7.4

1. Jul 21, 2011
    Could have done better for the movie itself. But, another part of me says that its the greatest movie ever, and thats only because I love everything Aqua Teen Hunger Force. In a wierd way, the movie makes me proud to watch the show. I'm still taking a point off because if you are a normal person who has never watched ATHF before and went to see the movie, you would probably not like it soCould have done better for the movie itself. But, another part of me says that its the greatest movie ever, and thats only because I love everything Aqua Teen Hunger Force. In a wierd way, the movie makes me proud to watch the show. I'm still taking a point off because if you are a normal person who has never watched ATHF before and went to see the movie, you would probably not like it so much and most likely not understand it. I repeat this movie is for Aqua Teen super fans. The plot still could have done more work, but you can't question ATHF because their the best. Expand
  2. Chris
    Apr 14, 2007
    A complete disappointment at every level. They could have made a 90 minute movie of Carl scratching his balls that would have been funnier. What a waste of film.
  3. Nov 2, 2010
    Terrible. Simple as that. I am a huge fan of the first seasons of this show but it has dissolved into a repetitive and unfunny act. Producers and Directors should know when to stop so they don't ruin their own creations like this case.
  4. SimonM.
    Sep 3, 2007
    HAHA! If you saw this in the theater you saw this at home on T.V first, if you were pissed because it was the same thing you got at home' then double HAHA! What did you expect!? Great movie, not enough Carl.
  5. ChristopherW.
    Apr 14, 2007
    What a peculiar little film! I've never actually seen the television show that inspired this oddity, but I would be very interested in checking it out after seeing the film. There really isn't much of a plot to speak of, but the absurdity and adult oriented silliness throughout were enough to keep me entertained. I certainly can't speak for anyone else. I'm sure there What a peculiar little film! I've never actually seen the television show that inspired this oddity, but I would be very interested in checking it out after seeing the film. There really isn't much of a plot to speak of, but the absurdity and adult oriented silliness throughout were enough to keep me entertained. I certainly can't speak for anyone else. I'm sure there will be plenty of uninitiated people who respond with a great big "What the $&%@!" However, I must say that I've never seen anything quite like it. In this case, that's a good thing! Expand
  6. Shane
    Apr 15, 2007
    It is pretty much what you would and should expect from anything aqua teen, one big giant episode of nothing. But for some reason, its funny and great. And who didn't see the boston globe giving that a 25 haha.
  7. BretG.
    May 14, 2007
    Delivers the hilarity of the shows on all fronts. Infinitely bizarre and confusing (just like the show) ATHF makes for a good time and a lot of laughter.
  8. BonesG
    Jul 8, 2007
    The opening scene is quite possibly the funniest piece of cinema ever made, nearly as funny as some of the better ATHF episodes, and certainly worth every penny.
  9. JamieP
    Sep 1, 2007
    If you are a fan of ATHF, then you will love it and the constant beauty of every word that is spoken and every blast into the past you must endure. It rocks a fans world. If your not a fan and you don't understand, why the hell are you watching it?
  10. Cheekswarner
    Apr 10, 2007
    Either you love them or you hate them. Just remember it's still better then most of the crap out there, and HELL even Mastodon is in it.
  11. TomG.
    Apr 12, 2007
    I haven't laughed so hard all year. Of course the critic reviews are low...this is not the 'critic' type of movie. If you love the show, you will LOVE the movie.
  12. DanS.
    Apr 19, 2007
    [adult swim] humor is often based on contextual factors aside from the actual jokes told in their programming. For example, a show about a talking ass who is a cop may not be the funniest show ever, but the fact that [as] is airing a show about a cop who's a talking ass is pretty hilarious. I feel this humor was mostly missing from the Aqua Teen movie due to the fact that fans of the [adult swim] humor is often based on contextual factors aside from the actual jokes told in their programming. For example, a show about a talking ass who is a cop may not be the funniest show ever, but the fact that [as] is airing a show about a cop who's a talking ass is pretty hilarious. I feel this humor was mostly missing from the Aqua Teen movie due to the fact that fans of the show (like myself) are quite familiar with it. For me, the funniest things about this movie were watching middle-aged people walk out of it and seeing that the Boston Globe gave it the lowest score represented on this site. Ok, well the opening metal song was pretty great, but Aqua Teen doesn't work with a plot, which fans of the show will recognize as being more present in the movie. As a result the whole thing just feels really drawn-out and only occasionally as zany and unpredicable as it should be. Expand
  13. BDub
    Aug 20, 2007
    I am a long term fan of the show. I have to agree with others that this show is probably best left at it's regular 12 minute duration. I couldn't have known this without watching this movie. It is still a must see for any fan of course and i laughed often. I was a little disappointed with the "80 minute deleted movie." It isn't really worth watching. It is a non-finished I am a long term fan of the show. I have to agree with others that this show is probably best left at it's regular 12 minute duration. I couldn't have known this without watching this movie. It is still a must see for any fan of course and i laughed often. I was a little disappointed with the "80 minute deleted movie." It isn't really worth watching. It is a non-finished version of the actual movie. It contains the deleted scenes, but isn't fully animated. Basically all the voice acting put to stills. The deleted movie really shouldn't be marketed as some bonus really. Expand
  14. HermanP
    Apr 11, 2007
    The worst movie i've ever seen and am likely to ever see in my life. I urge anyone who is even the slightest bit curious to stay far away and save your brain cells. If you live in a small town and this and Firehouse Dog are the only two movies playing see the latter. Dear god the unoriginality and deadpan "humor" that lost it's charm twenty years ago still makes my head hurt.
