Antitrust

8.6

1. Nov 27, 2013
    Always liked this flick.
    Is it the best movie ever made? No. But some of the ratings on here are way off.
    I show this film at the end of the school year to my classes after we talk about monopolies, Anti-trust laws, etc. It gives them a bit of a break at the end of year. Every year the high school kids love it, some of them even go and buy it. Haven't heard a complaint about it yet.
    Always liked this flick.
    Every year the high school kids love it, some of them even go and buy it. Haven't heard a complaint about it yet. Also, gotta love Claire Forlani, she is smoking hot in this movie.
  2. Jun 5, 2015
    Good Movie. I like all the thinking that went into this movie. The legoland was creative. It is sad to see some real life crisis such as killing of programmers for their knowledge, mistrust girlfriend, etc... I liked the work ethics of Teddy and Milo not sharing company information.
  3. HilaryW.
    Jul 3, 2001
    It has to be the worst, pathetic, and stupid movie I have ever seen. What really made me mad was that Ryan Phillippe, Tim Robbins, Rachael Leigh Cook, and Claire Forlani are all great actors/actresses. The film was written horribly and was one of those movies where you think, "Wow, this movie COULD HAVE BEEN really good." But it wasn't, so I rate it a 1.
  4. JesusS.
    Jul 5, 2001
    In their haste to capture the headlines, this movie was thrown together thinking that audiences are totally moronic about technology issues. This farse proved a waste of time for me and reinforced my previous notion that an actor will do anything for a buck.
  5. RichB.
    Aug 4, 2003
    This movie is really cool if you like computers. Reminds me a little of "The Firm".
  6. DamianP.
    Jun 17, 2001
    Unlike "Hackers," it really did get (glimpses) into the minds of computer programmers.
  7. BarbieW.
    Jun 25, 2001
    OK I though this movie was OK. It had all the tech in it with computers and it seemed real, and it was interesting to learn about computers, and Ryan Phillippe was in it.
  8. NateG.
    Jul 16, 2001
    I loved this film. If you are a true techie or a wanna be, you will enjoy this a lot. Kept me guessing.
  9. MattM.
    Jan 27, 2001
    A wretchedly awful and tepid wannabe "thriller," "Antitrust" is filled with terribly incongruous performances and hackneyed plot developments. Absolutely HORRID film!!!
  10. DavidG
    May 22, 2001
    A good piece of entertainment. The story is a bit predictable, but you will enjoy it anyway. All the tech stuff is really beliveable.
  11. RyanM.
    May 25, 2001
    A very smart and stylish thriller. Robbins and Phillipe make their characters real and believable. A cool hip summer movie.
  12. Jeremy
    Sep 29, 2003
    Slick enough to make it's brain dead and laughable screenplay barely watchable, but we can't say the same about Tim Robbins.
  13. AmurabiM.
    May 18, 2006
    For those who loved high-tech and the idea of a free-interchange-of-ideas-and-knowledge this could be the better film of the history. Bordering the limits between the libel and the propaganda, the provocative idea of a personal attack to bill gates and microsoft, doesn´t work totally. That attack coulda been work if the filmmakers get the wit to put that premise in a correct way of For those who loved high-tech and the idea of a free-interchange-of-ideas-and-knowledge this could be the better film of the history. Bordering the limits between the libel and the propaganda, the provocative idea of a personal attack to bill gates and microsoft, doesn´t work totally. That attack coulda been work if the filmmakers get the wit to put that premise in a correct way of filmmaking. As a thriller, this movie is stupid and predictable, as a suspense is just the same. As a model of propaganda for liberals is just... right. But here, we are talking about films and nor about globaliphobia, so the film is just a piece of crap. Disappointingly, fails in to take a great issue (the freedom in the net) to the public and fails, miserably, in to make a decent film. Besides, we know that ryan phillippe doesn´t act and the Tim Robbins characterization of gates-the-evil is just... ridiculous. Expand
  14. Feb 6, 2011
    A good idea with really good actors and actresses. Unfortunately, badly written. Conceptually it had the all the promise of an interesting and diverse plot but was held back by playing the safe road of dumbing it down to the lowest common denominator. Watchable but not highly entertaining.
  15. Apr 20, 2011
    Although the overall production isn't great and the movie is highly dated, the pacing is electric, the cast is game and there are enough twists and turns to keep you engaged. As well, the entire film moves at a thrilling pace that keeps it all entertaining. Overall, a worthwhile film that captures a quick moment in the history in the technological revolution. A sour note though - theAlthough the overall production isn't great and the movie is highly dated, the pacing is electric, the cast is game and there are enough twists and turns to keep you engaged. As well, the entire film moves at a thrilling pace that keeps it all entertaining. Overall, a worthwhile film that captures a quick moment in the history in the technological revolution. A sour note though - the portrayal of a Bill Gates like character in such a way is offside and insulting and harms the film. Expand
  16. Sep 20, 2012
    Some painful writing, but a decent enough film about programmers and a microsoft-like corporation, handled in the way technology was more commonly done in films in the 90s. For a post-Matrix film, it's pretty 'safe' and 'made for tv', lacking much edge or style, whilst staying as far way from actual programming as possible.

Has a decent cast, it's great to see Ryan Philippe, Tim

Has a decent cast, it's great to see Ryan Philippe, Tim Robbins, Claire Forlani and Rachael Leigh Cook working together, and is reasonably entertaining. Also, one of the only 'mainstream films' to cover proprietary code vs open source. Worth a watch in the background, but far too cheesy to be enjoyed as anything other than mindless entertainment.
  17. Jun 9, 2015
    It Is an alright movie. It does not have the best acting and the plot to me was boring. This movie had the potential to be good but given the acting it was not good.
  18. Jun 9, 2015
    This movie did show a very vast knowledge for technology, but some of it seemed a little far off and blown out of proportion. It was also scattered and the plot took unnecessary twists that did not aid the outcome. It was also "too 90s" . Would not recommend.
  19. Jun 9, 2015
    Compared to other computer movies out there this one wasn't to bad. The writers could've worked more on the actual plot of the movie though. The drama that was in this movie wasn't the best and neither was the acting by quite a few of the actors. There were some thrillers in this movie but i wouldn't have classified this movie as a drama/thriller.
  20. Jun 9, 2015
    This movie was interesting at times, but it was also slow at times. I didn't really like this movie. This movie was very boring to me, I wasn't interested in this movie at all.
  21. Jun 9, 2015
    In this movie, the beginning was slow and boring, and nothing interesting was happening. I was confused on who the characters were and which person was who. Towards the middle, the movie became more suspenseful and there was more action.
  22. Jun 9, 2015
    It was kind of confusing in the beginning, so it was a little hard to understand. It was entertaining since it involved teenagers and that made it more enjoyable for me. It only kept my attention towards the end of the movie.
  23. Jun 9, 2015
    Had a strong story line and a well constructed conclusion, and the main character was very good. However, the role and actions of the main villain were weak.
  24. Jun 10, 2015
    I think this movie actually has a good plot. It could be realistic which makes it an even better movie. Its a fast pace moving movie and will suck you in right away. Some of the characters will make you angry and you will probably hate them.

1. While Robbins has a good time playing the boyish devil, the rest of the principals transmit on an awfully low baud rate.
  2. Reviewed by: Jay Carr
    An example of a film that begins with a provocative idea and then runs itself into the ground with clumsy structuring.
  3. Reviewed by: David Edelstein
    Libel on one of the true visionaries of American business in the 20th century, a man unfairly demonized for doing what others strove to do but doing it faster and better.