.
  26. HerbieF.
    Apr 28, 2003
    John Y you took this so seriously. Now repeat after me: "I feel Pretty..." This was one funny movie with a tremendous supporting cast. This was not meant for a Rhodes Scholar.
    May 11, 2003
    This movie is hilarious. I didn't think it would be that great, but I loved it.
  28. KevinM.
    Mar 17, 2004
    Suprisingly funny and enjoyable.
  29. JonD.
    Mar 9, 2006
    This is funny at points but i hate critics. Happy gilmore gets a terrible review but this gets an ok review Happy Gilmore is a Classic and this is just funny.
  30. Matt
    Apr 12, 2003
    i mean who realy listenes to anyone from seattle? (read last critic rating)
  31. AmberP
    Apr 12, 2003
    All you need to know is that the professional critics gave it a 49. The packed audience I watched it with howled out loud. Adam and Jack were hysterical, with a very talented supporting cast. If you are looking for a funny, feel good, escape film, Anger Management is the ticket.
  32. TomS.
    Apr 13, 2003
    Nicholson and Sandler pulled off the funniest comedy since "Meet the Parents" The film actually has an interesting plot that does have character development, but the climax of the film is rather dull and corny. But if you want a good movie that will make you laugh, Anger Management does the job.
  33. Fantasy
    Apr 13, 2003
    I say the professional critics are all wrong. The audience I saw it with loved it. We laughed out loud. Now isn't that entertainment. As they say, the tale of the tape (box office receipts) will tell who is right? My guess is that word of mouth will like what was seen. Go see it and have fun.
  34. RobertH.
    Apr 13, 2003
    I laughed so hard that I almost wet my pants at some of the scenes in Anger Management. Jack and Adam were sensational.
  35. JanetS.
    Apr 14, 2003
    Absolutely hilarious. What a difference from that horrible Punch Drunk Love and the boring About Schmidt. Now this is entertainment at its funniest.
  36. JonathanD.
    May 13, 2003
    My sides hurt! This has to be, honestly, the funniest movie I have seen in my entire life. Repetitive penis jokes? What? I caught about 3. Nicholson and Sandler, as usual, are amazing, and together it's even better. Screw the critics, go see this movie immediately.
  37. Jun 20, 2013
    I give this movie an 8 because it is a great movie that manages to make you laugh a lot. It is very funny and enjoyable, to say the least. Just when you think something will happen, something else happens. The monk part was very funny, and so was the jealous/dating scene. Nicholson made a great Anger Management supervisor, and the end was VERY surprising. You should see this movie, even ifI give this movie an 8 because it is a great movie that manages to make you laugh a lot. It is very funny and enjoyable, to say the least. Just when you think something will happen, something else happens. The monk part was very funny, and so was the jealous/dating scene. Nicholson made a great Anger Management supervisor, and the end was VERY surprising. You should see this movie, even if it has a 6. Expand

1. What's most astonishing is that a film populated by two madmen can grow so wearying and dull; the movie crawls toward its climax, which is so barmy it's almost surreal.
  2. Reviewed by: David Edelstein
    Anger Management is bearable up to its protracted climax, set in Yankee Stadium, which gets my vote for the most excruciating wind-up of any comedy, ever.
    Anger Management is so almost-but-not-quite funny that it feels like one colossal gyp.