  15. SeanM.
    Apr 12, 2007
    If you like the show you'll love this movie. Hilarious.
  16. EricO.
    Apr 13, 2007
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force is an often brilliant show on the cartoon network that works best in 15 minute segments. It does not, however, function as an 88 minute movie. My suggestion: watch the first 20 minutes or so, take a nap for a half hour, and wake up for the final quarter. You won't miss much, and you'll feel better about spending your hard-earned cash on something you could Aqua Teen Hunger Force is an often brilliant show on the cartoon network that works best in 15 minute segments. It does not, however, function as an 88 minute movie. My suggestion: watch the first 20 minutes or so, take a nap for a half hour, and wake up for the final quarter. You won't miss much, and you'll feel better about spending your hard-earned cash on something you could get on TV for free. Expand
  17. SurgeT.
    Apr 14, 2007
    Holy crapp, hands down one of the funniest movies i have seen in a long long long time. You probably will have to be a fan of Adult Swims humor and if you are you will not regret going to this. I havent laughed this hard since maybe Jackass 2.
  18. JohnnyC.
    Apr 14, 2007
    I think to get the full experiance of the movie you might have to do some "Pre-show preperations" (you all know what i mean) but when it comes down to it this movie is just pure comedy. I think the only movie i laughed harder at in the theatre was Borat. Its just a great movie.
  19. EG
    Apr 16, 2007
    I share the opinion of most viewers: if you like the show, you will like the movie. If you have never seen the show, don't come near the movie. And it's definitely not for anyone over 38. I thought it was mostly good - it dragged a little bit around the 60 minute mark, and probably could have benefitted from less plot, but overall it was a good movie. The absolute best part was I share the opinion of most viewers: if you like the show, you will like the movie. If you have never seen the show, don't come near the movie. And it's definitely not for anyone over 38. I thought it was mostly good - it dragged a little bit around the 60 minute mark, and probably could have benefitted from less plot, but overall it was a good movie. The absolute best part was the very beginning when the pickle was singing the song about movie theater etiquette. This was the part of the film that got the most laughs from the audience. The worst part of the film was appearance of the Ghost of Christmas Past, only because I have a really hard time understanding what he says - something about his voice is incoherent to me. But I look forward to more movies from Adult Swim - they should definitely make a full length Squidbillies. Expand
  20. theLex
    Apr 18, 2007
    That song video in the beginning needs to be in every major film!
  21. JackM.
    Apr 18, 2007
    Wow. Film critics of this age just don't know how to appreciate fine cinema like they used to. Now that they prefer overrated cliche shitpiles like Blades of Glory over this and Grindhouse, you know that the end of Civilization is upon us.
  22. AllistairP.
    Apr 19, 2007
    Simple as this, if you loved Season 1-4 but hated season 5 (the current one) WAIT FOR VIDEO! If you still think season 5 is funny (possibly b/c you are stoned out of your mind) go see it now. Closer to the Family Guy movie (this should have been straight to DVD, as well) then the South Park movie.
  23. JayK.
    Apr 27, 2007
    An atrocity. I love the show. I have never seen an unfunny episode. I did not laugh once during the first 8/10 of this movie. Then I left. I don't know what happened. It's horrible. It's worse than unfunny; it's painful.
