6.3

1. Feb 23, 2013
    Ok... Leave your joke in the comment box, I'm sure it's hilarious. As for this movie, it WAS hilarious... at first... but it quickly got old. Its about four gay friends, the summer before college, on a mission to get laid. Along the way they meet their fair share of weird characters and it's pretty much the same as 1000 other coming of age teen comedies, except for the gay part... This movie has some really funny parts, especially the interaction with the lesbians, THAT was classic! Unfortunately, they continue focusing on the one subject, and the jokes just stop being funny after about twenty minutes or so. It's a cool idea, it's a gutsy film to make, and I give praise to everyone brave enough to be a part of it. It probably would have been good if it wasn't so narrow-minded. Expand
  2. Jun 14, 2012
    The only reason why this gets as high of a grade as "1" is because it actually made me laugh at how bad it was. One of those unfortunate end-results of not being able to take this horrible film any longer. Truly, utterly awful. I should have known what to expect (Scary Movie/Epic Movie/Disaster Movie type of glory), but I had hoped that it'd be a bit better. However, this was possibly worse because it perpetuates all these horrible stereotypes about gay people. While I hate when people discuss that and over-analyse things, this was just abhorrent. It's basically all about sex. True, most teenagers think about sex a lot, but NOT THAT MUCH. Come on... And its obvious sense of "humour" was just despicable. Gross, gross, gross. And I cannot believe there is a sequel. I will watch it, just so I can watch something worse than this (if that's imaginable). Expand

1. Reviewed by: Phil Hall
    The idea of a gay version of "American Pie" might not seem too tasty, but Another Gay Movie offers a fabulous surprise in not only matching that rude boy classic's unapologetic rude humor but by establishing its own identity as a genuinely funny and often touching coming of age comedy.
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Koehler
    This is son-of-John-Waters with most of the grossness but none of the essential anarchism -- silly pop trash set for vid-classic status in gay households.
    Arriving late to the scene, Another Gay Movie coughs up the same awkward gags about coming of age via false starts and sexual humiliation, only the genuine sweetness and camaraderie that made the first "Pie" movie bearable has been replaced by glib self-awareness.