5.6

1. Nov 20, 2013
    The idea of the characters being copies of other persons prevented me from caring about them and the protagonist doesn't have a worthy opponent. However, 'Aeon Flux' has a lot of action, visually interesting locations and Charlize Theron at the main role, so it's pleasant to watch.
    argonautis.eu
  2. Apr 2, 2013
    I know this is NOT an MTV Films-produced movie, but I was really not into Aeon Flux. My beloved MTV animated series that was short-lived and still one of the greatest cult classic shows of all time turned into a horrendous "Aeon"-like wannabe played by Charlize Theron. This film just really alienated the fans of the pop culture classic for good and with an action movie like this, I sorta fell asleep for like 10 minutes. Somewhere down the road in the future, I hope MTV could possibly thinking of a new idea to reboot the series. That would be so awesome! As for the Flux movie, save your money or rent it. I don't care, but this is one of the most ridiculous movies I've ever seen. Expand
  3. Jan 25, 2013
    Aeon Flux is a young woman living in a world safe from danger. 400 years ago a disease wipes out 99% of the human race. The 1% that remain live in a secure city away from the dangers of the outside world. But as a resistance begins to form against the oppressive government long kept secrets begin to show and it is time for humanity to accept its end.
    The story is a great concept. however
    the poor execution in terms of poor directing, bad filming, a terrible cast and some really really awful CGI makes Aeon Flux a film that can be easily looked over. Expand
  4. Dec 10, 2012
    Charlize's beauty and acting skills were not able to hold this movie on foot, very poor script, and really bad acting something to do with direction. It was like watching an old 007 movie every time Aeon had to face some stupid-robot-like enemies. A few good special effects.
  5. Jun 26, 2012
    I'm not sure if its appropriate to be writing a review for a movie I only watched for 10 minutes, but seeing as how its quality was the defining factor in only managing to last that long, I feel justified. The acting was awkward, dialogue also so. But primarily, nothing made sense. And I dont mean plot, I mean everything, from 400 years in the future and guards still carry guns and are horrible at guarding anything. That undercover rebels dress to stand out, and draw more attention than less to themselves by making out, then walking away. The premise of 99% of the world having been killed and all those left saved by Goodchild, and yet is more Big Brother than God. And the fact that daily poisons could hope to keep nature at bay. If you are going to take yourself so seriously, make sure you make sense.
    The 1 point was for at least trying to have different fashion when compared to the modern day, something which is blatantly ignored far to much.
  6. Jan 2, 2012
    Aeon Flux is silly, boring, disappointing visually and lacks enough action along with an awful performance from Charlize Theron who at the time just won an Oscar. I give this film 4%.
  7. Feb 21, 2011
    I cant say its great noir terrible. It entertained me, I didnt really find it that cheesy. Some of the futurism ideas were pretty cool in the closed off world. If you like sci-fi then this is at least worth a watch. Charlize Theron is beautiful and if you liked her previous work Im sure you will like her style in this movie as well. Not bad overall but easily forgotten if you ask me, solid popcorn flick. Expand
  8. Jan 7, 2011
    The film criticizes the wish to live forever. It suggests to accept our destiny to only have one human life as nature intended, and to live it to the fullest. It claims our purpose is to give our contribution to the world and then give way for the next generations to do it better. Unfortunately, the script is superficial and despite many opportunities the acting is emotionless.
  9. Dec 2, 2010
    I watched this film on DVD the other night and quite enjoyed it. It's certainly no masterpiece, but it's definitely fun to watch. Just don't expect too much when you're going to watch it. ;-) Production design, costumes, sets etc. are very nice.
  10. Nov 29, 2010
    This one had big shoes to fill. The late night MTV cult following were those who kept this story alive, it is in fact a great story. But alas, leave it to Hollywood and their complete lack of imagination and creativity to bring us a movie horribly written and conceived. Today's movies may seem like stories that have all been told before because they have. The greedy execs and talentless hacks go to the well of the comic book or animation flicks of yesteryear because they simply forgot how to make good movies in that town. It's all about boxing yesterday's success and forcing it down our throats. Aeon Flux is just that. The epitome of everything that is wrong with tinsel town. The only saving grace is that the story is solid or this would be a solid 0. Expand

1. Reviewed by: David Edelstein
    Aeon Flux is not that terrible. It's certainly more fun than a lot of films that get lovingly showcased.
    The ideas underlying Aeon Flux's plot are the film's strength, and the filmmakers deserve some credit for doing more than paying lip service to them.
  3. With the exception of a few enjoyable action scenes, such as when Aeon and fellow operative Sithandra (Sophie Okonedo) flip and backflip their way across a lethal garden of bullet-spewing trees and spikes disguised as blades of grass, Aeon Flux is surprisingly draggy.