  24. TrentM.
    May 28, 2007
    As a longtime huge fan of this show, this movie exceeded my expectations. I was laughing hysterically from beginning to end. It's even more hysterical and random than the show. There's no discernible plot here, and the various problems they face throughout the movie never come to any sort of conclusion. It's comic genius, and one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. As a longtime huge fan of this show, this movie exceeded my expectations. I was laughing hysterically from beginning to end. It's even more hysterical and random than the show. There's no discernible plot here, and the various problems they face throughout the movie never come to any sort of conclusion. It's comic genius, and one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. I can see, however, why it has been panned by so many critics. The reason is that one really needs a working knowledge of the shows side characters. Such characters as the Cybernetic Ghost, The Moononites, The Plutonions, M.C. P.Pants, the Universal Remonster, and plenty of others are used throughout the movie, without any introduction or explanation as to who they are or how they know eachother. This, mainly, is why ATHFCMFT is strictly for those who know the series, and who ought to love it. Funniest movie in years. Expand
  25. JaredC.
    Aug 13, 2007
    What? No seriously, what is the whole gender, is this some slack rodeo of stupid weirdness. A blank minded mechanical cheezy piece.
  26. ChrisB.
    Aug 15, 2007
    Aqua teen hunger force. A force of teens hungering for something solid...I think that's what it means. Something akin to 'Smells like teen spirit'. There's nothing of substance here and the teens are hungering for it. Basically the movie rips on how they perceive life.
  27. Dylan!
    Aug 16, 2007
    Its exactly what would be expected. The show is based upon surreal humor. And its not in any way for everyone, you either get a charge out of the humor, or it will seem bland and dumb, but as a movie, it does very well. In some ways it tries to establish structure, and a basic plot, but in such a way that it doesn't bore, and holds together as a "movie". when you think about it, for Its exactly what would be expected. The show is based upon surreal humor. And its not in any way for everyone, you either get a charge out of the humor, or it will seem bland and dumb, but as a movie, it does very well. In some ways it tries to establish structure, and a basic plot, but in such a way that it doesn't bore, and holds together as a "movie". when you think about it, for a show that runs at 15 minutes an episode, a 90 minute film such as this is quite impressive, and it doesn't try to be what its not. It also features the return of various characters from the show, and the introduction of some new, somewhat absurd (in a good way) characters. Its no South Park movie, but unlike the so called "family guy" film, released a year or two back, its a real movie, and not a string of episodes put together. Of course, its aqua teen hunger force, so in some ways thats an under statement. In the end the only thing it lacks is that "epic" feel from what you would expect from a TV to Theater movie. Regardless, it will satisfy the aquateen/adultswim fan base in ways you can only imagine. Expand
  28. ArmondA.
    Sep 8, 2007
    Here's a rule that I always abide by: two people who agree with one another about films nearly all of the time are quite likely to disagree over comedies quite often and with great vigor. Far be it from me, then, to try to explain WHY I find ATHF to be funny. Moreover, in the case of this particular film, the single score that we're asked to issue is in itself misleading, since Here's a rule that I always abide by: two people who agree with one another about films nearly all of the time are quite likely to disagree over comedies quite often and with great vigor. Far be it from me, then, to try to explain WHY I find ATHF to be funny. Moreover, in the case of this particular film, the single score that we're asked to issue is in itself misleading, since it represents an average of TWO scores--perhaps a 9 and a 3--as if an individual critic cannot agree with himself. The reader can picture me watching this cinematic fruit salad and reacting with hoots, howls, grimaces, and indifference. I can say with some certainty that this critique would be less good-natured had I gone to the trouble and expense of seeing the movie in a theater rather than watching it in the more forgiving and receptive state of the couch-potato, Nothing ventured, nothing resented. Perhaps the most important quality in the film is its "modesty", which seems like an odd perception given the frequent references to infantile sexual preoccupations. The modesty is in the film's satirical targets. Unlike South Park, for instance, the "auteurs" stick to making fun of the conventions of popular culture, which is a field in which the young cartoonists are genuine experts. While seemingly "lawless" and "subversive", this superficially "outrageous" collage has its roots in the soil of the old Dick Van Dyke show, Sid Caesar's Show of Shows, and even the equally hit and miss absurdist sketches of Ernie Kovaks and Monty Python. That puts it in some pretty fine company. Know what I mean?? Know what I mean?? Wink-wink! Expand
  29. KevinR.
    Apr 13, 2007
    Amusing, just like the show, but a little too long. Rather than making a movie, they should have made a four-part miniseries.
  30. MichaelB.
    Apr 14, 2007
    It definitely did not live up to my expectations, but was still pretty good. It's basically like watching a 90 minute episode: funny, rediculous, and nothing gets completely resolved at the end of it. The one thing that I took away from this movie: Neil Peart is a badass.

To call the animation crude would be high praise. But they succeed enough of the time to make a perversely entertaining movie.
    Narrative's beside the point in a movie created by two guys who gorge on pop culture's high-fat diet and regurgitate it into something approaching . . . art? Close enough.
  3. The plot can't be summarized: Let's just say that crazy s--- happens, and occasionally, you laugh.