Annapolis

4.8

1. GrantN.
    Jan 27, 2006
    Have you ever seen a moive before? If so than you have already seen Annapolos. A movie that attempts to rip-off movies like "An Officer and A Gentlemen" and "Rocky" but with little to no success. It's not that Annapolis is THAT bad its just that it brings absolutly nothing new to the table.
  2. SusanM.
    Jan 30, 2006
    Not as bad as everyone is saying! Cheesy? Yes. Truly original? No. But overall it was a decent flick and you've gotta give it points just because James Franco and Tyrese Gibson appear topless in many scenes - that alone is worth the price of admission, trust me.
  3. Stephanie
    Jun 30, 2006
    I'm giving this movie a 1 for one reason: Muscles. This movies seems awkwardly geared towards women. I had high hopes for a movie about the prestigious U.S. Naval Academy. I was sorely let down. However, if you're a woman who wants to see some nice abs, by all means, rent this movie. Men? Boxing in this movie was mediocre at best.
  4. MarineCorps
    Aug 8, 2006
    Good boxing flick.
  5. Aaron
    Jan 31, 2006
    Susan not as bad as everyone is saying? You are correct. It's even worse than that. Awful.
  6. Sarah
    Jul 26, 2006
    i thought it was ana excelent movie, there was no unnessassery sex scene.
  7. DaveR.
    Jun 27, 2006
    This is a very average movie. Not great but not terrible. It does borrow things from other movies, but yet it still has its own good moments. It is worth a $3.50 rental for the hour and a half of entertainment. I am glad that I didn't put down $20 + to see this movie in the theatre.
    Jul 22, 2006
    A must see for anyone preparing for lifes challenges. Jordana Brewster plays a perfect girfriend and is a rising star.
  9. ZackL.
    Aug 22, 2006
    This movie is utterly pathetic. The direction isn't bad, but everything else is. The dialogue and screenplay are horrible and the characters all seem dull and charmless. Annapolis tries too hard to be too many things, and fails miserably.
  10. Feb 23, 2013
    Even thou he was in several things before Annapolis, I consider this to be James Franco's breakthrough role. Just the training and studying alone, must have been as intense as the film itself. Franco plays Jake Huard, a first year student at the Naval academy. The story takes you inside one the hardest and most secretive schools in America, showing you just what it takes to even make itEven thou he was in several things before Annapolis, I consider this to be James Franco's breakthrough role. Just the training and studying alone, must have been as intense as the film itself. Franco plays Jake Huard, a first year student at the Naval academy. The story takes you inside one the hardest and most secretive schools in America, showing you just what it takes to even make it past your first year. The story itself is very inspirational and the acting is top notch. This isn't just a good film, it's one that you know took a lot out of everyone involved. I was entertained, excited, and inspired by an underdog who just wouldn't give up. This is a tremendous film that fell under the radar, because of a then, unknown cast, but it really is a must see for fans of inspirational, military and sports dramas. Expand
  11. Nov 8, 2012
    The film plays like the actors, director, and writers all communicated through text messages that weren't quite perceived the way they ought to have been.

1. The only impressive thing about it is the monotony and thoroughness with which it replicates cliches from older, better movies and hammers them into pop alloy to an up-with-me beat beat beat of its musical score.
  2. The underdog story doesn't miss a cliche, even though it never figures out whether it's a boxing picture or a military drama.
    Best never to have left dry dock with this one.