8.0

1. Aug 7, 2012
    A funny movie this is. The acting is also pretty good, and a lot of the scenes are well directed, including the ones that aren't even funny. Though not as funny as I expected, it is still a good movie.
  2. Jul 17, 2012
    John Landis and John Belushi at their best! Whenever you see a movie about the fun and glamor of college life, chances are this movie inspired it. This movie pioneered an entire sub-genre of comedy, but nobody has ever done it better. Animal House is one of those movies that's still just as funny today.
  3. Mar 4, 2011
    I saw this when it first came out. FUNNY and now a classic. John Belushi at his very best. The entire cast was funny.
  4. Oct 16, 2011
    this movie is mad fun. it's also very self-aware. it doesn't want to be deep. it's a crazy spectacle and i wouldn't want it any other way.
  5. Nov 8, 2012
    The cafeteria scene is perhaps the funniest sequence to ever be caught on film.
  6. Nov 28, 2012
    Directed by John Landis, "Animal House" was one of the first comedies to break all of the rules of film. Meaning it featured an immoral premise, a heap of foul language, and almost gratuitous nudity. However, "Animal House" was a riot for me and it still maintains the title as one the comedies that defined a decade. John Belushi. . .that is all. Every scene involving John Belushi made meDirected by John Landis, "Animal House" was one of the first comedies to break all of the rules of film. Meaning it featured an immoral premise, a heap of foul language, and almost gratuitous nudity. However, "Animal House" was a riot for me and it still maintains the title as one the comedies that defined a decade. John Belushi. . .that is all. Every scene involving John Belushi made me laugh hysterically, and other actors, including Tim Matheson, Stephen Furst, Tom Hulce, and Bruce McGill made this movie that much more enjoyable. This movie is an endless tornado of chaotic buffoonery - and it's awesome. Collapse
  7. Sep 25, 2014
    Toga, toga, toga! One of the funniest, enthusiastically silly movies I've ever seen. Everything from the stupid, yet still likable main characters to the self-consciously juvenile humor, this is the definition of a comedy classic and will have you on the floor laughing almost throughout the movie. In addition, this movie is endlessly quotable. "Was it over when the Germans bombedToga, toga, toga! One of the funniest, enthusiastically silly movies I've ever seen. Everything from the stupid, yet still likable main characters to the self-consciously juvenile humor, this is the definition of a comedy classic and will have you on the floor laughing almost throughout the movie. In addition, this movie is endlessly quotable. "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?! Hell no!" And one of my favorites, "Seven years of college down the drain..." Oh, and the ending is particularly hilarious. Expand

While the low comedy is undeniably effective, the film leaves behind a bad taste of snobbery and petty meanness.
    The movie is vulgar, raunchy, ribald, and occasionally scatological. It is also the funniest comedy since Mel Brooks made "The Producers."
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Martin
    Animal House is the sort of film you hate yourself for laughing at. It is so gross and tasteless you feel you should be disgusted but it's hard to be offended by something that is so sidesplittingly funny. [05 Aug 1978]